Author Topic: Breakfast 2008-07-11: Sullivan Hall *SBD Matrix* (FLAC16 + mp3 sendspace links)  (Read 3381 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
wow.

ok, fine, it\'s a landlady tease.  and i am a gigantic poser.

dick.
Postcount +1.

OMS

• Egg-Head
i mean thats just clearly not the case klout. i consider myself a huge phish fan as well as a breakfast fan.  that being said, i highly doubt timmy was thinking \'this is a landlady tease\' while he was playing it the one or two times throughout the night.  point being, the progression he was playing was not descendent from the landlady, but rather the landlady was descendent from that.  

i obviously understand where tim and the band are coming from, as ive seen them and listened to them enough to understand their influences.  however, to claim that they teased the landlady at all throughout the night is just incorrect.  in fact, it doesn\'t even really sound like the landlady.  there IS a difference. a big one.

it\'s a substantially different progression, played at a different speed.   unnecessary for you to get testy about it, just explaining that it\'s simply not what your are saying it is.  i highly doubt cobb or i think we\'re more qualified, more so that we just acknowledge that it\'s not that tune, merely a relatively similar sounding one.

and as well, i\'m not sure what your claiming i am posing as.  i don\'t think i \'know it all\' i simply disagree with your claim. to resolve to calling people posers and saying \'get your heads out of your asses\' is pretty juvenile. i\'d say the majority of people on this board would disagree with your statement, so don\'t take it personally and understand that you might not be right in this case.

and side note - jim...your playing last night really impressed me.  you\'ve only improved since last time I\'ve seen you play/listened to your original stuff.  Very thoughtful playing.  I hope I can one day share the stage with the guys too...haha.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:22:14 am by OMS »

Ren

• what?
yeah, so uh, don\'t mistake klout\'s "telling it like it is," or whatever he calls it as being negative, whatever you do.  this band obviously only thinks of phish when they play, especially matt.  christ man, just cuz they have at times a similar approach or style of playing doesn\'t necessarily mean they\'re heavily influenced by phish.  you can hear a number of different influences at any time.  all the great musicians borrow from each other, i mean there are so many old jazz songs i\'ve heard that are played by so many different people i have no idea who wrote half of them.  who knows what goes through their heads while they play.  silly arguing for the hell of it, good times.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
brown brown
*Gia*

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
ok that sounds pretty dick now that I look back at it but it was mostly just ball breaking. forgot to include the internet sarcasm meter. I am sorry if I offended your bloated musical egos by ripping your bullshit theories to shreds (JOKING!!!!! ;) SARCASM METER = 5.0!). I know its not played EXACTLY like the landlady but a notated tease in a jam band setlist is not always and exact note for note carbon copy of the song being teased. I think if you asked Timmy "what was that tease you played in...."  he is more likely to say "the landlady" than "classic latin progression". Ask Adrian he will prolly say LL. Ask D-man it could go either way. Ask Matt and he will probably say classic progression since there is a good chance he has no idea what LL even is.  Ask me I say land lady.  Ask you guys, classic latin prog. A room full of phish heads is mostly going to say land lady. A room full of latin people are going to say it\'s just a normal everyday progression. It could go either way....so I guess it\'s all perspective.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:54:27 am by Klout »

Ren

• what?
case closed you fuckin\' posers.

:)

have a SUPER day!
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;195880
Thanks, now get some sleep!
As of midnight last night, nope.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
this recording sounds MINT
*Gia*

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Quote from: Klout;195932
ok that sounds pretty dick now that I look back at it but it was mostly just ball breaking. forgot to include the internet sarcasm meter. I am sorry if I offended your bloated musical egos by ripping your bullshit theories to shreds (JOKING!!!!! ;) SARCASM METER = 5.0!). I know its not played EXACTLY like the landlady but a notated tease in a jam band setlist is not always and exact note for note carbon copy of the song being teased. I think if you asked Timmy "what was that tease you played in...."  he is more likely to say "the landlady" than "classic latin progression". Ask Adrian he will prolly say LL. Ask D-man it could go either way. Ask Matt and he will probably say classic progression since there is a good chance he has no idea what LL even is.  Ask me I say land lady.  Ask you guys, classic latin prog. A room full of phish heads is mostly going to say land lady. A room full of latin people are going to say it\'s just a normal everyday progression. It could go either way....so I guess it\'s all perspective.

I see what you\'re getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it\'s shabbas, the sabbath, which I\'m allowed to break only if it\'s a matter of life or death...

but seriously, i see your point, but i dont think something as subjective as what you are describing should get any sort of set list notation...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:40:16 am by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Is it a pain in the ass to upload the sendspace files again? If so, cool. If not, even cooler.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
why not just grab them from LMA?

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
Quote from: davepeck;200385

Llama doesn\'t work well with my Mac. Sendspace immediately loads tracks into my iTunes. I\'m sure with some work I could beat this problem but I\'m just not very good with computers. So in this case I\'m looking for an easy handout.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Quote from: Gordo;200414
Quote from: davepeck;200385

Llama doesn\'t work well with my Mac. Sendspace immediately loads tracks into my iTunes. I\'m sure with some work I could beat this problem but I\'m just not very good with computers. So in this case I\'m looking for an easy handout.

Weird, I don\'t have trouble getting files to download or stream with my Macs. I\'m running OS 10.4.11 and Safari 3.1.2 if that helps at all.

btw I love having access to so many shows via Llama. thank you everyone for the all the uploads.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
Alright, solved my little issue. Looks I\'ll be spending the first day of a new semester stockpiling all of these shows on mp3 disc that I hadn\'t been able to in the past. You guys are the shit.