Author Topic: 2008 recordings????  (Read 7140 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
2008 recordings????
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 11:09:11 pm »
C\'mon man, you know there\'s a hell of a difference between talking to your friend and belligerently/incessantly screaming every 5 seconds.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
2008 recordings????
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:43 pm »
just breakin balls

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
2008 recordings????
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:52 am »
"I don\'t know. What do you do when a neighbor is making, like, a lot of noise at three o\' clock in the morning? I mean, can you knock on someone\'s door and tell them to keep it down? You\'re really altering your whole self-image, I mean, what am I? Fred Mertz now? What\'s happening to me? Can I do this? Am I a shusher? I used to be a shushee.
There\'s a lot of shushing going on in movie theaters. People are always shushing. Shh..shh.... shhh... shhh.. Doesn\'t work, \'cause nobody knows where a shush is coming from. They just hear a Shh. "Was that a shush? I think somebody just shushed me." Some people you can\'t shush in a movie theater. There\'s always that certain group of people, isn\'t it. They\'re talking and talking, and everyone around them is shushing them, and shushing them. They won\'t shush. They\'re the unshushables."
-Jerry Seinfeld

I feel for ya Leith. I know hearing excessive crowd noise is annoying and I\'m sure that it especially sucks when you you live far away and your only chance to hear the band is usually by listening to the tapes of the shows. but people are gonna be rowdy at breakfast shows cause shit gets intense, and no one wants to be a shusher. Anyways you already know this and I\'m just beating a dead horse at this point. I really just wanted to post that seinfeld quote.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

tyzack

• http://
2008 recordings????
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 07:51:25 am »
Quote from: Klout;177283
So basically all talking and verbal/auditory support for the band should be reserved for the beginning and end of the set and, on a limited basis, between songs as well?

What is this the opera?

Lighten up people.

I agree. I haven\'t listened to the tapes, so maybe I am the one who\'s yelling. I typically yell things like "Sweet" "Sick" or "Nasty" after, or during the peak of what I think to be good jams. I always have at every live show of whatever band I\'ve been to and probably always will.

It\'s how I get into the show.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

davepeck

• Administrator
2008 recordings????
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39:29 am »
i don\'t know how anyone can listen to this show and say that the whistling isn\'t WAY beyond over the top. by the end of the first song it\'s like, "enough is enough"..

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
2008 recordings????
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 10:19:39 am »
If anyone needs to be schooled about this just listen to Led Zeppelin live shows.

Plant on many occasions lays it out for the crowd. Basically if your screaming and hooting and hollering you can\'t hear whats going on on stage, and thats what folks in the audience came to hear. And this is in the 70\'s, nothing has changed and people have simply gotten more rude and obnoxious.

People do not have any respect for other people these days. It is all about them and no one is going to tell them any different. Is it really all that hard to have a collective mentality of we want everyone to enjoy the show and I do not need to stand out or become an attention whore ?

Being in the moment and climaxing with the bands jams etc is great, noise and shows of emotion are also great, sing alongs (when appropriate) are awesome, It is just the obnoxious folks that tapers or concert goers in general cant stand.

And usually this stuff is totally avoidable which makes it worse.

My biggest pet peeve at shows: People who want to talk with their friends every fucking second of a show, they talk over the band, usually they are not even facing the stage, they just keep going and going and going and going. I have no problem if you want to talk but why not take that shit to the back of the room ? why not do yourself and everyone around you a favor by being just a tad bit polite and move yourself where you can have a conversation at normal levels without screaming over the music and disrupting everyone who is trying to listen to the music.

Partying and having a blast = cool
Being an obnoxious asshole = not cool

rant over....
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
2008 recordings????
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 02:05:29 pm »
The thing is, the guy doing the whistling and yelling is oblivious to the music. "It\'s all about me, whoo hoo!!, look how drunk I am, yeah!! I\'m so into the music all I want to hear is myself whistling and screaming non stop, right in Timmy\'s face, god I\'m sooo coooool! Yeah go Timmy!!"

I will be bringing a fly swatter to Daniel St. You have been warned!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
2008 recordings????
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 03:19:59 pm »
1 question, 1 comment...

1. who is/are the people doing this in the recording?

2. when my band used to play in buffalo, some of our fans would actually grab a microphone in the middle of a song and begin yelling/singing/babbling over the PA system
DS Newbers

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
2008 recordings????
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:08 pm »
1. Some post on this board, others are strangers to me. Either way this shit needs to stop.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
2008 recordings????
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 03:28:21 pm »
tim should have a roll of duct tape on stage...when he sees/hears someone doing these types of things, he can call them onstage and duct tape their mouth shut, then send them back into the audience.
DS Newbers

ChrisF

2008 recordings????
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 06:28:55 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;177361

2. when my band used to play in buffalo, some of our fans would actually grab a microphone in the middle of a song and begin yelling/singing/babbling over the PA system

one time when i was taping a show for a band that joe sleeper was playing in and some guy wanted to scream into my microphones because he thought it was hooked up to the pa. he tried to take one of the mics off the mic clip and couldnt figure out how to do it because he was so drunk.

i asked him nicely at least 2 times to stop but that just made him want to do it more. he was screaming and yelling and still trying to get the mic off the clip, so i punched him. it turned out he was in the marines or something. he was huuuuge. :lol:

im not sure how i got out of that situation without getting hurt. it got kinda ugly.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
2008 recordings????
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 06:47:46 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;177423
Quote from: ds673488;177361

one time when i was taping a show for a band that joe sleeper was playing in and some guy wanted to scream into my microphones because he thought it was hooked up to the pa. he tried to take one of the mics off the mic clip and couldnt figure out how to do it because he was so drunk.

i asked him nicely at least 2 times to stop but that just made him want to do it more. he was screaming and yelling and still trying to get the mic off the clip, so i punched him. it turned out he was in the marines or something. he was huuuuge. :lol:

im not sure how i got out of that situation without getting hurt. it got kinda ugly.

Damn fitzy you crazy punchin big marines and shit. Sounds like the dude def. deserved it.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ChrisF

2008 recordings????
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 06:56:48 pm »
no one told me he was a marine until after i hit him. i think he was going to afghanistan the next day, so he got what he deserved.