Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-07-25 - Donegal Saloon; Kearny, NJ  (Read 19164 times)

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Setlist: 2008-07-25 - Donegal Saloon; Kearny, NJ
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 03:02:56 am »
Quote from: peaches626;197176

1) "The Landlady" becoming a regular part of "Punch You in the Eye" or

i think its the other way around. but i\'m just arguing for the sake of arguing. what can i say, i was feeling a lttle left out
caress me, aunt jemima

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 06:19:35 am »
Quote from: peaches626;197176
although i grow tired of all the phish comparisons/analogies, i digress.....

it\'s like when phish used to play "Clod", or "The Arrival" or any of the other actual songs that ended up entailing "Fluff\'s Travels" which ended up just being lumped in with "Fluffhead".  

For other examples see:

1) "The Landlady" becoming a regular part of "Punch You in the Eye" or

2) "The Asse Festival" becoming a permanant part of "Guelah Papyrus".  

-You see Yoda, "Ahoy!" certainly used to be it\'s own song, no one is arguing there.  But it appears that it is now known as just the closing section of a bigger, better thing, known as "May Fly Disarray".

I understand the logic behind the argument; I\'ll see it my way.  Just reading my posts about Ahoy!, you would be let to think that I\'m really an ass when it comes to this song, but those that knew me between 99-02 when I was pretty much at every new england/tri-state show new that I was pretty much obsessed with Ahoy!, so if they play the ending to May Fly as they did on the boat cruise last year, it will always be Ahoy! to me

Welcome to the 2000\'s Yoda, where the Red Sox win World Series and nobody cares about Bruce Springteen.

I know that I speak for some of the contingent on site when I say FUCK THE RED SOX!  I\'m actually glad they finally won, maybe the fans won\'t be so bitchy anymore.

On the other hand, if no one cared about The Boss, he wouldn\'t be selling out mutiple nights in arenas and stadiums worldwide, would he?  Bruce will always be relevant long after MMJ, Ween or Wilco are gone.

And while i\'m at it, what is that in your avatar?????

It\'s my daughter you jackass

To all the .info grammar freaks, sorry if i didn\'t use digress correctly.

And yoda, don\'t freak guy, i\'m just makin jokes
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:45 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;197116
If you have a moment, kindly explain the dual appearances of Synergy. Inquiring minds want to know.

Synergy Fest!

I: Jam > Synergy* > Cut Me Some Slack, Inner Glimpse, Synergy Reprise Jam$ > What the Funk#, Synergy%, Reel Time

*Begining and Jam only, (30 minutes with both Jams)
$ Jam on the riff that leads into the ending
#with Synergy Teases
%Proper Ending
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:20:22 am by Klout »

Ren

• what?
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 12:51:07 pm »
there it is.  i have a feeling this wonderfully played show with some really nice surprises and gems, for the lack of a better term, may never be heard.  

some nice highlights throughout.  really great jam with a pretty crazy peak in cmss.  synergy "reprise" >wtf was not bad at all

the AHOY>tlatg>mayfly would\'ve been the highlight of the show if not for the just silly gladys>drum/bass>merge that stole the show for me.  finally merge played the right way, and they played the hell out of it.  the simpleton was scorching too.

it was a good one.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 12:55:19 pm »
gaboo said that merge was one of the fastest hes ever seen
DS Newbers

Whineberg

• http://
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
If you consider Ahoy to be the end part of Mayfly, then this was dyslexic, because there was a song in between the parts (sorry, I\'m a Disco Biscuits fan). In any event, great show, just like the last Donegal Saloon show!!!

Ren

• what?
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 05:03:35 pm »
it was pretty fast, and if i remember right, a lot longer than usual.  forgot to mention the tease of love lake, it was a tease in every meaning of the word.  i would not mind hearing love lake in the near future.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 05:11:47 pm »
Well...

If only you had looked at The Breakfast\'s entry on wikipedia.org, you would have noticed that the band has 84 original songs. And believe me, not one of them is entitled "Ahoy".

Sincerely with love, etc.,

Pitchie

Ren

• what?
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 05:20:12 pm »
and for more fun on the subject:

Ahoy! > TLATG > May Fly > Metropolis, Gladys Pimp > Bass (Solo) and Drums > Jam > Merge

Grateful Dead
6/20/74

Set 2

Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin\' > Jam > Eyes Of The World > Slipknot! > Jam > China Doll, One More Saturday Night

;)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 05:42:34 pm »
Quote from: Whineberg;197206
If you consider Ahoy to be the end part of Mayfly, then this was dyslexic, because there was a song in between the parts (sorry, I\'m a Disco Biscuits fan). In any event, great show, just like the last Donegal Saloon show!!!

So dyslexic means a song inbetween, eh? as opposed to inverted which is the ending>beginning. that clears things up for me.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 02:03:42 pm »
someone taped with thier laptop.  this show better get heard again.  i never thought the mayfly>tlatg>myfly was gonna be topped.  then came the craziness after.  such a great 2nd set!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 02:34:08 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;197214

So dyslexic means a song inbetween, eh? as opposed to inverted which is the ending>beginning. that clears things up for me.

Or it could easily be tagged as two separate songs rather than reaching for a new way to categorize the way it\'s played.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 02:43:00 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;197312

Or it could easily be tagged as two separate songs rather than reaching for a new way to categorize the way it\'s played.

deblock,for the love of god...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 02:59:59 pm »
and metropolis is easily becoming one of my favs

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 03:14:52 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;197314
Quote from: Yoda;197312

deblock,for the love of god...

Yeah, I know, I\'m a major pain in the ass, bit it gets to be a bit too much when you\'re throwing around inverter, dyslexic, etc... Just play the fucking song and be done with it.  I put the blame on us, the fans, we try and read too much into it.  I\'m glad I\'m not a DB fan because I\'d need to learn too many ways a song can be played.  By that time, where\'s the fun?