Author Topic: So..... new album anyone?  (Read 9149 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
So..... new album anyone?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 07:43:11 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;196160
Quote from: Yoda;196107
The name may be the same, but it was a different band when these songs were written.  I guess, I\'m on the outside looking in on this debate, but if they recorded songs that were not written by this band, it\'s just as bad as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley adding a new guitarist and drummer and slapping Ace and Pete\'s makeup on them.  Don\'t get me wrong, I personally think that this is the best they\'ve sounded in a long time, but let\'s not make it out as this is the "same" band as it\'s always been.

WOW. We actually agree on something.

This is the reason I thought they should have dropped being the Breakfast. They could have used the new members to drop all the preconceived notions that folks had about PB > The Breakfast and started fresh.

Could still play the old favorites but cease being The Breakfast and all the baggage that goes with it

i now,after hearing alot of the new tunes,completely agree...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »
EP is a good idea.  Quality over quantity.  Acoustic Live Breakfast double album is also a great idea.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 10:27:58 pm »
I think that the time to change names has already passed.  They\'ve been touring with the new line up under that name so it must stick.  But if/when they go into the studio, they need to record tunes that "this band" created; not ones that were created during another incarnation of the band and now honed with these members.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 10:40:18 pm »
considering 90 or 95% of the songs they play at every single gig were written before matt and dman joined I dont know why your so hung up on a studio album being all new tunes. but then again.....your yoda....

thatguy

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:01:54 pm »
more new tunes coming soon..i think.....

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 11:27:32 pm »
put sundance on the new album!!! :duck:

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:41 am »
changing the band name again might be the worst idea i have ever heard. nope, definitely the worst idea i have ever heard.

that said, i love you all
caress me, aunt jemima

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 01:04:34 am »
worst than...

you know, I don\'t have anything. Horrible idea. They\'ve spent way too much time building legwork nationwide to throw it all away and try to start over. now playing eschers 3/4 more often, *anice idea*
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 01:35:40 am »
EP\'s are a waste. Too short, too much money, just a sad idea altogether. Nothing stands in the way of them making an 80 minute album with decent production, BUT themselves.  Make the financial investment and wow people with an 80 minute epic masterpiece and be done with it.  

To say that the new album should exclude Tunage, Ep 3 and eschers 3+4 is ludicrous.  Tunage is such a fun and powerful tune.  A studio version would fit nicely on XM radio.  I\'m sick of only having live versions of it on my Ipod!! While I wasn\'t a fan of Ep3 at first because of the anti-climatic blues ending, I think the band should stay consistent with releasing each episode on a studio album.  And with Eschers, the band is playing it more with Chris and Matt, than they did with Ron.    

All they need to do is find a half decent producer who knows how to run a mixing board and they\'re golden.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 09:17:46 am »
Quote from: Klout;196188
considering 90 or 95% of the songs they play at every single gig were written before matt and dman joined I dont know why your so hung up on a studio album being all new tunes. but then again.....your yoda....

I get it, I\'m Yoda, I\'m an ass and I make stupid comments - given.  They play 90-95% (I think that % is way too high, more like 60%-70%) of older songs because there aren\'t enough new tunes to do a whole show.  I am not a hater of the older tunes...in fact, I prefer to hear them because it reminds me of the time I spend following them from 99-02.  That being said, and I will repeat myself...this is a new band, why dwell on older songs.  I know it\'s the norm to go to the back catalogue for a song or two when recording, but most of the bands that I\'m familiar with will rarely record a song that\'s been played on tour in the past; most of the time, they go into the studio and create NEW music that people haven\'t heard.  Whenever they release the next album, I\'ll eventually buy it, but if it\'s new songs that I haven\'t heard, then I\'ll be quicker to buy, otherwise, I can just listen to one of the songs on archive.org if I want to hear an older song.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:02 am »
Quote from: Klout;196104
Quote from: Overexjoesure;196098
living daylights sounds like a real shitty 311 outtake.Can\'t believe you would switch that with The Message.  

and the message sounds like a flamingly homsexual version of a children\'s song from sesame street or lamb chops...."come along with me...and we can act real queer... a place you want to be....because its fruity and gay.....la la la laaaaa la la....lah la la laaaa tee dah"  :vomit:

most unbreaksty song ever and huge buzzkill in any set. seen it clear the floor several times. wouldn\'t be good on album either. it really has no place among tunes as ser tunage, ep 3, synergy etc.

LD on the hand iis a grimey badass throat kicker

it\'s an obvious upgrade over the message to anyone with ears

passive aggressive gay bashing = the best way to be taken seriously and get your point across

Also, in my opinion, a long instrumental (well, 90% of the way through) like Episode 3 isn\'t the best way to start an album. Gotta hook the newbs with track one, or they\'re never going to listen to track two.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 09:58:11 am »
did I mention vinyl before?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 10:01:00 am »
Quote from: Lexington;196196
changing the band name again might be the worst idea i have ever heard. nope, definitely the worst idea i have ever heard.

that said, i love you all

Quote from: FrankZappa;196197
worst than...

you know, I don\'t have anything. Horrible idea. They\'ve spent way too much time building legwork nationwide to throw it all away and try to start over. now playing eschers 3/4 more often, *anice idea*

You guys didn\'t read my post.

I said they SHOULD have meaning past tense. It is too late to do it now.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 10:21:59 am »
Quote from: thatguy;196192
more new tunes coming soon..i think.....

NICE!!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24:20 am »
Tunage should be on the new album.

I don\'t care if half the band is new. It\'s still the same band. Just like when they changed their name from Psychedelic it was the same band. And just like when Jordan left it was still The Breakfast.

Its not like they are only playing songs written since Chris joined (I mean pre-Chris but with Matt songs shouldn\'t count either by whatever logic I\'m picking up on here)...

I say if its not on a previous album, if it kicks ass, and if Matt and Chris can play it, put it on a new one.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising