Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-03-08 - Mezzanotte Lounge; Syracuse, NY  (Read 9357 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Setlist: 2008-03-08 - Mezzanotte Lounge; Syracuse, NY
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 06:35:03 pm »
Eppy 1, MayFly->Vortex 3(Chauncey\'s Journey)*->TLATG^->Rufus->TLATG->Rufus->Reba%

*with switchup
^instrumental
%incomplete

what a friggin set.

:lol:

that pretty much sums it up!

oh and when was that drum solo when adrian played the shit out of the curtain rod and it fell on the light? MFD?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 06:35:03 pm by Klout »

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 06:44:41 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus;182876
Quote from: jocelyn;182875
Isn\'t "Not Fade Away" a Buddy Holly song?

pretty sure it is..
The Late And The Great^^ > Rufus > The Late And The Great > Rufus > Reba hahahahahahhahaha!!!:inky:   that is a tasty lookin sammy right there folks! can\'t wait to hear that shit.. looks like there\'s still chance for overexposure, just may take some time....  and a living daylights encore?!!?! that\'s what I\'m talking about, boyeeeee

nice to hear the kangfirmation.
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 07:17:34 pm »
That 2nd Set look absolutely incredible!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 07:32:00 pm »
Quote from: Klout;182910

:lol: great pic, klout!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 07:35:13 pm »
Reba was a short jam on the part right before "The Chill" where Trey plays that lick, then the 2nd time page plays it and Trey is like a second behind "following him." Then right when they would start said "Chill" was the ending of the set. Pretty ser.

I agree with what everyone has said so far. Show was out of control. Highlight for me was probably the May Fly and all the new songs sounded great too, especially Synergy. TLAGT Jam > Rufus > TLAGT > Rufus > Reba Jam was beyond redonk.

No problem driving justin.... myself and the Explorer is used to the snow! Good to see everyone and party it up in the cuse for the millionth time in my life :)

Oh and the setlist said Synergy > Sylvia > Puppetry to close the first set. I guess they had to cut that a little short too, which is cool considering the bomb of second set that was dropped on the cuse.

The encore was a little weird (That\'s right motherfuckers) but those 2 sets were so insane we all knew they didn\'t need to do an encore, plus they ended the second set at like 1:57 I think it was, which was about to turn to 3 AM. So I understand about them getting the boot.

Post show party was epic (thanks Jason)..... and if anyone wants to take me on in Marble Madness for Nintendo I welcome the challenge. Not to toot my own horn but I pretty much own that game! That\'s what happens when you played it everyday for like 5 years or whatever.... that shit gets burned in yer brain.....

I can hardly wait to hear this show! Thank god it didn\'t go untaped. I might\'ve cried. Must hear material. Peace

Eldwayno

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:18 pm »
Needless to say, I probably should\'ve headed over to Jason\'s with ya\'ll but my mind was running all kinds of wild on me... driving home was an adventure all in it\'s own respect... I live about 20 minutes northwest of the cuse, and drove into a good 3 feet of snow at home

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 08:14:25 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;182874
^^^ told not to encore, cops are outside. Then told it\'s ok by someone else, started song and promptly got kicked off stage. unfinished. [/FONT]

Thanks to FrankZappa & Lexington for the setlist. [/I]

that\'s pretty funny.

looks like everyone had an amazing time, as per usual. this band is on fire!

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:10 pm »
this mayfly is a serious contender for best ever. i think itwas even grimier than the one from utica. jason, you da man.
the segue into rufus was really great. matt started playing late&great contrary to the written setlist. the band followed along with an instrumental version of the verses until matt unexpectedly started playing the rufus melody. adrain and tim were cracking up as the band eased into the rufus intro. the reba was incident hppened when matt started playing that melody that trey and page play, as fiery bill stated. matt was playing the melody, then tim started playing and soon everyone was playing the parts, but eclectically and not as in the traditional version, and then they played it as usual. fucking tight. pretty wild shit, it was cool to see matt totally take the reins and have the band follow him around.
chris did the same thing in mayfly. he started strumming bass chords andd created this jam revolving around the ser bassiness (kinda hard to explain).
good crowd, probably like 75ish heads in there

lex
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 05:49:22 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;182920
Quote from: Klout;182910

:lol: great pic, klout!

thanks, but my name isn\'t klout... ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

tyzack

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 08:48:24 am »
[MAD]
Quote from: FieryBill;182921

The encore was a little weird (That\'s right motherfuckers) but those 2 sets were so insane we all knew they didn\'t need to do an encore, plus they ended the second set at like 1:57 I think it was, which was about to turn to 3 AM. So I understand about them getting the boot.

Quote from: galenas;182924
Quote from: davepeck;182874
^^^ told not to encore, cops are outside. Then told it\'s ok by someone else, started song and promptly got kicked off stage. unfinished. [/FONT]

Thanks to FrankZappa & Lexington for the setlist. [/I]
!
[/MAD]

Piggos.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 09:02:22 am »
hey fierybill-marble madness is one of the hardest games ever...  something to be proud of br0seph
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 09:05:24 am »
Quote from: sallyalli;182932
good crowd, probably like 75ish heads in there

That was pretty good considering how windy/snowy it was outside. Also, all the Lemoyne and Syracuse students started their Spring Break on Friday so that also had something to do with it.
Smell my mule.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:29:08 am »
as we head out to the funeral, let me just say, that latg>rufus serness brought a tear to my eye...

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:16 am »
is that chris bowing (sort of) to matt?

i really wanted to go to this show, but i had gotten to oswego with my brother around 8, and the conditions there were literally the worst ive ever seen in my entire life.  just getting to the show would have taken over an hour, and it was a blizzard like none other up there (pretty much baldwinsville exit on 481 and north of there).  im really pissed i missed it though.  glad it was a good time.
DS Newbers

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 10:43:35 am »
All things considered, I didn\'t think it was that bad of a drive. It just sucked fighting the wind. But you go the speeds you need to for the condition, give plenty of room around other cars, take the off bends/off ramps at 30 or less and you\'re fine. :shrug:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke