Author Topic: what happened to the san francisco show?  (Read 2121 times)

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
what happened to the san francisco show?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 12:29:38 pm »
Well, in all fairness, from the situation I heard from the guys about St Louis...I wouldn\'t have stayed either.  I really want to do some West Coast Breakfast at one point.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:32:19 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;183886
i guess dave said it wasnt worth it with the schedule around this time on the west coast.   i have a friend in SF who was gonna attend this show too.  ill tell him to go to the crystal bay show the next night.

Yeah it\'s not that ez. Crystal Bay is quite a jaunt from S.F. for one show. Hopefully he likes them as much as we do.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;183897
Quote from: leith;183895
Quote from: davepeck;183893
Quote from: ds673488;183886
i guess dave said it wasnt worth it with the schedule around this time on the west coast.

wow. i definitely never said such a thing, but rumor is santa cruz for this night. hope it\'s true and crescendo gets their fucking act together.

Moe\'s Alley please!!!!!!!

Looks like Moe\'s is booked already.  The Catalyst is too big.  Hmmm

Bummer.

Quote from: oldnewbie;183903
you know.....two things i think i\'m done with

a: thinking about travelling any distance to see the breakfast. too much uncertainty. anyone remember st louis?

b: trying to convince my friends around the country to go see the breakfast. too much uncertainty.  san fran is a perfect case in point.

oh....i\'ll still be at toads and BAR on wednesdays when i can. i\'ll still drive a bit when the spirit moves me...but it\'s getting to be a bit like recommending someone for a job and they cain\'t show up on time.

a. Don\'t think about it then and just do it.  Life is full of uncertainty and it\'s not the band\'s fault dates are screwy. The L.A. and S.D. dates were messed up but not enough to really cause a problem and it was figured out in plenty of time.

b. your friends sound like they need a swift kick.... A few listens of the music should be enough for them to be more interested but I totally understand the situation as I have gotten past the same thing and now don\'t care if people are annoyed I push The Breakfast so much.

Quote from: WALSH;183924
Well, in all fairness, from the situation I heard from the guys about St Louis...I wouldn\'t have stayed either.  I really want to do some West Coast Breakfast at one point.

West Coast Breakfast is awe inspiring shit!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:32:19 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 01:18:06 pm »
"West Coast Breakfast is awe inspiring shit!"
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 03:07:12 pm »
I really want to do some West Coast Breakfast at one point.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the next tour will be a comprehensive tour of the whole coast, hitting all the stops from Canada to Mexico.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »

when the dead had to cancel a show in europe and literally got chased out of town (leith...verify this for me) they came back to town and played for free for everyone in the town as a payback. i went to a show at new haven coliseum that was cancelled due to garcia being sick. the makeup show was phenominal.  they didn\'t stay but.....THEY HAVN"T BEEN BACK!!!!    you\'re kinda tall and theres usually a lot of noise up there so i wasn\'t sure if you could hear me  ;).  there were people there who planned, drove, got a sitter, pissed off their wife.......i personally thought of visiting family and using that show as a catalyst. i also know that mark seriously considered a trip. oh yeah ....and me too on the west coast breakfast thing.....big time.....thought about planning a trip....glad i didn\'t. btw....leith...thought the comment about my friend was out of line. not malicious i understand but it\'s me that has the issue, not them. they just have kids and jobs and lives (oh yeah and one of those licenses you can get out there  ;)  )

leith

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 07:47:02 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;183954

when the dead had to cancel a show in europe and literally got chased out of town (leith...verify this for me) they came back to town and played for free for everyone in the town as a payback. i went to a show at new haven coliseum that was cancelled due to garcia being sick. the makeup show was phenominal.  they didn\'t stay but.....THEY HAVN"T BEEN BACK!!!!    you\'re kinda tall and theres usually a lot of noise up there so i wasn\'t sure if you could hear me  ;).  there were people there who planned, drove, got a sitter, pissed off their wife.......i personally thought of visiting family and using that show as a catalyst. i also know that mark seriously considered a trip. oh yeah ....and me too on the west coast breakfast thing.....big time.....thought about planning a trip....glad i didn\'t. btw....leith...thought the comment about my friend was out of line. not malicious i understand but it\'s me that has the issue, not them. they just have kids and jobs and lives (oh yeah and one of those licenses you can get out there  ;)  )

Yeah that was in Lille France 1972.
As for your friends sorry if you thought it was out of line but if it were moe. they would have no problem gettin\' a sitter right? How hard is it to cancel a sitter if a show falls through?
This band still needs the dedication from us that we have given for the past 10 years. Actually now more than ever before. To read you giving up even recommending them over something as petty as show scheduling boggles my mind.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:49:50 pm by leith »

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »
oh...i\'m not.....just annoyed/crabby. never lasts that long.

leith

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »
Cool :)

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 12:14:51 am »
Quote from: Buquebus;183936
"West Coast Breakfast is awe inspiring shit!"

The West Coast itself is awe-inspiring. I just spent 11 days in the Bay Area, 3 days in Big Sur. Did a difficult 10-mile hike up in the Ventana Wilderness and I\'m pretty sure I had a religious experience.

To have all that, PLUS the Breakfast? I can\'t even imagine. I think my head might explode.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 09:28:16 am »
big sur is awesome, one of my favorite places on earth
DS Newbers

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »
Santa Cruz show just added:

Friday, April 11th
The Crepe Place
Santa Cruz, CA

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 07:08:56 pm »
i wont believe it till i get confirmation from dave :wink:
DS Newbers

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:43 pm »
Please come to St. Louis.. I need my Breakfast fix.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:03 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;184034
Santa Cruz show just added:

Friday, April 11th
The Crepe Place
Santa Cruz, CA

Awesome! This place is right across from the Rio Theater and has the best damn crepes EVER! Not fancy shmansy dessert crepes but huge dinner crepes.
The guys will be playing in the back on a little stage that I was told while there last time was a great place to check out music when it got warmer.
This is a very small place but the show should be huge!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 07:17:10 pm »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;184036
Please come to St. Louis.. I need my Breakfast fix.

Did you end up moving out there?