Author Topic: Sound, The  (Read 7220 times)

ulee

• Psygned in
Sound, The
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 10:01:16 am »
I was just groovin on it last night too

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Sound, The
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 10:57:11 am »
hey ulee, come to a show already!!!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Sound, The
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 03:10:15 pm »
:that:

Absolutely love this song. The studio on the demo is MINT!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Sound, The
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 03:29:13 pm »
Quote from: Mark;194520
:that:

Absolutely love this song. The studio on the demo is MINT!

wait, they have this studio recorded already?
DS Newbers

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Sound, The
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 04:25:18 pm »
Its A Demo... They Played It During One Of Their Radio Interviews... Theres A Thread Somewhere On .info About It
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sound, The
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 04:29:39 pm »
I love this song. It just makes me feel good. The jam has the potential to go to some great places. Slick, sinewy, popping. When was the last time it was played? Does Jordo know this one? I just can\'t sit still!

Deffly dig the studio version. They need to do a new one with da Branch on the boards.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sound, The
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »
Yea this song definitely rules. I\'m not saying it should be a staple, but it should def be off the shelf.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Sound, The
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 06:46:33 pm »
haha I was thinking about this song last week while contemplating the newer songs and ones that were new and then got dropped due to personnel change. If Reel Time can make a comeback and Synergy can be played as often as it is. Why not The Sound?
This song begs to have Jordan on keys. It is so Deadlike anyway may as well throw the hippie on it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sound, The
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 07:19:00 pm »
i dont feel like diggin in the archives, i could have sworn its been played since jordan returned... or my sense of time is just completely distorted.  either way... its a great tune and i love to see it more often than it has been in the rotation as of late.
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sound, The
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
I am super glad to hear Reel Time again. But yeah, The Sound is almost a companion piece to that.

I have a feeling we will be hearing it again. Perhaps I\'ll pester the band.. I mean, why not ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Sound, The
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »
Love this song and miss it lots.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Sound, The
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 05:10:16 pm »
as far as songs that haven\'t been played in a long time go, this is low on the list of songs i\'d like to see return.  i\'d much rather a love lake or a future peek.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sound, The
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »
^^
Yes to both of those, big time. Splashhhhh!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sound, The
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »
Love Lake would be awesome but doesn\'t have the ser jam possibilities of the Sound. At least the guys haven\'t really tried to open that one up. Future Peek needs to come out and play fer shur!

It would be epic if the whole catalog was open for business. I undertand shelving certain tunes but for the most part they should all be possibilities. Still, I never know what they\'re going to do so you never know. They keep us guessing and I keep on listening!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Sound, The
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:51 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;266927
as far as songs that haven\'t been played in a long time go, this is low on the list of songs i\'d like to see return.  i\'d much rather a love lake or a future peek.
:thumbsup: