Author Topic: Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!  (Read 17585 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;197594
Yoda\'s going back to Degobah

rotfl rotfl love it
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 04:43:49 pm »
tbc and a beaut.
praises round da hizzy
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 07:00:10 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;197585
It definitely started as one song.  EE debuted on 11/15/01 and wasn\'t separated until Part 2 was played on its own on 5/21/03.  So, I definitely agree with you.

You mean until Escher\'s Etchings** was played on 5/21/03.

** Unfinished, without instrumental prologue

But thank you for agreeing with me. A rare pleasure on .info
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:18 pm »
Believe it or not, I\'m actually a pretty agreeable person.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:19 pm »
^^
don\'t take it personally. I meant .info as a whole :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 10:13:45 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;197631
Quote from: Yoda;197585
It definitely started as one song.  EE debuted on 11/15/01 and wasn\'t separated until Part 2 was played on its own on 5/21/03.  So, I definitely agree with you.

You mean until Escher\'s Etchings** was played on 5/21/03.

** Unfinished, without instrumental prologue

But thank you for agreeing with me. A rare pleasure on .info

as far as eschers goes, I\'m pretty sure vic (verizon studio producer) was responsible for the part 1/2 split. Until they started mixing the bonafide album it was always one song. when kroop came around with the singles (who else still has one?) it was eschers part1/2 and cosmic spaceway. It was explained to me that the verse/chorus part of eschers had more potential to get airplay without a long instrumental introduction, so they separated it so that radio stations would be more likely to play the song, simply as eschers 2. Soon after the single came out, the song started being played as separate parts.

(goes back in lurk mode)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 11:23:08 pm »
i got love for my brothas but we can neva go no wheya unless we shaya with eachotha
*Gia*

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 09:25:26 am »
I\'ll "ism" myself this morning.  Since "The Breakfast" has cemented itself and it\'s name as such, wouldn\'t it be something if.....instead of a Timmy Tour show on Thursday, October 30, 2008....Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan got together for a Psychedelic Breakfast Reunion Show celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the band and played tunes from that were played during the 98-99 era, which included:

2001, Ah.. The Name Is Breakfast Baby, All Along the Watchtower, Another Brick in the Wall, Another One Bites the Dust, Attraction To Shade Ditty, Beat Box, Beef Barley, Black Magic Woman, Born to Be Wild, Bouree, Brain Damage/Eclipse, Bring it on Home, Bugs, Castles Made of Sand, Chameleon, Chris Farley, Come Softly, Crossroads, Cut Me Some Slack, Dazed and Confused, Deep Elem Blues, Drunk Monk Bar, Earache My Eye, Epiosde 1 (Happy), Evil Ways, Fire, Flower Punk, Franklins Tower, Frankly Po Zest, Funk, Funk-A, Funky Bill’s Circus Cliche, Garcian Fishbowl, Give it Away, Give Up the Funk, Gladys Pimp & Kangaroo’s With Me, Good Times Bad Times, Gypsy Girl, HDX, Heather, Hell in a Bucket, Help on the Way, Hot For Teacher, Hush, I’m the Slime, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Lady Madonna, Language of the Gods, LDZ, Legend of a Mind, Lemon Song, Light My Fire, Lit, Little Wing, Love Lake, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Lurk, Maggot Brain, Magic Fingers, Manic Depression, Memory of a Free Festival, Moby Dick, Mommy What’s a Funkadelic?, Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episdoe 2), Mr. Green Genes, Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples, No Glove No Love, No Quarter, One Way, Out, Oompa Loompa Song, Oye Como Va, Peace Frog/Blue Sunday, Peaches en Regalia, Penny Saved, Phaddy Boom Baddy, PMDTV, Prom ’97, Puppetry, Roadhouse Blues, Scarlet Begonias, See the Light, Sex Machine, Sir Psycho Sexy, Slipknot!, Son of Simpleton, Soul Sacrifice, Space Oddity, Special Secret Song Inside, Stand, Stayin Alive, Steak Frustration (1st Movement), Steak Frustration (2nd Movement), Stormy Monday, Summertime, Summertime Blues, Sunshine of Your Love, Super Bad, Superfly Phaddy Fat, Surfin Bird/Duodenum, Susie Q, Sweet Leaf, Tatanka, Thank You (For Talkin To Me Africa), The Acid Queen, The Chicken, The Grand Scheme of Things, The Vermont Song, Touch Me, Tribal Funk Affliction, Uncle Freddy, Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Walk on the Wild Side, Warped, Weekapaug Groove, What the Funk, Whatever it is I just can’t stop, Willie the Pimp, Women and You Enjoy Myself.

Imagine the possibilities!  This will never happen, but it\'d be something if it did.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 10:48:14 am »
Quote from: Yoda;197686
wouldn\'t it be something if.....instead of a Timmy Tour show on Thursday, October 30, 2008....Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan got together for a Psychedelic Breakfast Reunion Show celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the band .

How do you celebrate the 10th Anniversary of a band that didn\'t make it 10 years?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 11:07:32 am »
Now, that\'s a whole other conversation that I don\'t want to get into.  I could argue the conversation your way (which I somewhat agree with), but I will argue to other.

Psychedelic Breakfast - Started in 98 with Tim, Adrian, Ron and Jordan

The Breakfast - Same band, same music, changed the name for a business reason

The Breakfast - Jordan left, Tim, Ron and Adrian remained, 3/4 of the line up remained and the songs remained

The Breakfast - Matt joined, Tim, Ron and Adrian remained, same songs plus some new originals

The Breakfast - Ron left and Chris joined; 1/2 of the original line up remained and half is new.  If they were going to be a new band, this would be the time; change names and start playing new tunes and supplement the set with some old.  The band decided against this; they kept the name, the majority of the songs are the same, with a slew of new originals.

Bottom line; the band decided this was the same band, not the fans

If The Who can still tour with two original members and still be The Who, why can\'t The Breakfast?

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 11:08:38 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;197704
Quote from: Yoda;197686
wouldn\'t it be something if.....instead of a Timmy Tour show on Thursday, October 30, 2008....Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan got together for a Psychedelic Breakfast Reunion Show celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the band .

How do you celebrate the 10th Anniversary of a band that didn\'t make it 10 years?

yeah. Im not feeling this idea. I like what we have going on now. :)
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:31 am »
How is it any different from any other side projects?  The band is now The Breakfast; this would be Psychedelic Breakfast.  I thought it would be an interesting idea, but I guess I\'m totally off on this one.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 11:29:13 am »
Quote from: Yoda;197716
but I guess I\'m totally off on this one.

what else is new.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 11:31:33 am »
at least your in the right thread

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:27 pm »
you guys are relentless.
:banguitar: :banboogy2: