Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-03-22 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 8841 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-03-22 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:49:47 am »
I: jam > Rush, Reel Time, Tunage, Space City Affair > Doughboy > Hard Luck Harry

II: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Space City Affair > The Sound > Spunk*, The World Needs Us > May Fly Disarray**

E: Ten Years Gone^

* with bass and drum solos; with \'Down With Disease\' (Phish) tease in bass solo.
** with \'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida\' (Iron Butterfly) and \'Chameleon\' (Herbie Hancock) teases.
 ^ Led Zeppelin cover; first time played; with \'In The Light\' (Led Zeppelin) tease.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:52:05 am »
Hey there Mooboo, wanna\' come over?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

mcajam

• < does work
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:02:27 am »
i hate work
"Well, sometimes nuthin\' can be a real cool hand.."

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:33:40 am »
holy fuckin shit what a great show.

in a gadda da vida tease in there somewhere :?:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:33:40 am by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:12:17 am »
Quote from: mcajam;184120
i hate work

EXACTLY what I was thinking

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:04:16 am »
The heat was brought...

psychjosh

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 11:13:28 am »
good crowd?
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 11:15:40 am »
nice looking setlist. I was thinking either a mooboo\'s or OE would be busted out here. Last time mooboo\'s was gone for a while, it made it\'s comeback at toads
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 11:19:38 am »
last night was the best show i\'ve seen since chris joined the band.

nice tunage and hlh in the first set. doughboy always brings me back..second set was hot! i haven\'t heard mooboo\'s since the last toad\'s show.. it\'s a huge relief to see such an epic tune back in circulation. spunk was definitely a highlight as well as mayfly. i really enjoyed 10 years gone-it\'s one of my favorite led zep songs.

Kaliguitar

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 11:26:53 am »
IMO- Early on it felt great!!  The energy was up from the start and the band just was smoking hot.  Great set list, great sound, great lights....A+ show for me.

A few teases I picked up: "Putting On The Ritz" (an old jazz standard), and at the end of  "10 Years Gone"....Tim teased a line from another Zep tune "In The Light".  "In A Gadda"...cool.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 11:36:21 am »
yeah, i had inna gadda, puttin\' on the ritz, and chameleon teases noted, but lost the setlist and don\'t remember where they were. will have to listen back.

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 12:03:35 pm »
great show, great jams off of the new tunes, old tunes were tight as hell, and the zep cover to close it out was awesome too

this was ny first show with chris and i was blown away.  the guy has serious chops and he sounds like hes been playin with the band for years

Ren

• what?
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 12:52:41 pm »
i dunno dave...i think last night had the slight edge...rush...hlh...mooboo\'s...spunk...dirty jam out of world needs us into mayfly that i heard hints of earlier...10 years\' gone?!?

beatiful rush to start things off can\'t say enough good things about that song.  tunage was veeeery good.  i wish adrain would play the intro to peaches after the false ending to it, ya know just to fuck with us.  doughboy, though not the best i\'ve heard go the job done.  hard luck was def the highlight of the set (sake!) though, good to see such a big smile on steve\'s face when it started, i guess he is as he puts it, a fuckin\' rock.  really strong, with a tight jam through out, hoped it wouldn\'t go into anything else, i also like when it got quiet and we were shhhing people.  sorry you don\'t like jams dave. ;)

mooboo\'s...ahhhhh.  don\'t think there was anyone there who wasn\'t glad to hear it again.  have they played it with chris?  definitely did the job for me, i really love that song, truly stellar, powerful version.  space city...i would considered it a jam that just morphed into spunk, but whatever.  spunk was a fuckin monster, huh?  holy shit, love the fuckin\' exploration and ridiculous jamming, i like how chris can just take control and be like, "ok follow me and try to keep up," never saw that happen with this band before, but man, the results are fuckin\' great, the interplay between them all at times and between different members through out the song is insane, if that doesn\'t make sense, i mean like, chris and tim palying to eachother, but chris\'s face reacting to what adrian\'s doing and then tim somehow playing to matt and vice/versa at the same time.  yes i know that is the point of  a band, but it\'s still fun to watch.

the world needs us is definitely sounding stronger and more confident everytime i hear it, the jam section really leaves a lot of room for some really excellent stuff.  i really liked when it started getting really fucky and then the mayfly dropped.  i wanted to hear it in jersey but, i don\'t think it would\'ve had the same effect.  really strong way to end the set, excellent playing as usual.

10 years gone?  what can i say?  i\'ve loved that song since i was like 11, yeah i know it\'s not the most wild, crazy choice for an encore but it was a great way to end things.  i don\'t think anyone was upset to hear that, though i\'m sure there was someone out there grumbling about it.  really done well, chris put a lot of feeling into the vocals too.  i don\'t think i\'ve ever heard anyone cover that one before.  glad they played it.  i always forget how much i like it till i hear it, nice for tim to throw in a bit of in the light\'s solo, too.

great show.  great time.  good to see everyone.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:56:39 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 01:19:11 pm »
despite the usual lack of crowd at toads, you couldnt tell by the way they played. Mooboos put a great feeling over me and some ser bass nastiness during spunk. shit got off the hook second set and hangin/enjoying the show with Steevie with smiles on our face made it that much more special. Oh yea, and a Gaboooo bust out..good to see ya man.
I heard Freddie was so blown away by the first 2 songs that he left around 10 o\'clock..thats how good it was.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 01:31:46 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;184136
despite the usual lack of crowd at toads,
:?: does this mean it was a small crowd or large crowd? 10 years must have been special for steve. :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke