Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-07-11 - Sullivan Hall; New York, NY  (Read 7985 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2008-07-11 - Sullivan Hall; New York, NY
« on: July 12, 2008, 03:30:42 am »
I: jam > Hard Luck Harry > Synergy > Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 3 & 4), Language Of The Gods, The Grand Scheme Of Things*, Wake Up In A Coma > Over Exposure > Hard Luck Harry

* with Jim Cobb on guitar.
Postcount +1.

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 04:02:52 am »
[BANANA]CObB!!!1![/BANANA]
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 10:42:31 am »
Looks like nothing but monsters on paper. Any changes to Language of the Gods since last time played (11/16/2007)?

If I remember correctly, the idea of Cobb sitting in on TGSoT had been floating around for a while now. Is that the first ever sit-in on Scheme?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52:38 am »
WOW!

I don\'t think you could possibly write a better looking set list for a one set show.

If they played it up to it\'s potential this show is guaranteed to be EPIC.  

Please tell me it was taped, for the love of god, someone say it was taped!!!!!!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:12:24 am »
amaaaaaaazing set list and executed to perfection! adrian after the show was jazzed about how they played, saying it was one of their best sets and that he couldn\'t wait to listen to the recording.

was so surprised to hear language of the gods and WUIAC. i don\'t remember language being any different than when i saw it played acoustic at jakes, but i could be wrong, drew.

cobby on scheme was flat out amazing. nicely crafted solo, then great exchange of some bluesy riffs w/ matt. right on point w/ all the transitions throughout. his guitar sounded great, really cutting and raw. (he said he noticed he was a little out of tune when he first started playing, but that was quickly remedied and i personally hadn\'t even noticed...)

gotta agree w/ what OMS said in another thread: tim was on fire last night. came out of the gates owning the stage and didn\'t let down the entire show.

the crowd was way to tiny for the epicness of this show. but sullivan\'s hall is such a rip off, i don\'t necessarily blame people for not making it. $6 bottles of beer and no taps running. i mean come on... fucking ridiculous...

oh yeah, and mooboo\'s was supposed to be the encore if they had more time. (they stopped playing at 1:55. Started at 12 and played balls to the wall the entire time.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:16:59 am by galenas »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:06 pm »
Quote from: galenas;195884

oh yeah, and mooboo\'s was supposed to be the encore if they had more time.

what the hell where they thinking when writing this setlist
*Gia*

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
what the hell where they thinking when writing this setlist

Probably something along the lines of, "Let\'s drop the most ser epic headdy craziness on them that we ever have and see how orgasmically people post on .info the next day!"

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 01:32:55 pm »
I hate to get this train rolling (after the Toad\'s thread) but my curiosity gets the best of me.  

Turnout?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

ChiefBennyhaha

• dancing guy
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 02:55:08 pm »
Langauge of the Gods, ooohh tasty.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:23:21 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;195878
Looks like nothing but monsters on paper. Any changes to Language of the Gods since last time played (11/16/2007)?

If I remember correctly, the idea of Cobb sitting in on TGSoT had been floating around for a while now. Is that the first ever sit-in on Scheme?

Language was in severe lack of the backing harmonies, but given all the old fans right in front of the stage it *somewhat* filled in. Still, I missed ronnies harmony round on the verse/chorus. :(

Jim Cobb=my hero. Nasty, nasty guitar work man. Almost all the runs were harmonized and not just major 3rds, they were constantly changing the runs harmonies, it sounded like a cross between a queen guitar solo and a metallica song. The times when they didn\'t harmonize were at octave or chorused for the sole effect of being HEAVY. Worth the download for this one song alone! :drool:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »

taboo or not taboo was supposed to be the encore, not mooboo\'s.  overexposure was my personal highlight.  thanks to the band for playing it, it was magical.  jim cobb did a nice job on scheme.  show was solid, i wouldn\'t say epic.  and nice seeing everyone in nyc!!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 10:51:49 pm »
Quote from: estahwhaddup;195906
show was solid, i wouldn\'t say epic.

yep....It was a good listen but didn\'t live up to how good it looks on paper.

OE is nasty, but there has been many much better executed sets in 2008.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:54:19 pm by Klout »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 11:15:23 pm »
taboo or not taboo was supposed to be the encore, not mooboo\'s.  

yeah, i saw that written on paper, but adrian told me mooboo\'s. whatever.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 11:25:16 pm »
taboo or not taboo was supposed to be the encore, not mooboo\'s.  overexposure was my personal highlight.  thanks to the band for playing it, it was magical.  jim cobb did a nice job on scheme.  show was solid, i wouldn\'t say epic.  and nice seeing everyone in nyc!!

Esther it was awesome seeing you!!! Had no expectations whatsoever as I thought (and apparently so did tim given his hair line haha) that you were already in California, so you walking in would be like Al z or Leith just randomly coming to a show out here completely unannounced. Hopefully we\'ll see you again before you head out at the end of summer!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 01:26:39 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;195913
Esther it was awesome seeing you!!! Had no expectations whatsoever as I thought (and apparently so did tim given his hair line haha) that you were already in California, so you walking in would be like Al z or Leith just randomly coming to a show out here completely unannounced.

Pretty sure she was on the rollcall, bicicleta intenso. :duck:

Esther, are you moving to LA or Fullerton or..?  So that means you are the newest member of the west coast Breakfast tour contingent!  Lets hope they get back out here in the coming months!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex