Author Topic: The Indobox: 10-3-2008 (Fri.) - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 3239 times)

mudd

The Indobox: 10-3-2008 (Fri.) - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
rage it!

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:27 pm »
who\'s jeff bujak?  thought opening band was \'otherwise\'?

peaches626

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:28 pm »
jeff bujak is opening?!  haha, remember when that dude posted here?

i might go to this, not because of bujak
taints rule, gypsies drool!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 12:59:15 am »
I met Bujak at the Bfast Syracuse Feb 2007 show.  Threw out a Depeche Mode cover from what I remember.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

peaches626

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 02:00:49 am »
yes, i remember seeing bujak that night- i think that is the weekend i first met you, zurflu

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 10:55:26 am »
indobox is blowing up lately.  and its deserved. they have been putting a smile on my face for a while now

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 10:59:01 am »
i\'m out for tonight as i will be driving to canada, new york this afternoon.
the last time that i saw the indobox at sully\'s, they were opening for otherwise. don\'t know if many people going tonight have seen them, but they\'re actually a lot of fun. iw ould try to make it there early since they\'re opening.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 11:24:37 am »
its sure to be a great night of music.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 05:53:07 pm »
i\'ve downgraded myself to 50/50.  I\'ll be in the city tomorrow for Hot Chip.

Port Chester > Hartford > Port Chester > NYC is a lot of driving...I have about an hour to make a decision

Anyone definetly hitting this up?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

peaches626

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 11:20:54 pm »
i went to this- probably the third time i\'ve seen indobox and they\'ve impressed me more each time.... starting with about 5 minutes at last years camp bisco where apparently i told bennyboomers i thought they were terrible (dont really remember that tho)

this night was good fun, indobox was the headliner, not the opener, so i caught their whole set and the entire set of the franks (a sublimish reggae/punk band that apparantly only has men named "frank" in the band)

and they played an encore  with the house lights already on "only because the red sox won" which happened about 45 seconds before they finished the last song of their set... good times

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »
the back and forth between the game by the bar and the dance floor during commercial breaks/ slow innings definetly made for a weird night. didn\'t get fully into the indobox but had the game not been on I could easily have been going nuts at this show. I\'m like tim, this was only my 3rd or 4th time seeing them, and it blew away elisas birthday show,  and was a tie/just above boat cruise for me. Awesome time.

Franks were good dance party, they did an alright version of synchronicity II by the police and I think a sublime cover(?) maybe they just sounded a lot like them though. They were fun but I don\'t know I\'d go out of my way to see them. Jeff was a cool set, different in that he had a electric piano with heavy sustain and distortion so it sounded like a guitar, and a full keyboard that was doing all the bass line, piano, whatever else he needed going. He played over a laptop that was doing drum samples but the whole set was already pre-programed and he just played over it. He had his parts down and it was neat to see, but since it was all to a drum riff preprogrammed, there could only be so much improv which was kind of a let down. 99% of it was straight common time trance melody. he had one part that was in 11 and had some really good syncopation but for the most part it was a fun, albeit predictable set.

all in all a great night. now it\'s on to beck, of montreal and mstrkft!!! :banjump:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

peaches626

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 12:20:41 am »
there was definitely a sublime cover in the franks set, i think it was garden grove

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:28 am »
from the few times ive seen indo, ive realized the guitarist stage right knows what up
*Gia*

peaches626

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 01:09:52 am »
one of the dudes def reminds me of barber\'s style occasionally.  indobox reminds me a little bit of moe. and the biscuits...

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:07 am »
Quote from: peaches626;206167
one of the dudes def reminds me of barber\'s style occasionally.  indobox reminds me a little bit of moe. and the biscuits...

i can definitely see that... a lot of their style is sorta biscuity i think. im not exactly sure what sound they are going for quite yet; like, they seem to still be transitioning and defining their own unique style... it\'s interesting to watch, because they are still such a young band. but when they nail it, they NAIL and, and i can\'t wait for the day when they really grow and come into their sound and are packing large venues and we\'ll all be saying "remember when we saw them at SULLYS?" haha it seems inevitable though !

friday\'s show was definitely a fantastic one. lots of really intense and sick jams. they\'ve gotten much tighter since Up North even... ya\'ll were nuts for missing this show (in reference to those .infoer\'s who did most of the talkin earlier in this thread!)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?