Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-09-05 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 11782 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Setlist: 2008-09-05 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 02:44:06 pm »
Your Breakfast statistician is also obliged to report that this was the most expensive show ever in terms of cost per song.  With a $10 cover and 8 songs played, that\'s $1.25 per song.  That is stratospheric for The Breakfast, in fact, they had never broken the $1 mark before.

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 03:08:48 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;201709
Your Breakfast statistician is also obliged to report that this was the most expensive show ever in terms of cost per song.  With a $10 cover and 8 songs played, that\'s $1.25 per song.  That is stratospheric for The Breakfast, in fact, they had never broken the $1 mark before.

and i thought i was a nerd

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 03:36:20 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;201709

Wolfman, how many notes played last night and how much did each note cost?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:38 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;201701
i cant believe no one has mentioned the rufus yet.  

or the taboo, for that matter. people were bumpin and jumpin for sure.

but really, the rufus jam was incredible and the energy given back from the crowd was electric.

eagerly waiting to listen go this show!

peaches626

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 04:10:55 pm »
if anyone found a phone on the floor that looked like it felt out of Zach Morris\' pocket, it\'s actually mine....

so if you have it, thanks
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Ren

• what?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 04:46:33 pm »
Haven\'t felt crowd energy like this in a while.  The show had a great feel and a really happy vibe to it.  Everyone seemed really happy to see eachother.  I can\'t tell you how many, "Heeeeeey(s)!!!!" I heard outside before the show.  Great to have you back Lexington, I totally should\'ve beaten your ass right then and there, ya know, to make up for lost time, but, uh, there\'ll be plenty of time for that....

Other than Bill\'s Bar that time, I can\'t recall seeing a 3 song set.  It was so good I didn\'t even realize until Pitch said something.  

Synergy fuckin\' ripped.  I used to kinda have a take it or leave it attitude towards it, but the last two or three I\'ve seen have been for real, last night\'s was no execption.  I could swear they changed one small part of it, I guess I\'ll have to wait and see if it was a one time thing.  

Rust was ok at first and then kind went crazy at the end.  It\'s funny how people interpret things differently, cuz I thought until it started to get really good there was a lot of forced playing to borrow the term, kinda jamming for the hell of it with the hopes that something magical happened.  No risk, no reward.  I am NOT complaining by any means.  

Rufus was long awaited, though it\'s only been like 5 or 6 shows or something, it seemed to have that "FINALLY!!" feel to it judging by people\'s reactions.  Shit got pretty intense.  I loved the back and forth shit with Tim and Dangles resulting in them screaming together.  I love that kinda stuff.  Pretty serious, (I will NOT say "ser") peaks throughout the jams.  Can\'t wait to hear it again.

HLH was just wild.  It did take me places.  I may have gotten lost a few times.  Nothing wrong with that though.  Christ, what do I sound like saying something like that. ;)  Clearly one of, if not the best one i\'ve heard.

I wasn\'t in the mood for Gravity, but within a minute or two I didn\'t care.  Very well played.  I liked the Manteca tease, and the little bits of Merge that seeped it\'s way in for a fine segue.  Merge just killed it.  Jen\'s favorite song on her birthday must\'ve been pretty nice...

Taboot was a nice way to end things.  Shit got pretty crazy.  I hope I didn\'t smoosh anyone.  Though, I grabbed and threw Paul for some reason, sorry buddy.  Though totally sober, I have no idea what my problem was.  Sorry if I was that guy.

CMSS for an encore was about as good as it could\'ve been.  Great way to work out any left over dancin\' that some of us had left in us.  Good idea, whoever\'s it was.  Got kinda hot in there after a while, I can\'t help but laugh when ya hug some one after a hot-ass show like this one and ya kinda stick to eachother for a second.

Gonna be a pain in the ass to try to  see them before the Halloween run...

See ya!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:56:37 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 04:49:09 pm »
more proof as to why i will never trust the fucking "upstate new york thirty-minute queeb club"...

9-5-08: the redefinition of rufus - they went into this slow funk section in the jam, totally out of the ordinary. probably was close to 25-30 minutes

barely got over 20 minutes. did not hit 21.

one more thing to add: the opening 2nd set jam>HLH totaled probably over 45 minutes easy

not too easy, unfortunately. 31:40 on this one.

you upstaters have NO concept of time, do you? ;)

Ren

• what?
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »
...Rust seemed like it was at least 43 mins...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 04:58:03 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;201721
more proof as to why i will never trust the fucking "upstate new york thirty-minute queeb club"...

9-5-08: the redefinition of rufus - they went into this slow funk section in the jam, totally out of the ordinary. probably was close to 25-30 minutes

barely got over 20 minutes. did not hit 21.

one more thing to add: the opening 2nd set jam>HLH totaled probably over 45 minutes easy

not too easy, unfortunately. 31:40 on this one.

you upstaters have NO concept of time, do you? ;)

I hope this post is implying you have the show tracked out already... looking forward to hearing it.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 05:08:58 pm »
Quote from: Ren;201720
Taboot was a nice way to end things.  Shit got pretty crazy.  I hope I didn\'t smoosh anyone.  Though, I grabbed and threw Paul for some reason, sorry buddy.  Though totally sober, I have no idea what my problem was.  Sorry if I was that guy.

yea, we had a little mosh pit going there. the crowd last night was insane! return of alexi and derekw, first time seeing stefpav, ulee and cari opton in months taboot. Jens birthday show, new breakfast swag at the merch table, john and maria\'s pie for dinner, 7 songs for the whole show! awesome night! Thanks everyone! :banboogy:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 06:27:28 pm »
Great show last night!  Can\'t think of a better way to celebrate my birthday or better people to celebrate with!  :disco:

last nights merge was insanity, pure and simple

It really was, everyone went crazy when they started playing it!  :)

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 07:02:21 pm »
I couldn\'t think of a better way to spend my last Friday in C.T!  Jens Birthday, and the show which was Super Amazing!!
and now I have something to remember when I have to come back home and maybe I wont be so miserable on the way back :D Great seeing everyone!
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:08 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;201683
Minus Synergy, this looks like an incredible kick off!!

Ok, wow set one? wow!!  type II madness I presume?

I think I have a general idea, but can someone define "type II" for me (and "type I" for that matter)?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:46 pm »
Definitely one of the most creative shows ever! Great time, great place, great peeps, great music!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

peaches626

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 02:10:26 am »
Yes, yes, last night was lots of fun... can\'t even list off all the people I saw that I havent seen in a while.... As has been said, crazy jamming in pretty much every song- highlighted by rufus and hard luck for me- i\'ll agree that hard luck was probably one of the best one\'s i\'ve seen (but we always seem to say that...)

and let\'s give props to dangledooze for steppin it up on adrians rufus vocals (pretty sure i remember "livin in a dangle doo" and "sorrrrrrrrrrry........ chip.") since adrian didn\'t appear to have proper vocal miclification

and again, if anyone found my zach morris phone..... give it up
taints rule, gypsies drool!