Author Topic: [BT] Girl Talk: 2008-08-08 - All Points West @ Liberty State Park; Jersey City, NJ  (Read 2303 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Code: [Select]
Girl Talk
2008-08-08
All Points West @ Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ

Taper:  davepeck
  Source:  Audio-Technica 853(h) > SP-SPSB-3 > iRiver iHP120 (16-bit/44.1k).
Transfer:  iRiver iHP120 > Sony Sound Forge 9.0 (Waves L2 & fades) > CDWave > FLAC16.
   Notes:  Not a great recording. Had my bass roll-off set at 107Hz, and apparently that
           wasn\'t enough to keep the heavy bass sections from distorting a little. Definitely
           listenable, just nothing fantastic.
           Also, there\'s no right or wrong way to track Girl Talk. This is just my own interpretation.

***** DO NOT ENCODE TO AND DISTRIBUTE AS MP3!! *****
**** DO NOT SELL OR PURCHASE THIS RECORDING!!!! ****

-----------------------
DISC TOTAL:     [45:59]
-----------------------
01. intro       [02:29]
02. Track 02    [03:24]
03. Track 03    [01:16]
04. Track 04    [02:16]
05. Track 05    [03:17]
06. Track 06    [03:12]
07. Track 07    [05:20]
08. Track 08    [02:10]
09. Track 09    [04:08]
10. Track 10    [03:02]
11. Track 11    [02:36]
12. Track 12    [05:46]
13. Track 13    [04:03]
14. Track 14    [03:00]
-----------------------

Enjoy!

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62685

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
man, i tried listening to this on the drive in today, and i gotta say....

this is about the worse convergance of things i\'ve ever heard!

starting with an ode to cloverfield was bad enough, but the lame beats, random wanna-be-shocking samples and michael franti-like crowd exhortations were just too much. it sounded like some guy had his 808 state drum machine turned on while his roommate was playing the radio in another room and the mics were in the hallway in the middle.

i saw in the fall tour dates thread that, apparently, the only reason one would go to see this guy is because there are hot chicks there. they\'d better be giving out hummers to each and all, because i can see plenty of hotties driving through george mason\'s campus without being forced to listen to such purile crap!

sorry, but damn... this is considered talent?????

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
I love girl talk for exercising to. you get a continuous upbeat tempo for 45-60 minutes and some of the segways and mixes are done pretty creatively, but it\'s definetly not for everyone. Thanks dave!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
defnitiely thanks, as always, for taping, dave! i\'ve heard a bunch of folks mention him, but wouldn\'t have had a chance to form an opinion without this.

maybe i should exercise more...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
fair enough. :lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
I rarely throw on Girl Talk if I am just listening to it by myself.  It is best enjoyed at a party with a large group of people.  Also, the atmosphere at one of his shows is hard to recreate on CD.  If you are listening to GT by yourself I would try the album "Feed the Animals"...it\'s actually pretty solid the whole way through.

I have a remastered set from last year\'s Camp Bisco (which is great) that i\'ve been meaning to put on.  I\'ll try to find it and post it.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."