Author Topic: PATS BABY!!!  (Read 7285 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 10:54:58 pm »
well Ive been on the computer the whole game playing poker and happened to be at the forum when the game ended, heh
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 07:26:16 am »
though i wanted carolina to win, it was a great game, and a great time.

fantastic halftime show - maybe the best ever! :D big props to justin timberlake, and even bigger props to tivo! really though, what was supposed to happen there????

thanks to everyone for destroying 12 Sally\'s pizzas. i didn\'t think it could be done, but i was proven wrong. no leftovers this year!

congrats to ron and lisa for winning $100 for halftime and the 3rd quarter in the pool.. also congrats to adrian for walking away with $125 for the final.. i took the 1st quarter for $25, but since i had $55 in the pool, i was still out $30.. oh well..

at work right now on 2 hours sleep. ugh. vivarin and red bull today, baby! :D

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 11:04:54 am »
And for those who missed the live video:
VIDEO

And let\'s not forget about the streaker before the 2nd half kickoff:
Here he is. . .

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 01:17:03 pm »
Well Congrats to the Pats.

I thought Carolina had it in them to win and if their coach knew how to handle point after conversions and understood that Foster was their better back, this may have been a different post. Yeah their kicker kinda blew it but I believe no matter where Brady got the ball he was gonna drive down to @ least give Adam a try.
That said this SB was alright IMO. Too much of a lull in the 1st and 3rd Q\'s but when the sparks were flying there has not been a better QB battle since when Joe and Dan in \'85 ?

Tom Brady was good but MVP was Rodney Harrison and ya\'ll know it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Victory!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 03:43:07 pm »
The Wolfman Thinketh...

The Party:  Awesome.  25 great people + 61 inches of Patriots victory on the screen + 12 Sally\'s apizzas + 9 types of cereal in Lisa\'s Special Secret Cereal Mix + 1 cooler full of beer + 100 squares of majorly milked money from the crowd = 1 great party.  The party really kicked up a notch when simultaneously we sold the last squares and the game started to get crazy near the end of the first half.  And for those that stayed after the game...we put the halftime show to shame right in the Pecoraro kitchen!  Great time.

The Game:  Most entertaining Super Bowl I\'ve ever seen, that\'s all I know.  As I posted 2 weeks ago, it is quite evident that god is a Pats fan.  (Or maybe it\'s just fixed...)  What more could you want?  Crazy how 42 minutes of the game were scoreless and in the other 18 minutes there were SIXTY ONE points.  One of the wackiest games ever.  Good thing I didn\'t put any money on my "pick of the year" taking the under!    

The Halftime Show:  Total junk.  Nellie grabbing his crotch for 4 minutes straight and doing a 3 year old song.  Kid Suck.  Janet Jackson looking way too much like Michael.  And Justin/Janet glorifying violence against females with him ripping her costume apart and her acting all shocked.  This stuff is bad enough for society on MTV, and has no place in a mass media outlet such as the Super Bowl.  And what is it with the Justin/Britney paralells?  They both go from sqeaky-clean teeny-bopper Disnified icons to hyper-sexualized gender-role-conforming sluts who hook up with women old enough to be their mothers.  Pop sucks.

The Team:  This is the greatest single season since the undefeated Dolphins of \'72.  Undefeated at home.  Undefeated against teams with winning records.  Undefeated in October, November, December, and January.  Beat both MVPs in the regular season and both again in the playoffs.  15 wins in a row in a league of parity.  Best owner, head coach, coaching staff, quarterback, and defense in the NFL.  Unreal.  

The Other Team:  The Panthers played their hearts out, but made too many mistakes in the end.  Funny how Delhomme and Foster carried the team while the vaunted D-Line and Steve Smith were non-factors.  You just never know.  They gave the Pats a great run and deserve a lot of credit.    

That\'s all.  What a year.  PATS #1!!!

Wolfman

PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 03:47:27 pm »

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
Re: Victory!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 04:21:20 pm »
Originally posted by Wolfman
The Wolfman Thinketh...
 it is quite evident that god is a Pats fan.  (Or maybe it\'s just fixed...)  

I\'m a firm believer that football is fixed, heh. No other imaginable reason for a professional kicker who gets paid more money than any of us will see ever to do two things, kick field goals and keep the ball IN BOUNDS! No excuses for kicking the ball out of bounds in the super bowl. How can the guy kick a ball 50 yards through two goal posts that are not quite 40 yard apart (is that how wide the field is?) from the ground yet be unable to kick it off a tee and keep in in bounds? Sounds fishy to me. Screw the fed lookin into the halftime thing, I want the game reviewed!

Spoken like a true Dolphins\' fan, heh. Congrats. . .

