Author Topic: [BT] Stone Temple Pilots: 2008-05-26 - Mohegan Sun Arena; Uncasville, CT  (Read 3218 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Code: [Select]
Stone Temple Pilots
2008-05-26
Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT

Taper:  davepeck
  Source:  Audio-Technica 853(h) > SP-SPSB-3 > iRiver H120 (16-bit/44.1k).
Transfer:  iRiver H120 > Sony Sound Forge 8.0 (Waves L2 & fades) > CDWave > FLAC16.
    Note:  Scott\'s mic wasn\'t on for a good portion of Dead And Bloated.

***** DO NOT ENCODE TO AND DISTRIBUTE AS MP3!! *****
**** DO NOT SELL OR PURCHASE THIS RECORDING!!!! ****

-----------------------------------------------
DISC ONE:                               [65:23]
01. intro                               [01:28]
02. Big Empty                           [05:25]
03. Wicked Garden                       [04:43]
04. Big Bang Baby                       [04:06]
05. Silvergun Superman                  [04:50]
06. Vasoline                            [03:35]
07. Lounge Fly                          [06:58]
08. Lady Picture Show                   [04:54]
09. Sour Girl                           [05:39]
10. Creep                               [06:19]
11. Crackerman                          [04:23]
12. Plush                               [06:05]
13. Interstate Love Song                [04:03]
14. Too Cool Queenie                    [02:55]
DISC TWO:                               [31:16]
01. Coma                                [04:40]
02. Down >                              [03:42]
03. All In The Suit That You Wear       [04:19]
04. Sex Type Thing                      [03:30]
05. encore break                        [04:02]
    ENCORE:
06. Dead And Bloated                    [05:15]
07. jam                                 [01:06]
08. Trippin\' On A Hole In A Paper Heart [04:42]

Enjoy!

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59195

Dweasel Weasel

• b\'fam legal counsel
For those of you who were at the show last night - was that the worst opening "band\' you\'ve ever heard in your entire life?  I couldn\'t sit and listen to it.  It was such a horrible cacaphony.

STP rocked, of course, but who else thought the sound quality was rough?  They switched Scott\'s vocal mic 3 times and you still couldn\'t hear him properly.....
Just looking for peace.  Seriously.

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: Dweasel Weasel;191075
For those of you who were at the show last night - was that the worst opening "band\' you\'ve ever heard in your entire life?  I couldn\'t sit and listen to it.  It was such a horrible cacaphony.

STP rocked, of course, but who else thought the sound quality was rough?  They switched Scott\'s vocal mic 3 times and you still couldn\'t hear him properly.....

yes, worst opening band ever. we didn\'t even go in to see them at the oakdale, but went in last night so we could see where our seats were. we didn\'t even last 5 minutes. just awful. still trying to figure out why there were two drummers when both of them were just playing the exact same thing. in case one falls asleep?

definitely some sound issues last night, but i thought there was a good portion of the show where i thought it sounded really damn good. it started out rough, and then got a lot better. there was one point where scott\'s mic started randomly popping or something, and they switched it out. then for some reason before d&b he had a wired mic and left the wireless on the stand. i don\'t think anyone knew that, cause the tech ran out and tried to give him the wireless off the stand, and scott showed him the wired mic, which then ended up being completely off for the whole first half of the song.

that said, i thought last night sounded much better than the oakdale, which surprises me.

it was great to see them, and i\'m glad i went. but the whole canned setlist thing is really a downer. last night was actually the same show as the night before minus 2 songs. i mean, at least mess with the order a little bit...

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
who opened?

davepeck

• Administrator
heh. funny thing. i "saw" the band 2 nights in a row and have no idea who they are.

Dweasel Weasel

• b\'fam legal counsel
Their name wasn\'t even mentioned.  it was a keyboard guy (who looked ALOT like Matt O.) and two drummers.  The dude had seven keyboards and an electric bass held in place by a stand.  He fretted the bass with his left hand while he pushed buttons with his right and screamed through a head set mic.   I\'d like to think I am very tolerant when it comes to music,  but I felt as if STP wanted to get the crowd angry before their set.  It was that bad.
Just looking for peace.  Seriously.

tomahawk2406

Come One Man
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 08:03:42 am »
The lead singers name is Jay Wasco and he plays in Jay\'s Museum. He\'s created so many wacked out instruments and I honestly thought his music was great. But of course im assuming you guys have no interest in any mike patton projects over the last 20 years because Jay Wasco is very simillar in creating music that no one has ever heard of before. I love mike patton (hence the user name "tomahawk"), therefor im a huge Jay Wasco fan. Go to jaysmuseum.com and listen to some of his stuff. A cornucopia of pain, lockjaw, lead, are all good songs. The site is a little hard to navigate but whatever. But of course STP was fawckin sick and im glad I saw them before i died. :D

mvallo

dave - good job on the stealth recording!!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
[BT] Stone Temple Pilots: 2008-05-26 - Mohegan Sun Arena; Uncasville, CT
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:17:39 pm »
good to see weiland keepin his nose clean..
http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/l
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
[BT] Stone Temple Pilots: 2008-05-26 - Mohegan Sun Arena; Uncasville, CT
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:00:57 pm »
Quote from: tomahawk2406;191192
The lead singers name is Jay Wasco and he plays in Jay\'s Museum. He\'s created so many wacked out instruments and I honestly thought his music was great. But of course im assuming you guys have no interest in any mike patton projects over the last 20 years because Jay Wasco is very simillar in creating music that no one has ever heard of before. I love mike patton (hence the user name "tomahawk"), therefor im a huge Jay Wasco fan. Go to jaysmuseum.com and listen to some of his stuff. A cornucopia of pain, lockjaw, lead, are all good songs. The site is a little hard to navigate but whatever. But of course STP was fawckin sick and im glad I saw them before i died. :D

Alright, I watched a couple of this guys videos. The instruments he makes are pretty wacky and they sound cool.  That "Heart of Gold" is pretty cool.  He\'s obviously a talented guy.

Right choice to open for STP on this tour.  Absolutely freakin\' NOT.  On some side stage at a festi... probably a better venue for his talents.