Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-05-16 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY  (Read 8345 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2008-05-16 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:58 am »
I: Space City Affair > Honey Butter > Hard Luck Harry > Honey Butter, The World Needs Us, Gravity > Over Exposure
Postcount +1.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:45:25 am »
how long was the show?
DS Newbers

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:52:22 am »
About 1:20.

The guys were ON FUCKING FIRE.
Postcount +1.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:30:13 am »
That\'s a great setlist...what there is of it.  How does a band play six songs and get their closer chopped off?  I know the Breakfast can come out firing harder than any band, but this isn\'t fair, there\'s no opportunity for real momentum.  This is like going to a fancy restaurant where the food is awesome but the portion is so small that it\'s done in 4 bites.  This is like going to a Red Sox game where in the first inning Beckett strikes out the side and Oritz hits a home run, and then the game gets rained out.  This is like if you bought a Lambourghini, drove it off the lot and smoked everyone for 20 miles, and then it runs out of gas.  This is like you\'re having sex with a super hottie for 30 seconds and it\'s just getting good, but then you throw them off of you, get dressed, and walk out without saying a word.  

Well, I hope everyone had fun and it wasn\'t raining too hard on the Rocks Off Boat Tease. ;)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:58:03 am »
Show ended at 10:50 and there was definitely a clamor for an encore, but unfortunately, that was that.

But fortunately, Gravity was easily an all-time version with Hard Luck and Over Exposure additionally being
top shelf.

Weather wasn\'t too much of a factor, and in fact, the rain and wind made for a nice backdrop for some pre-show
a capella renderings of America the Beautiful and God Bless America while we cruised around the Statue of Liberty.

Tremendous props to Brandon for navigating through some tough traffic on our ride there as we made it with minutes to spare.

My first-ever boat cruise and as much fun as one could hope.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 02:11:56 am »
from what I remember these have always been sticklers about end time, I think it may have something to do with docking times or something, I don\'t know really but they\'ve never been able to extend a show.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:27:23 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

fizzlefest

• Your Mom...
    • http://www.craigwendler.com
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 03:02:53 am »
VERY good show tonight.  Wish it could have been two sets, but The Indobox was a nice opener.  Very Bisco\'ish.  Loved The Who cover by the way...

I was surprised as to how calm the water was .  Nice to finally meet Peaches.  And Galenas, I owe you wasabi peas.  :P

PS - Dave, can\'t wait for the pizza!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:11:14 am by fizzlefest »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:22:53 am »
My kinda setlist, sweet!! Sterling!!!!!!!!!!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:57 am »
Almost didn\'t make it. Left CT at 6 pm because of my procrastination of life.  Totally should have taken the train with Elisa and crew ;)  Literally ran through the parking garage (called dave to make sure the boat was still there), sprinted down five flights of stairs, and across the docks, to be the LAST TWO people let on board @ 8:01.

I have to say, Indobox impressed me.  Elisa and I were grooving the whole time.  I will most definitely check them out again.  (Even though i was kidnapped via my hoodie for like 5 minutes by one of the guitar players....)

I just loved the whole vibe of the boat.  I have never been on anything like it (except maybe a booze cruises in the caribbean...) The energy of the packed dance floor had everyone moving planted this smile on my face.  The rain wasn\'t that bad.  It actually felt good once in awhile to have a cool breeze or get a little wet.  Can\'t believe my first time seeing the statue of liberty was like that!  (Still can\'t believe i never saw it either....what kind of american am i??)  Honestly, for me (and we know i haven\'t seen that many shows),this was the best crowd.  Everyone was into it.  Yes, it could have been longer, but i guess there was another boat show going out after we came in.

Also, loved the crew on the boat, Renee was the best....and if you don\'t know who Renee is you didn\'t get stalked by her all night like me.....

BTW,So great to officially meet you, Juliana!:)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:10:12 am by SkyePrizm »

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 09:42:16 am »
oh i met Renee....

apparently she drinks at a bar right downstairs from where i live.
Postcount +1.

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:56:00 am »
Last night was fantastic, and to think we almost didn\'t make it!  The rain didn\'t bother me at all, and even though the show was kind of short, it really didn\'t matter since every song was great!  That was definitely the best Gravity ever, and I really don\'t care for the song either way but I loved it last night! :biggrin:

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 10:01:20 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;190067
oh i met Renee....

apparently she drinks at a bar right downstairs from where i live.

apparently she was drinking last night ;)

I thought she was cute. I wanted to steal her...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:03:21 am by SkyePrizm »

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 10:50:06 am »
wow.WOW. WOW!!!!! an absolutely amazing show last night!

the band was SMOKIN\' HOT!!!! there was a point in which i was very tired of honey butter, but it was HUGE last night. solid jamming, tight transitions.... awesome...and with a Hard Luck wedged right in the middle?? epic!!!   Gravity > OE had some really dark parts but it was spectacular. i wish the show could have gone longer, but i was more than happy with the 80 minutes we got!!

props to The Indobox as well. they are a band i\'ve heard a lot about but was never able to catch.... but now I can\'t wait to see them again! they are the most electronic sounding non-electronic band i\'ve heard! and what a dance party ! i didn\'t even know the songs and i was groovin like it was my 100th show. the guys in the band are awesome, their fans are great, i hope the breakfast collaborates with these guys again real soon!!

Great energy on the boat last night... awesome times.

my pics are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2194426&l=e7aca&id=9005905

let me know what you think :)

from ulee: "i want to go back on the boat!!! HONEY BUTTER!! that is all"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:55:56 am by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 11:00:51 am »
looks and sounds like everyone had a great time! glad to hear the band played well. was the indo crew diggin bfast?

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 11:34:13 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;190070
i hope the breakfast collaborates with these guys again real soon!!

I agree!  They definitely got the crowd going. I would love to see them open again...