Author Topic: PB to become "The Breakfast"??  (Read 17652 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
PB to become "The Breakfast"??
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2003, 03:51:04 pm »
Wow.... What a fucking thread!!!!

My asinine opinions

1.Psychedelic Breakfast-- bad name to begin with but when they came up with it I highly doubt the boys thought they would reach the career status of touring musician.

2. The Breakfast is an awful name, I think most of us are in agreement with it, the last thing we need is another food related "jamband"

3. This may make me a hypocrite concerning my above statement but why don\'t they just change it to PB.  It\'s simple and people know them as PB as it is.  

4.  I think no matter what we should all support the band with whatever decision they make and work really hard to spread the word to the e-world and real word, that The Breakfast is Psychedelic Breakfast.  If promotions work hard enough to publicize the change of name I doubt there will be any trouble.

5. Fuck the name all together, the music speaks for itself.

6. Even though we are all fans, our income does not matter concerning THIS band, so our say should be very minute because we all know regardless of the name change that our asses will still be at the shows.

7.  If PB has to change anything I think it should be their repotoire.

8.  I\'m still stumped as to why PB didn\'t the moe. slot when you have the Disco Biscuits playing the venues they do.......  If the RAVE Act cracks down on Pb then it BETTER destroy Bisco...

9.  I love you all:)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 04:00:22 pm by Overexjoesure »
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2003, 06:19:26 pm »
Jocelyn I think you may have taken what I was saying out of context

sorry \'bout that... just call me michael moore.

heh
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2003, 06:34:20 pm »
I have experienced a lot of skepticism over the years when I tell people that the band I\'m going to see or work for is called Psychedelic Breakfast.  However, 95% of the people who look at me skeptically about it are stoogy older folks who don\'t listen to any rock music and never will.  I think that most anyone who could potentially be a fan of the band or work with the band really couldn\'t care less, so long as the product is good.  The String Cheese Incident, Disco Biscuits, and Psychedleic Furs are all doing just fine with equally ridiculous names.  If PB is having trouble getting shows, it\'s probably not the name that\'s stopping them.  I\'m all for any name if it helps the band move up in the world, but I don\'t think changing the name is going to be any big help, no matter what they change it to.  I really have a hard time imagining the scenario where they suddenly start getting bigger gigs that they couldn\'t get before just becuase the name is different.

rustyD

• http://
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2003, 09:56:38 am »
"If PB is having trouble getting shows, it\'s probably not the name that\'s stopping them."

That\'s what I agree with,right there.  I hope they don\'t do it, because I think it is risky.  I like the name, and plentyof people do.  How many bands out there got criticized for their name?  Almost all.  It\'s just people being DICKS and trying to bring you down with negativity.  

At this point, they are too established as the Psycho B to make a change.  Screw the non-believers.. you just gotta keep it real.  

The reason for a lack of growth right now is the \'jamband market\'.. there\'s not enough fans to go around and support all these great musicians.  God knows we try, but we are such a niche group.  

Which leads me to my next point.. When are people going to get off phish\'s tip and start supporting some smaller up and coming acts that are on FIRE and in need of fans?  Discuss...

As far as PB possibly reaching out to other groups of people... I dunno man.  These guys JAM really really hard, and the music is so freaking intense.  It takes a special person...  Although I do feel that they can (and do) write poppy more palitable tunes.  Maybe that is the way to go.  But normal people are freaked out by this music.  We are not normal.  We like being freaked out.   "What would you say" does not freak people out.

aJwvof

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2003, 02:02:11 pm »
I think that is a fair point that more people need to get out to more PB shows and other non-huge awesome bands!! myself included

Lerherbles

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2003, 11:02:21 am »
If they do change thier name, I\'m not changing the 200+ discs I have that I wrote Psychedelic Breakfast on.

Jtmirie

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2003, 04:58:58 pm »
Changing a bands name after 5 years is a huge decision. It all depends what your looking for. I love the name of the band. To be honest thats how I found you. I typed in Psychedelic on Kazaa two years ago and there was Psychedelic Breakfast. Im sure there are numerous reasons to change it or not change it,but if you do make sure you\'re happy with your decision before you push forward. You definitely dont want to change it twice. Like Leith said you\'ll always be Psychedelic breakfast  to us. Peace

ChrisF

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2003, 09:21:19 pm »
Originally posted by Jtmirie
I typed in Psychedelic on Kazaa two years ago and there was Psychedelic Breakfast.

Thats a good point. If the name of the band is \'the breakfast\' it will be very difficult for people who want to find out more about the band to look them up on google because billions of unrelated things will come up in the search if they type in \'the breakfast.\'

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2003, 11:20:25 pm »
a friend of mine came up with a great suggestion, i think:

psyche break

Jtmirie

I dont like it!!
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2003, 06:12:32 pm »
But thats just me! Peace