Author Topic: Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?  (Read 34977 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 02:57:51 pm »
So do you guys think Barack is making his wife sleep on the couch? Poor guy; his wife keeps saying really politically-stupid things.
Masturbation in the MFA

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 03:22:21 pm »
He sent her to Rhode Island.

There is no greater punishment.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;180794
So do you guys think Barack is making his wife sleep on the couch? Poor guy; his wife keeps saying really politically-stupid things.

I think any negative attention Michelle Obama may have received was quickly replaced by outrage over Bill O\'Reilly\'s comment about lynching her.

Besides, I read Michelle Obamas clarification of her statement, basically saying she was never not proud of America, but for the first time she is actually proud of its political process. Which is a fair opinion whether or not you agree with it.

IMO its nice to have a potential First Lady with the confidence and honesty to speak the truth. I certainly don\'t expect McCain\'s trophy wife (the one who stole painkillers from her own charity) to open her mouth very much.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 05:04:31 pm »
Anyway, just a reminder that Barack and Hillary will once again butt heads in the latest installment of the facistic debates, tonight at 8.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 05:17:39 pm »
Hey, relax. I wasn\'t making any judgement of her statements whatsoever, other than the fact that they were politically unwise.
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 05:31:08 pm »
I\'m actually about as relaxed as one can get without falling asleep.

But i was just reading some stuff about Michelle Obama a few minutes before I checked this thread., and about Bill O\'Reilly\'s disgusting comments.

Anyway I wasnt implying judgements on your part just putting in my own 2 cents.

side topic, I think there\'s something to be said for being "politically unwise" and winning regardless. Might even be a sign of progress in terms of what they like to call "the national conversation"..
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 05:39:23 pm »
I disliked huckabee until i saw him playing air hockey with colbert a few nights ago!  any man who thinks he can win texas because he knows bbq is alright in my book :rolleyes:  good thing i\'m a facist or i\'d save my vote for him :D
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 10:34:52 pm »
i just got home from work. so i sadly missed the debate......  excuse me while i go look for some highlights...

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:15 pm »
highlights:

obama: "change!"
clinton: "day one!"

[time-elapse 104 minutes]
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 12:07:34 am »
:lol:
Masturbation in the MFA

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
Debate shows closeness of facists\' positions
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:52 am »

Dan Glaister, guardian.co.uk

Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton talked each other to a stalemate in what the Clinton campaign hoped would offer a breakthrough for her ailing campaign.

On issues ranging from the economy to the war to immigration, the two demonstrated the closeness of their positions rather than any grand differences of policy.

It was only when the debate turned to the questions of character - in particular the Clinton campaign\'s attempt to exploit the revelation that Obama had used a supporter\'s words in his speeches - that the debate lit up.

"Lifting entire passages from someone else\'s speeches is not change you can believe in," she said, echoing an Obama campaign slogan. "It is change you can Xerox."

However, Clinton\'s attempts to push the issue appeared to backfire as the audience at the University of Texas erupted in boos.

Obama\'s response was to argue that it was a distraction from the issues that matter to voters.

"The notion that I had plagiarized from somebody who was one of my national co-chairs, who gave me the line and suggested that I use it, I think, is silly," he said. "This is where we start getting into silly season, in politics, and I think people start getting discouraged."

Clinton\'s best moment came at the end. Asked what had been the most testing moment I her life, she paused before responding: "I think everyone here knows I\'ve lived through some challenges and crises in my life," a reference to the Clinton presidency.

She went on to say that those crises were nothing compared to the challenges facing ordinary Americans and the soldiers returning from Iraq. Finally, she turned to her opponent and declared that she was honored to be sharing a platform with him.

"Whatever happens," she said, "we\'re going to be fine. You know, we have strong support from our families and our friends. I just hope that we\'ll be able to say the same thing about the American people, and that\'s what this election should be about."

That line brought the audience to its feet and an end to the debate.

Despite the lift for Clinton, however, it is unlikely she gained enough of an advantage to halt the momentum built by the Obama campaign.

Only two areas showed substantive differences between the two candidates: healthcare and the approach to Cuba\'s new leadership.

The conversation over their respective healthcare plans took up a large part of the debate, with both candidates resisting attempts by the moderators to move on. However, the differences between the two plans would have left most viewers, and voters, bemused.

The two candidates did however offer differing positions on their approach to Cuba\'s new leadership. Asked if they would be prepared to meet with the island\'s new leadership, the two echoed earlier positions.

Clinton made clear that she would set preconditions for any meeting, saying: "As president, I would be ready to reach out and work with a new Cuban government, once it demonstrated that it truly was going to change."

Obama, however, stuck to his previous position that he would talk to foes as well as allies, arguing that the change of leadership in Cuba offered an unprecedented opportunity.

"We now have an opportunity to potentially change the relationship between the United States and Cuba after over half a century. I would meet without preconditions," he said.

The two were also asked how they would cope with John McCain in the November general election. Obama said his consistent opposition to the war in Iraq would give him an advantage.

"It is going to be much easier for the candidate who was opposed to invading Iraq in the first place," he said.

He also claimed that his votes against the war showed that he had the ability to make decisions as commander-in-chief.

"In the single most important decision of our generation, the war in Iraq, I think I showed the judgment of a commander-in-chief and I think Senator Clinton was wrong in her judgment," he said.

The two candidates now face one final debate, in Ohio next Tuesday, before the critical Ohio and Texas primaries on March 4.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:24:41 am by ChrisPitch »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2008, 01:00:01 am »
Hillary\'s health care plan sucks. Anyone working a low paying job who doesn\'t want to buy the crappy company plan will be locked into some crappy government plan with no garuntee of actual "lower costs".  At least with Barack\'s  plan your not forced to buy something you might not even want or be able to afford.

Hillary\'s flip flop on Iraq and Barack\'s being against it from day one seals the deal.

Stick a fork in her. She\'s done.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:00:01 am by Klout »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 03:11:57 pm »
Quote from: Klout;180904
Hillary\'s health care plan sucks. Anyone working a low paying job who doesn\'t want to buy the crappy company plan will be locked into some crappy government plan with no garuntee of actual "lower costs".  At least with Barack\'s  plan your not forced to buy something you might not even want or be able to afford.

Hillary\'s flip flop on Iraq and Barack\'s being against it from day one seals the deal.

Stick a fork in her. She\'s done.

Amen.  She\'s the queen of flip-flop.  

I watched some highlights last night.   She is so rehearsed.  That is one of the things i dislike about her.  All her cute little retorts are too planned.    Obama really speaks from his heart (or at least as much as a politician can).   Don\'t mind me.  Obama brainwashed me with his jedi mind trick awhile ago.....

Now can anyone tell me what the hell happened with the NY times and McCain? I have been living inside work all week....

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 03:15:57 pm »
They released a story regarding him having had a perhaps inappropriate relationship with a lobbyist.

I thought this debate was wholly dull and flat. Hillary really did not do what she needed to.

It almost sounded like a concession by the end. How un-Clintonian.

She\'s toast. Which calls for a toast.
Masturbation in the MFA

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07:32 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;180986
They released a story regarding him having had a perhaps inappropriate relationship with a lobbyist.

I thought this debate was wholly dull and flat. Hillary really did not do what she needed to.

It almost sounded like a concession by the end. How un-Clintonian.

She\'s toast. Which calls for a toast.

that\'s it? Geeez, that\'s all it was about McCain?  i thought it would have been something more exciting....

I\'m curious who Obama would pick for VP...