Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-02-29 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 6945 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2008-02-29 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 09:05:13 pm »
Rush and its jam were amazing.

Really struck me as a weird Breakfast show though..

,.. not really a fan of "The Sound" but most of this new material is great
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 09:13:11 pm »
i think the highlight for me was gravity during frst set, chris tore that shit up, he is nasty. he got the slap bass goin on for sure
break it down, simplify

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 09:31:03 am »
i\'m not blind, right? this show hasnt been uploaded anywhere yet, correct? cause i\'m ftp\'ing wheel house and will start on rev hall (to get them torrented), but wanna make sure i\'m not missing this one...

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 10:00:04 am »
I asked devo as we were leaving if it was taped, and he said "no"...  d00d does so much anyway it\'s pretty fuckin amazing...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

tyzack

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 02:40:22 pm »
I saw mikes on one of the posts, so i figured someone was taping....
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 03:02:39 pm »
Extraordinarily wacky show with plenty of on-stage hijinks.

Highlights included a great Gravity jam, a highly atypical Escher\'s 2, and Chris\'s first Hard Luck.

There are many, many Talking Heads\' songs that I\'d rather hear than And She Was, but the crowd was definitely receptive and the segue was outstanding.

Time of the Season was a little rough for me to process, especially its placement.

Buquebus was well on its way before the lights went on. Tough to start that one at 1:48.

Oh yeah, in case you hadn\'t noticed, Rush is fucking awesome and I certainly don\'t mean the band.

In other news, Matt ventured into the crowd (I think during The Sound) with a mannequin that sort of looks like a green anorexic version of himself.

And perhaps the highlight of the entire night was the mannequin\'s pre-show, backstage defiling as it was repeatedly beaten and occasionally dry humped by members of the band and its clan. Can\'t wait for those videos to surface.

Thanks to Dave for being behind the wheel and braving the elements on a treacherous ride home.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:23:28 pm by ChrisPitch »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 03:08:05 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;182080

And perhaps the highlight of the entire night was the mannequin\'s pre-show, backstage defiling as it was repeatedly beaten and occasionally dry humped. Can\'t wait for those videos to surface.

Oh, great. Now Breakfast members and fans have to worry about being killed in their sleep by a deranged mannequin thirsty for revenge. Way to go, guys.
Masturbation in the MFA

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:17 pm »
so this wasnt taped? is that a definite?
DS Newbers

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 05:33:22 pm »
It would be extremely disappointing if it wasn\'t taped and we do not get the pleasure of listening to that Hard Luck again...it is amazing that they had barely even ran through that song before and pulled out a version like that

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:12 pm »
Hard Luck seemed pretty standard to me...

this show was all about Rush
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 09:57:07 pm »
I just realized that this was by all calculations my 99th show, so whatever I go to next is my 100th.

And it only took me 10 years to do it! rotfl

oh, dave peck taped but he did the whole run so he probably has not had a chance to touch this yet. Unless it\'s already up, then never mind. I didn\'t look.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

peaches626

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 11:42:21 pm »
bd, i didnt even see you the whole night, how\'d i miss you??  I personally thought hardluck was possibly the best thing i\'ve ever heard any band play. ever.first set gravity was very very good and rush was as well.  I really enjoyed both the covers, and it didnt bother me in the least that they had to cut buquebus short, it left everyone wanting more, which is a good thing!! the energy in that place was exploding through the roof when the band stopped

immediate top 5 show i\'ve seen
taints rule, gypsies drool!

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:48 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;182111
I just realized that this was by all calculations my 99th show, so whatever I go to next is my 100th.

And it only took me 10 years to do it! rotfl

oh, dave peck taped but he did the whole run so he probably has not had a chance to touch this yet. Unless it\'s already up, then never mind. I didn\'t look.

My 99th show will be @ Toad\'s - see you there!!!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 08:43:23 am »
Quote from: tyzack;182043
I\'d say that Hard Luck Harry was the musical highlight of the night, and I will second the good size dance crowd that was going.

Also, I thought it was interesting that they (the venue) turned on the "house lights" during bequebous as a "please leave now singal"

great show in the snow.

it was great.... Tim looked around wondering what to play and Chris goes Buquebus!!! Tim shakes his head and looks at his watch as Chris starts playing. Make\'m kick you out boys, thats exactly what i needed for my 2+ hour ride home
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 10:25:23 am »
Oh yeah, in case you hadn\'t noticed, Rush is fucking awesome and I certainly don\'t mean the band.
:sigh:

And perhaps the highlight of the entire night was the mannequin\'s pre-show, backstage defiling as it was repeatedly beaten and occasionally dry humped by members of the band and its clan. Can\'t wait for those videos to surface.

Thanks to Dave for being behind the wheel and braving the elements on a treacherous ride home.

definite props to dave for the ride there and back! :thumbsup:

Quote from: jocelyn;182081
Oh, great. Now Breakfast members and fans have to worry about being killed in their sleep by a deranged mannequin thirsty for revenge. Way to go, guys.
If the mannequin was going to go after anyone it would Adrian and Dave "The karate kid" Peck. Sweep the leg dave, sweep the leg.

Ah high-a fe-ive-a! rotfl
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke