Author Topic: Congradulations to Spain  (Read 1863 times)

tyzack

• http://
Congradulations to Spain
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:03:21 am »
But I was cheering for Germany.

They appeared to have forgotten they were supposed to play soccer yesterday.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »
Complete domination by Spain. Easily could have been 3-0. At least the team Italy lost to won the tournament.
Smell my mule.

tyzack

Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:31:25 pm »
I think the best game of tornament was Russia vs. Netherlands last weekend.

I enjoyed Spain vs. S****en in the group stage, but found the Spain vs. Italy game extremely, well, boring.

I went to a bar in the North End to watch the game. The crowd there split 80/20 germany. Oh well.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:53:24 pm »
Spain/Italy was the worst game of the tourny. The referee was awful and kept giving Italy the calls. Spain should have won in regular time. Unfortunately, Italy had lots of injuries/suspensions due to cards so they didn\'t stand a chance. Turkey/Croatia gets my vote for game of the tournament.

All in all it was a very entertaining tournament, especially with all the late goals. They flashed a stat yesterday saying there were 19 goals scored after the 85 minute mark (including extra time). That\'s unheard of. I doubt the World Cup breaks that stat and they have 32 teams compared to Euro\'s 16.
Smell my mule.

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:53:41 pm »
my friends and i drank some spanish wine last night with dinner, in honor of the victory.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:17 pm »
Hoooooray for Spain!!!

My pre-tourney pick to win it all was Germany (who I really don\'t like as a team and can\'t stand Michael "Runner-up" Ballack for some reason) while Spain was my hope. Spain owned this tourney. Great shit. I love their style. So creative and fluid, stacked front, solid midfield, thick in the back. Being a Man U fan you\'d think I\'d ride the Ronaldo train with Portugal, but Spain is where it\'s at. Torres and Villa (I know he sat last night but..) never dive like most quick skilled strikers. Torres NEVER bitches and when he fucks up you\'ll see him fret for two seconds tops, most likely not at all. Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta absolutely control opposing defenses in the midfield.

After being raised a football, basketball and baseball player/fan, there is nothing I\'d rather watch these days than European football, both club and international. Every game bears significant importance, managers get sacked constantly, teammates become opponents and opponents become teammates, clubs get relegated to shittier leagues to make room for others\' promotions, goals goals goals goals..!!!!!

My pick for game of Euro 2008-- Turkey vs. Czech Republic. All of Turkey\'s games were incredible, by far the most entertaining team of the tourney.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
Congradulations to Spain
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 05:56:41 pm »
Gotta agree with gordo - Turkey might have gone further has they learned how to score goals: they played the Germans off the pitch and still lost. At least Spain won the final!!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)