Author Topic: The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 8434 times)

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
The Field; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2008, 03:52:47 pm »
Quote from: Kaliguitar;193340
Quote from: lilblondie;193319
there are a couple places within walking distance that would cool to go...ash creek would prolly be the best bet...they have their own brew from magic hat....called ash something i forget but it was in play mag this week with a little write up about the black rock area...

Can I ask why the Breakfast fans only show up when the band is playing??  If there\'s no cover and the place is basically taking money out of their own pocket to pay the band then why wouldn\'t you want to support the place so they\'ll hire them back again?  Also, it always amazes me that people will spend their money at other places in New Haven and then just show up at Toad\'s for the show.  The way these places stay open is mostly from the bar profit so why not help out places that support the band.
  Plus....why does it seem that B fans don\'t support other bands.  Wouldn\'t it be the cool thing to show up and support all the bands on a bill?  It\'s not like you\'re "cheating" on the them by checking out some other music.  I\'ve always wondered that.

1) toad\'s has a shitty beer selection
2) toad\'s has an expensive beer selection
3) toad\'s doesn\'t serve food and we\'d like to eat before spending too much money on shitty beers so we don\'t puke
4) we\'d like to talk to our friends before a show instead of yelling over an opening band
5) some people like to pre-game in different ways if you catch my drift

to be honest though, most of the time i can\'t get down there until showtime anyways, so the point is moot.  i check out opening bands when i can

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 04:06:24 pm »
Can I ask why the Breakfast fans only show up when the band is playing?? If there\'s no cover and the place is basically taking money out of their own pocket to pay the band then why wouldn\'t you want to support the place so they\'ll hire them back again?

I understand your point, but drinking in Fairfield is expensive.  If I have a place to chill at before the show where I can get the same social satisfaction with a group of my friends for a smaller price tag, that will most likely be the choice.  As far as other bars in fairfield though, The Field is probably just as good if not better than the rest of them.  I generally will not spend much time in FFLD bars.

Also, it always amazes me that people will spend their money at other places in New Haven and then just show up at Toad\'s for the show. The way these places stay open is mostly from the bar profit so why not help out places that support the band.

I\'m sorry, but Toad\'s is awful.  I want to spend as little time possible there.  In New Haven there are *SO MANY* more places i would rather spend my time than that shitty club.  Maybe i\'m alone here, but I only spend so much time in New Haven these days and I would much rather spend my time elsewhere.  Maybe if they had some good pre show drink specials or gave me a reason to spend more time there it would be a different story.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;193336
i don\'t think your friend would be down to host the type of post-game activities that would most likely be happening

I think t(he)y would be down to drink some beers after the show.  I don\'t know where you were going with that one Zuke.  I guess you and me have different ideas of what late-night is all about.

i just mean that if i were choosing someone to host a breakfast pre/post game, i wouldn\'t pick somebody who has HUGE issues with people having pot anywhere near my property...that\'s just me though

oh yeah and toad\'s is super shitty...i would never be there if it weren\'t for the ~3 hours the breakfast play there every couple months
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »

Can I ask why the Breakfast fans only show up when the band is playing??  

Since the breakfast is playing there, you know you\'re going to be spending 2 - 3 hours there. I like to have a little variety in the bartenders I tip, the people I see and the urinals I overflow.

If there\'s no cover and the place is basically taking money out of their own pocket to pay the band then why wouldn\'t you want to support the place so they\'ll hire them back again?  Also, it always amazes me that people will spend their money at other places in New Haven and then just show up at Toad\'s for the show.  The way these places stay open is mostly from the bar profit so why not help out places that support the band.  

I remember going to breakfast shows when they were opening and leaving before the headliner, because they are the band that I want to see.  At the GTB show last week, there was totally a different crowd in that place for the openers then for the Boys.  Sure, some hung out for the whole night, but there was a whole crew of people that left, then a new crew that showed up.  Toad\'s is almost like a musical restaurant, 3 seatings per night.

Plus....why does it seem that B fans don\'t support other bands.  Wouldn\'t it be the cool thing to show up and support all the bands on a bill?  It\'s not like you\'re "cheating" on the them by checking out some other music.  I\'ve always wondered that.

My local band plate is full brah.  Between the Breakfast, all the assorted side projects (including Kaitlin), I often find that I don\'t have the money to see the national acts when they come to town.

Kaliguitar

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2008, 03:35:10 pm »
Good answers...thanks.  I was just wondering and I can definitely agree with the points made....thanks.

Kaliguitar

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 11:24:08 am »
We played the Field last night (Me, Ron, Jacob and Caitlin)  Great little room.  Not a big space but it got very crowded with their own people.  It was nice to play a place that didn\'t rely totally on the band to bring people.  The Breakfast should definitely score some new fans on Friday.

tyzack

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2008, 04:44:08 pm »
Most likely not going.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:57 pm »
Walked into Ash Creek Saloon (a few doors down from The Field) on Sunday wearing a Breakfast shirt, the host says to me:

"Is that Breakfast, like the psychedelic kind?"

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »
shit i have to figure something out
*Gia*

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 12:51:54 am »
Quote from: bezerker;194118
shit i have to figure something out

make it happen gabo!

i can\'t wait for this show! haven\'t seen the boys since the boat.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 02:51:37 am »
can someone please confirm start time, curfew, number of sets???

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2008, 09:45:39 am »
im actually considering going to this if

1. i dont have to drive (i can if need be)
2. we have 4 total people in the car to split gas
3. i can get back after the show
DS Newbers

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2008, 10:34:14 am »
Woohoo!  It looks like I\'ll make it to this show for second (and/or third) set - I really wanted to be there for the whole thing, but it looks like I\'ll be working at an "olive bar" in Norwalk until around 10-11 pm :D  

:lol: And, if anyone wants some fresh olives, mozz, or artichokes, let me know & I\'ll bring some to the show... though, I don\'t really know if it would be a good match with :beer:! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2008, 11:29:20 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;194162
Woohoo!  It looks like I\'ll make it to this show for second (and/or third) set - I really wanted to be there for the whole thing, but it looks like I\'ll be working at an "olive bar" in Norwalk until around 10-11 pm

if you get there at 10-11, you\'ll probably make it for the one and only set
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2008, 11:40:31 am »
gonna opt to spend a nice evening in boston where i can walk to my evening plans :)