Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-01-11 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 17146 times)

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
Setlist: 2008-01-11 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 12:31:20 pm »
great show...way beyond my expectations for Chris\' first show.  The practice has really paid off, and this transition seems like it will be an almost seamless one.  

Ronny will obviously be sorely missed, but he left his spot in good hands it seems.  

Rufus was sweeeeet, GREAT energy in that place during it.  

Also, I loved the new song. Spoke with matt after the show and he told me the song is about his take on global warming. Matt is going to bring great songwriting talents to this band.  Keep em comin Matt!!

It was great seeing everybody...until next time...

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 12:37:54 pm »
princess, you made my day with that writeup.  im so glad to hear it was a kickass show.  did chris sing at all, and if so, how was it?

oh, and was someone recording?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:37:54 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 12:39:58 pm »
I have such mixed feelings about this show.  Yes it was great, Chris is obviously very talented and I was really impressed how well he knew the songs already but I still miss Ron. :(  I think I\'m going to need a longer adjustment period than the rest of you guys!

However, I did have a great time and this:

What So Never the Dance^ > Sex Machine^^, Taboo Or Not Taboot

was amazing.  Can\'t wait for Daniel Street! :D

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 12:42:24 pm »
and one last thing...todd, any pics of the new lineup?
DS Newbers

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »
Quote from: Nermel9;176252
but I still miss Ron. :(  I think I\'m going to need a longer adjustment period than the rest of you guys!

I wasn\'t there, but i think i can safely say that it\'s hard for everybody to have an original member/friend/great bass player leave and this was the first show with a new person/replacement.

seems as though the posts that have been written and those that will come are supporting the band in the next era, and not dismissing ronnie that easily.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 12:47:47 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;176250
princess, you made my day with that writeup.  im so glad to hear it was a kickass show.  did chris sing at all, and if so, how was it?

oh, and was someone recording?

Yes, Chris sang backup on many songs.  Very well might I add.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 12:58:33 pm »
it was very tough to hear matt sing during his new song, almost like he wasn\'t singing into the mics at all.  I\'m gonna have to hear it a couple more times before I can comment on it.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 02:34:05 pm »
Fun show last night.  Very interesting and positive crowd energy.  Adrain was a beast.  you could tell everyone was waiting to see how it would go, but by the second set the feeling of anxiety/questioning were replaced with the feeling of awe and energy that are breakfast trademarks.  My thought the whole night was, if this is the first show with Chris, I can\'t even imagine whats gonna be going down 6 months/1 year from now.  
Scheme was great, I was really glad to hear that one.  Rufus was a blast.  "i loved the jam at the end of rufus [...?] when tim and matt were just gabbin\' to each other through their instruments."  Yea, that was hilarious/awesome at the same time.  There was also some cool interplay between adrian, matt, and chris a number of times while Timmy was shreddin\'.  It looked like they were really enjoying themselves.  The James Brown in the encore was sick too.  
It was great seein\' infoers again, Elisa it was great to meet you.  The B\'fam sure knows how to bring out the positivity I tell ya.  

Got a few dvds at the show too.  Who makes these?  Well whoever you are, THANKYOU!

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 02:42:12 pm »
Chris is the real deal. He was literally hitting every note of the composed sections of Tribal, Inner Glimpse, Scheme, BB, etc. perfectly. They must\'ve practiced like freakin\' crazy with this dude. He also has great improv skills and already seemed to have a great connection with the other 3 guys in the first show. I wasn\'t expecting an "amazing" show last night given the circumstances and they really blew me away.

The energy in that place was outstanding. There were some points where they had these absolutely ridiculous grooves going and I looked around and everybody had that "holy shit, I can\'t believe they\'re playing this right now" look on their face, you know the look. Pretty cool to see 2 encores, 1 year after another 2 encore show, 1/12/07 in Philly, and both ended with Tricky Ways. Kudos to Chris for rocking hardcore and showing no fear up there!! And by the way, I could hear Chris very well last night....he was up LOUD, and it was very, very nice. Only complaint were the loudness of him and Matt\'s vocals, they could\'ve been up a little higher I thought. Overall though, a SER show fer sure. The Breakfast\'s future is so bright, they all gotta wear shades...

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 02:46:35 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;176222
How pathetic!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:04 pm »
This is awesome!  Sorry I couldn\'t be there.  Not hanging my head though....if this is show #1 of the Chris era, just wait till show #20...75...250...things are just getting better and better just like they were at the end of \'07!  It\'s a great time to be a Breakfast fan, that\'s all I know.

Oh BTW whoever asked about Sex Machine they used to play it frequently in the early days if a show were really partying, and since then it\'s stuck around as a 2-5 plays-per-year bustout cover.  Definitely a sure sign of a good show if they played Sex Machine.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;176237
i could\'ve went, but i figured i\'d give them 1 show to get the kinks out.  see y\'all at daniel st.
Bad move, don\'t believe I observed anything that even closely resembled a kink!

Can you say TASTY? Because that is what this show was all about. I had high expectations going in given what I had been hearing.  Those expectations were blown away to smithereens! Second set was so good it was ridiculous!  Thank you Breakfast for keeping it going! Thank you Chris and welcome to the BFam!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:23:14 pm by Mark »
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:27 pm »
Never thought i would say after Ron left that these guys are gona have to win me back, but after one show, its safe to say they are winning and i am glad to be losing. Welcome Chris, I enjoyed the sound of the bass and that thick heavy tone. He and Adrian were locked in together last night and it was something to see/hear. Great show. new song sounded good too.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 03:20:44 pm »
BTW it was Sex Machine > TONT

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 03:26:56 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;176256
it was very tough to hear matt sing during his new song, almost like he wasn\'t singing into the mics at all.

He pulled a Jordan eh?
Masturbation in the MFA