Wolfman

PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 06:20:00 pm »
A field goal 40 yards wide?  Yikes!  The field goal posts are 18.5 feet wide (6.17 yards) and the field is 160 feet wide (53.3 yards) but your point is well taken.  NFL kickers NEVER kick kickoffs out of bounds, then he does it on that kickoff?  Thing is though, there was nothing left to fix at that point.  The over under was locked for over and there was no way the Pats could possibly cover the spread.  Fixing the outcome does not happen because there is no money riding on the outcome, there is only money on the spread.  Nobody is going to go to the trouble of fixing the outcome of the Super Bowl because there is no money involved.  There are many other plays in many other games that can be argued towards fixation, but that kick was simply a huge blunder, nothing more, nothing less.  They happen.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2004, 09:45:36 pm »
Point taken. . . But I\'m still gonna try to make up every excuse in the book, heh. To me it didn\'t matter that he kicked it out of bounds in a way for the following: 1. Tom Brady was lighting up the Carolina secondary all game, as was Jake, and the extra twenty yards from the blunder probably would not have made a huge difference because they woulda aired it out ala the first Miami game for 80+ yards anyways. 2. if that did not happen the coin toss would have been fixed for the Pats to get the ball anyways :-)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2004, 01:59:07 pm »
Hey Dave and everyone else who was at the party....How does it feel to take part in history?

TiVo Users Couldn\'t Get Enough of Janet Jackson  

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - When Justin Timberlake tore at Janet Jackson leather outfit during Sunday\'s Super Bowl half-time show, TiVo users took notice.

Then they took notice again and again, using the digital video recorder to replay the event and to pause at the crucial moment in order to discern just what it was that Jackson had revealed to millions of Americans.

TiVo said that particular halftime stunt was the most replayed moment not only of the Super Bowl but of all TV moments that the young company has ever measured.

TiVo said it used its technology to measure audience behavior among 20,000 users during the Super Bowl. The exercise revealed a 180% spike in viewership at the time of the -- as Timberlake refers to it -- "wardrobe malfunction."

One notable TiVo user apparently unimpressed with the performance of Timberlake and Jackson was FCC chairman Michael Powell who launched an investigation into the bare-breasted matter. Powell is so taken with TiVo that he once referred to it as "God\'s machine."

This marks the third year that TiVo has released details of its second-by-second review of how Super Bowl viewers used their TiVo units. Not only did users pause and replay the infamous portion of the halftime show more than any moment during the game, but they also did the same for some commercials.

TiVo\'s top two commercials, based on user behavior, are both from Bud Light: a romantic sleigh ride interrupted by a flatulent horse and a sharp-toothed dog demonstrating his unusual way of scoring a beer for his master.

Showbiz whoredomn at its worst,

Pitch

And John Fox never should have went for two down 21-16.
And Bill Bellichek is as good, if not a better, all-time coach than Parcells.
But Brady is not Montana. Need two more on the fingers to even consider it.

davepeck

• Administrator
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 02:07:53 pm »
:holyshit::holyshit::holyshit::holyshit::holyshit:

they\'re watching me?!?!? that\'s it.. tivo goes out the window when i get home..

:) yeah, i read that article last night.. i think for the night, janet\'s boob spent more time on the tv than tom brady.

the true test will be to see if the pro bowl halftime show can top it..

oh, and Wardrobe Malfunction is a great name for a band.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2004, 02:20:53 pm »
Originally posted by ChrisPitch
TiVo\'s top two commercials, based on user behavior, are both from Bud Light: a romantic sleigh ride interrupted by a flatulent horse and a sharp-toothed dog demonstrating his unusual way of scoring a beer for his master.

Great commercials, but the best (also from Bud Light) was the referee getting yelled at and not moving, then cutting to him in his living rom getting yelled at by his wife.  I have never been so proud to have been drinking Bud Light.  Half-yards of Guinness and Newcastle for next year, anybody?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Wolfman

PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2004, 11:31:33 pm »
Anheuser-Busch also came thorugh with the most putrid moment of the Super Bowl, even worse than Justin/Janet.  Their commerical with the two underage girls is ethically questionable advertising.  In the ad, two smokin\' hot 18 year olds go into a convenience store and check out all the A-B products.  They then decide not to buy because they are underage, and the tagline is "Don\'t drink if you\'re under 21."  Like anybody listens to that.  What was really going on in this ad?  You see the hot underage kids going for the Budweiser.  The real message of this commercial is "If you\'re underage, you drink Budweiser."  The ad is completely designed to get underage drinkers to drink A-B products, and even worse, it is disguised with a "don\'t drink if you\'re underage" message.  

« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 12:02:19 pm by Wolfman »

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2004, 11:48:44 pm »
Originally posted by Wolfman

I can\'t wait to start work w/ Sam Adams and do my part to put these fuckers out of business.

Go get \'em Wolf!

Wolfman

PATS BABY!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2004, 11:50:49 pm »
Yeah, they only have 62% of the ENTIRE domestic beer market, compared to Sam Adams\' .4%.  They\'re dead.