Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-03-28 - The Verve; Terre Haute, IN  (Read 6572 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2008-03-28 - The Verve; Terre Haute, IN
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 11:06:57 pm »
Quote from: MakisupaPJ;184949
Quote from: leith;184937
Quote from: MakisupaPJ;184934
Quote from: Rickey Roux;184903
First night in the Midwest.  The Verve is a old, narrow, long bar in downtown Terre Haute with stage set up in the right rear corner.  The band was using the drums and keyboards from the MacPodz.  Show got started a little late. I got there at 9:30 and the MacPodz weren\'t even there yet.  Short set, only about 55 minutes.  Pretty sedate, but appreciative crowd.  The band was tight, even after their tedious drive from Canton, NY.  Mayfly was the highlight of the night for me, the jam was sick, one of the best versions I\'ve seen in my limited show total.  And from Mayfly on, they brought the funk and set the tone for the MacPodz.  If you love the funk, you gotta check them out when they come out east.  I\'m not a "funk guy", and I was pleasantly surpised.  Nice guys too, hung out with a couple of them at the bar after their set.  The Mousetrap is next.  Peace.

Good review man...Im glad in a bittersweet way that they are out in your neck of the woods....peace, PJ

Quote from: leith;184893
Quote from: FreeSpirit;184889
rickey said there were no >\'s, but mayfly>spunk is calling out for one imo... :shrug:

well Rickey was there and you weren\'t so...........:shrug:

I have never met you Leith....but  one thing has always bothered me about your posts.....(Belive me I am ALL about Freedom of Speach) why do they always seem sooo negative or you criticize isssues on some substantial petty shit. Again, I have never met you....do you write these posts to be sarcastic or are you really that negative that you must express it to evryone on this board? I will never forget a quote from someone..."Stay away from negative people because it spreads like cancerf cells"....

Is your name Robyn?
You perceive things how you wish to perceive them. Some think it sarcastic some think it negative some think it funny but all should think nothing of it. It\'s the internet deal with it.

Obviously you have not read all the posts I write or you would realize that Robyn has a habit of posting inane nonsense and I have a habit of calling her on it. The fact that Robyn and I are friends is where you miss the point. Obviously.

What is this INTERNET thing you speak of ohh great one?....lol.... Its funny because both Robyn and myself are teachers.....and friends....and I think on the same wavelenghth....personally her posts are more positive and uplifting for the band that will help promot them as simply a badass band rather than analyze everysingle note!

Good lord... you\'re ridiculous man.

Clouds are sometimes grey.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:35 pm »
I\'m going the other route and just gonna :sigh: the rest of this "argument".
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:14 pm »
Its funny because both Robyn and myself are teachers...

Scary isn\'t it?
Masturbation in the MFA

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 11:24:27 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;184953
Its funny because both Robyn and myself are teachers...

Scary isn\'t it?

:lol:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 07:12:49 am »
Quote from: leith;184952

:that::duck:

:lol: take what you want from leith, maki, or myself... we\'re ALL posting some "inane" nonsense - hopefully some REAL newbs can join in the conversation... ds#?  where u at?! ;)

...& for the record, I take my job EXTREMELY seriously... I\'d never jeopardize losing it.  Sure, I have fun during MY time - but when I\'m in the classroom, it\'s all business. I really wouldn\'t want the next group of Breakfast fans to be unable to read or write on .info! :out:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:01 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;184968

:lol: take what you want from leith, maki, or myself... we\'re ALL posting some "inane" nonsense - hopefully some REAL newbs can join in the conversation... ds#?  where u at?! ;)

...& for the record, I take my job EXTREMELY seriously... I\'d never jeopardize losing it.  Sure, I have fun during MY time - but when I\'m in the classroom, it\'s all business. I really wouldn\'t want the next group of Breakfast fans to be unable to read or write on .info! :out:

Im sorry for ranting before..Im done now,,.I too take my job very seriously! I tell all my students to go and see a breakfast show :disco:
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:16:35 am »

i\'m over there<^> hitting todd up for a handful of that popcorn. oh...and did alz just call something gay?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 11:02:53 am »

hopefully some REAL newbs can join in the conversation... ds#?  where u at?! ;)

present! (raises hand)
DS Newbers

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 11:12:43 am »
who the hell are the macpodz, and why are the breakfast opening for them. ive never even heard of them and a festival playing, jammy award winning band is opening for them?
break it down, simplify

peaches626

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 01:02:30 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;184979
who the hell are the macpodz, and why are the breakfast opening for them. ive never even heard of them and a festival playing, jammy award winning band is opening for them?

:liar:
taints rule, gypsies drool!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 01:09:07 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;185001

DS Newbers

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 10:25:00 am »
Quote from: ds673488;185002

?
break it down, simplify

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 11:23:51 am »
Quote from: kartoon42;185153

?

peaches was highlighting the fact that the breakfast isnt really a festival playing band, because they cant get on many/any bills, so he put that liar smiley, then i responded with a laugh out loud (aka LOL) smiley.
DS Newbers

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 01:26:17 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;185157
Quote from: kartoon42;185153

?

peaches was highlighting the fact that the breakfast isnt really a festival playing band, because they cant get on many/any bills, so he put that liar smiley, then i responded with a laugh out loud (aka LOL) smiley.

so, I\'m confused about why you were laughing at his post, ds... was it because you think it\'s humorous, or was it because you think the liar smiley is funny, or is it because you agree with the idea that they can\'t get on festivals, or does peaches make you laugh for other reasons? :hscratch: please clear up this issue, k thx.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:59 pm »
Def. had something to do with Peaches\' nipples.
Masturbation in the MFA