Author Topic: 08-09 National Hockey League Thread  (Read 31589 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
08-09 National Hockey League Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2009, 04:54:59 pm »
Avery is an asshole, but unless your goalie wakes up he might be your only hope of hanging onto the 7th seed... Only 3 points separate 8-10...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;221716
Avery is an asshole, but unless your goalie wakes up he might be your only hope of hanging onto the 7th seed... Only 3 points separate 8-10...

avery is the best instigator in the buisness.
dude singlehandedly draws penalties.all the strangers gotta do is capitilize on the advantages he gets the team..

----------------
Now playing: Wilco - Via Chicago
via FoxyTunes
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2009, 05:12:33 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;221720
Quote from: Yoda;221716

avery is the best instigator in the buisness.
dude singlehandedly draws penalties.all the strangers gotta do is capitilize on the advantages he gets the team..

...and not get scored on and lose to teams like Atlanta, Dallas, St. Louis and Toronto.  And you can\'t afford for March to end up like February (3-10)
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:53 am »
It\'s a good time to be a devils fan...

- 6 points behind the eastern and western conference leaders
- Power ranking of #1 by ESPN for the past two weeks
- Brodeur is 2 games away from breaking Roy\'s all time win record
- Broduer is 4 shutouts away from breaking Sawchuk\'s all time shutout record

Just saying....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:23 am »
Impressive.

Haven\'t the Devils been a solid team for the past few seasons?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2009, 11:34:33 am »
Solid regular seasons, but we\'ve been bounced out of the playoffs pretty quickly.  But to be in the position that we are with Brodeur having been injured for most of the season is what makes this feeling great!

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2009, 11:40:26 am »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:18 am »

Congratulations to Brodeur for becoming the All-Time Winning Goalie in NHL history...

spance

• ride
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12:32 am »
Quote from: Spacey;222910
Impressive.

yeah...untill they play the Rangers in the playoffs:)

Oh, and congrats to Fatso on being the all-time wins leader. I can\'t wait untill March 30th when Avery gets to congratulate him in person...that will be must see TV.
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2009, 11:22:31 am »
Quote from: spance;223415
Impressive.

Oh, and congrats to Fatso on being the all-time wins leader. I can\'t wait untill March 30th when Avery gets to congratulate him in person...that will be must see TV.

Typical ranger fan comment... Do you forget a couple years ago when we swept you out of the playoffs?  For the most part you\'ve had our number in the playoffs, but the rangers were a different team during those series.  You can call Brodeur fatso or dredge up his personal issues (which has nothing to do with his playing ability), but he still is statistically the best goaltender to play the game; and he\'ll have the shutout record by year end or early next year...  We\'ve had 3 Stanley Cups since your last in 94 and by my calculations, you\'re due for another in 2048.  Have fun watching us win until then...

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2009, 11:22:46 am »
A huge accomplishment for Marty.

As much as I love to root against him he deserves all the praise etc.

Hell he even had a lockout year so this should have already happened (barring injury of course)

The Devils look really good headed in to the playoffs.

Still think Roy was better but it is hard to compare eras and stats etc.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2009, 11:42:00 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;223426
A huge accomplishment for Marty.

As much as I love to root against him he deserves all the praise etc.

Hell he even had a lockout year so this should have already happened (barring injury of course)

The Devils look really good headed in to the playoffs.

Still think Roy was better but it is hard to compare eras and stats etc.

Now that\'s a comment from a ranger fan that has taken off the blinders and has seen this accomplishment for what it is.

spance

• ride
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2009, 05:00:54 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;223424
Quote from: spance;223415
Impressive.

Typical ranger fan comment... Do you forget a couple years ago when we swept you out of the playoffs?  For the most part you\'ve had our number in the playoffs, but the rangers were a different team during those series.  You can call Brodeur fatso or dredge up his personal issues (which has nothing to do with his playing ability), but he still is statistically the best goaltender to play the game; and he\'ll have the shutout record by year end or early next year...  We\'ve had 3 Stanley Cups since your last in 94 and by my calculations, you\'re due for another in 2048.  Have fun watching us win until then...

You guys still aren\'t even as good as the 80-84 Islanders and where are they now?  And your Stanley Cups...you ONLY HAVE three last time I checked. And after that flop Brodeur took last year when Avery pushed him...he LOST my respect, he became no better then Avery. It was like he was auditioning for a career in movies for his post-hockey days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y0RJ7rvxu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZUmnyId3M...this ones even better

Original Six fo\' life!!! Maybe you should jump on the Boston bandwagon while it\'s still warm because they are the team to beat coming out of the East...not the Devils. Regular season hockey don\'t mean shit either, when the Playoffs start it\'s a whole new animal and if you can\'t play 60 or more minutes of physical style hockey...then forget it. But we\'ll see what happens in the next month, still too early to even know who\'s playing who.

But seriously, I hate your team so don\'t take it personally....its just sports. I hate alot of teams:) And no, i\'m not the typical Ranger fan...those guys/gals are hardcore. And the last time I checked, only one goalie in the HISTORY of the NHL has won 30 games in his first 4 seasons.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:08:08 pm by spance »

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2009, 06:10:16 pm »
all the shittalk about the strangers asside,after dumpin renney and scoopin torts,avery and antropov,the new york hockey strangers=STR8 FIRE.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

spance

• ride
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;223456
all the shittalk about the strangers asside,after dumpin renney and scoopin torts,avery and antropov,the new york hockey strangers=STR8 FIRE.

and Morris on the blueline...what Torts (and Schoenfeld) has done for Staal and Girardi in ten games (6-3-1) Renney couldn\'t do in a lifetime. But I digress, most Ranger fans hate The Swamp Rats and The Fishsticks and vice versa...just the way it is I guess. Doesn\'t mean I won\'t buy you a beer Yoda and talk shop. But Brodeur is still a whiney BITCH!!! Albeit, the winningest whiney bitch ever.

Saturday we have a chance at knocking the Sabres out of the playoffs for good and without Miller in goal we better get those two points. Rangers are averaging 40 shots on goal a night and except for the shut-out in Carolina they\'ve played decent hockey. Zherdev getting benched has sent a clear message to this team...play hard or sit. Torts motto is, "safe is death"...that\'s what we\'ve needed ever since iron mike left NY.