Author Topic: Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?  (Read 34972 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Is there an offical pointless election banter thread anywhere?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 02:41:28 pm »
Why? I think it is ridiculous that we can only have one thread about politics/government. There is a fucking election going on. This is a thread related to just that. There are a million and one things one could talk about in politics that are completely unrelated. It doesn\'t make sense to lump them all together into one thread.
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 05:53:56 pm »
While CA politics can be downright ridiculous at times, I\'m damn glad the primary isn\'t in my face at every turn.  I really don\'t know a single candidate that I\'m remotely interested in right now.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:54:55 pm »
It\'s really not that in your face here. There aren\'t even very many roadsigns. Heh.

Most people I know were totally unaware of all of the stops that these candidates made, even the ones right in Nashua.
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »
I\'m still pulling for John Edwards...  I\'m all about his anti-lobbyist anti-corporate-excess raise-up-the-little-guy stance.

Obama is acceptable to me, as its looking like he\'s gonna be the Big Prez.

The facist debate the other night was so pathetic, the boldest idea they presented all night was Guiliani\'s idea to have "health care savings accounts". Or maybe Romney\'s suggestion for tort lawsuit reform. LO-fuckin-L. Bold moves on that side of the isle!

I liked Fred Thompson\'s comment about how "universal health care is never going to happen in this country". If there was ever a sssssorrrry CHIP! moment in a debate that had to be it...

Mitt Romney\'s expression every time Huckabee spoke was priceless "How in Morman hell is this idiot beating me?!??!??!!"

Good stuff for kicks.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 07:52:25 pm »
Ron Paul 4 Life!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;175767
I\'m still pulling for John Edwards...  I\'m all about his anti-lobbyist anti-corporate-excess raise-up-the-little-guy stance.

His whole campaign declaring war on the rich is just foolishness.  If he just made his beliefs known, and they happened to contrast with the rich and privileged, fine.  But he is a rich, privileged guy who has made a fortune as a career lawyer, hedge fund investor etc.   It is comparable to Tim Palmieri showing up on a stage and saying, "guitar players are rotten and we need to stop them from playing live music so frequently".  If he toned down the rhetoric and found a better way to state his positions, he may actually be relevant.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 07:57:50 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;175773

His whole campaign declaring war on the rich is just foolishness.  If he just made his beliefs known, and they happened to contrast with the rich and privileged, fine.  But he is a rich, privileged guy who has made a fortune as a career lawyer, hedge fund investor etc.   It is comparable to Tim Palmieri showing up on a stage and saying, "guitar players are rotten and we need to stop them from playing live music so frequently".  If he toned down the rhetoric and found a better way to state his positions, he may actually be relevant.

Word, Al Z, good point
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 08:03:15 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;175773

To wage war on corporate lobbyists that keep our nation in a state of ass-backwardsness is not the same as waging war on the rich.

But, granted, I am far from rich and could really care less if a war was waged on them.

We have yet to see how relevant John Edward\'s campaign will be. He is certainly influencing the tone of Obama\'s increasingly populist rhetoric. If Edwards does not win the nomination he has an excellent shot at Vice Prez. In which case, 8 years from now, he will be as relevant as it gets.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 08:08:51 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;175776

But, granted, I am far from rich and could really care less if a war was waged on them.

That is an absurd statement. Yes, let\'s wage a war on the rich, some of whom busted their ass for their entire lives to get what they now have and rightfully deserve. Are you a communist or something?
Masturbation in the MFA

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;175777

That is an absurd statement. Yes, let\'s wage a war on the rich, some of whom busted their ass for their entire lives to get what they now have and rightfully deserve. Are you a communist or something?

maybe we should eat the rich ....

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 01:59:18 am »
ha... ha... booooo.
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 07:12:27 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;175777

The entire premise of Edwards waging war on the rich was not mine and I never agreed with it in the first place. The Libertarians now group all rich people together? Where\'s the nuance?

Of course big corporate interests with powerful lobbies have been waging war on American environment, Constitution, pocketbooks, common sense, and diversity of thought for some time now. These are the groups that need to have their power put in check. The Monsantos.. the Rupert Murdochs.. anyone lobbying for "free trade".. Appalachian coal mining companies... etc etc etc. Not your granddaddy who busted ass selling produce in the great depression.

Most politician ignore poverty and even the difficulty for many full-time workers, even couples, to put food on the table. A country is only as good as its worst-off.

No I am not a communist. But I have not given up on the power of government to do good for the vast majority of the people either.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 02:28:16 pm »
I never grouped anyone together. YOU were the one who said you had no problem with a war being raged on the rich.

I wasn\'t referring to corporations or lobbyists, only that one statement you made.

So anyhow I want to talk about Hillary. Sooooo after totally inappropriately ripping Obama she completely unraveled, got teary, and sounded like a total idiot. I think she may have really blown it. Which of course makes me feel quite jubilant BUT I hope she still is in it for a while because who can I make fun of if she is gone? I mean the woman is comedic gold. How can I make jokes with Obama? That\'s no fun at all, there\'s nothing to make fun of. *sigh* Come on Hillary, hang in a little longer.

http://www.youtube.com/v/XDkWdJ7OXtY&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/XDkWdJ7OXtY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Who is she kidding with this "some people think it\'s a game, about who\'s up and who\'s down" crap? This woman plays that game more viciously and with more command than anyone. She\'s an expert of the game, and everyone knows it.

And oh the piiiizzzaaaa, it\'s just so hard to stay away from the pizza! It makes me so tired! HA HA HA
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 02:28:16 pm by jocelyn »
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 05:22:31 pm »
I am relieved to see that Hillary Clinton is probably not going to be the next president.

After 8 years of damage caused by Bush this country needs somebody fully committed to a progressive agenda.

Really I just want my electric car and I want it now...

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 06:31:58 pm »
Well I am pleased announce that the polling place here in Amherst was packed, and I have heard the same from people who have voted in Manchester, Nashua, and Hollis. I have never seen such a turnout, and there were tons of young people as well. Way to go New Hampshire.
Masturbation in the MFA