Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 5608 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The Dark Knight
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 12:17:14 pm »
Wow. Really? No Keaton/Nicholson love?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The Dark Knight
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;196417

Batman (1989) and The Dark Knight are incomparable. I personally liked The Dark Knight better, but it\'s like comparing a Grateful Dead album to a Slayer album: they aren\'t trying to accomplish the same thing artistically, so there is no subjective way to say which is better.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The Dark Knight
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 12:43:47 pm »
can you see this movie without having seen the last few batmans and still have a good idea of what is going on?
DS Newbers

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
The Dark Knight
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 01:11:16 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;196424
can you see this movie without having seen the last few batmans and still have a good idea of what is going on?

The only one that is recommended (borderline necessary) viewing would be Batman Begins, which is definitely worth seeing anyway.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The Dark Knight
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 01:39:02 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;196420
Quote from: Vassillios;196417

Batman (1989) and The Dark Knight are incomparable. I personally liked The Dark Knight better, but it\'s like comparing a Grateful Dead album to a Slayer album: they aren\'t trying to accomplish the same thing artistically, so there is no subjective way to say which is better.

they are incomparable, you\'re right.

i just think the original is awesome and gotham city is pretty damn cool looking in the first one... for 1989 it was kind of a big deal.

i can\'t wait to see this new one... heath ledger came a long way from 10 things i hate about you. such a tragic story... looks like he went out on a high note though
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
The Dark Knight
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »
saw this last night and was blown away... i was convinved that i would end up passing out in the theater but was on the edge of my seat come the end of the film at 2:45ish. even if you haven\'t seen all of the batman movies, make a point to try and catch this one while it\'s in the theater.

Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;196406
It is no longer surprising to me that Heath Ledger went off the deep end. Such an amazing performance.

he stole the show. i heard something about how he basically became an insomniac during the making of the film and pretty much lost his mind after staying in joker character...

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
The Dark Knight
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 06:46:30 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;196457
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;196406
It is no longer surprising to me that Heath Ledger went off the deep end. Such an amazing performance.

he stole the show. i heard something about how he basically became an insomniac during the making of the film and pretty much lost his mind after staying in joker character...

So much conflicting information has come out about Ledger; with people saying he was always in character while others say that he was very normal when not in the Joker character. Maybe it\'s not giving Ledger enough credit for being such a fine actor, but it\'s hard for me to accept that playing the Joker character had nothing to do with his overdose.

Technically a spoiler, depending on how anal you are about movies, so I\'ll give it it\'s proper courtesy:
[SPOILER]One of the most harrowing moments for me was watching Ledger, in the midst of absolutely owning the Joker character, saying the something like, \'"In their last moments, you find out so much about who people really are." (I think that\'s the exact quote, but it was after 2am, so who knows)[/SPOILER]

Anyway, my not-so-bold prediction is that Heath scores the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. His performance was good enough that he\'ll get enough legitimate votes, and the sympathy vote will push it over the top; he deserves it one way or another after getting robbed of the Best Actor Oscar for Brokeback Mountain.

Eldwayno

The Dark Knight
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:07 am »
What a great movie, and Ledger certainly was the character... it lived up to all my expectations and then some

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The Dark Knight
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 11:03:00 pm »
great movie. absolutely no let-downs.

[SPOILER]i was happy no one mentioned the Two-Face business before i saw the flick. my favorite Joker moments were at the station after he got arrested-- sitting in the cell and in the interrogation room. he was absolutely phenomenal straight through. the nurse get up was also classic.[/SPOILER]

i\'ll definitely be seeing it again, next time in an imax theatre.. all imax\'s in the chicagoland area were sold out until late monday night. navy pier had 72 straight hours booked. fucking 3am and 5am sold out shows three straight days!

"So, do you wanna know which friends of yours were cowards?"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:03:00 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
The Dark Knight
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 06:59:27 pm »
Okay, so I saw "The Dark Knight" this weekend.   It lived up to all the hype.    But i have to say, that was a lot of script.  I almost felt like they could have made two movies there with all that.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The Dark Knight
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:46:54 pm »
2? hell, they could have gotten 3 easy. I\'m exhausted after watching that monster!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
The Dark Knight
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 10:57:57 pm »
:downloads>watches in livingroom:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The Dark Knight
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 10:53:14 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;196722
2? hell, they could have gotten 3 easy. I\'m exhausted after watching that monster!

Dude I was worn out. I immediately smoked two cigs.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The Dark Knight
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:07:48 am »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The Dark Knight
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 11:29:50 am »
you sohuld just use that whale to talk on your behalf on every post you do from here on out.
DS Newbers