Author Topic: Donegal Saloon; Kearny, NJ  (Read 9420 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Donegal Saloon; Kearny, NJ
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 07:55:33 am »
I live 20 minutes away and if this doesn\'t slow down soon, I\'m going to have to concede to the fact that I probably won\'t make it to the show either.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 08:58:51 am »
enjoy the show and drive safe, folks! i\'m heading up to maine for the weekend, and skipping out on these next two. see you sunday!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2008, 09:05:54 am »
Quote from: Yoda;180910
I live 20 minutes away and if this doesn\'t slow down soon, I\'m going to have to concede to the fact that I probably won\'t make it to the show either.

<< shocked
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

klaashole

• I miss Jerry
    • http://
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 09:35:02 am »
Based on the snow this morning I am most likely out.  I still have some friends going to Iberia, but I doubt I will make it.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:19 am »
Freddie - I was planning on going and don\'t think that I don\'t want to go, but it\'s not good down here and I\'m not taking any chances with a 7-week old at home.  If it lets up and the roads are clear, I\'ll head over there, that\'s all there is to it.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:00 am »
Quote from: Yoda;180921
Freddie - I was planning on going and don\'t think that I don\'t want to go, but it\'s not good down here and I\'m not taking any chances with a 7-week old at home.  If it lets up and the roads are clear, I\'ll head over there, that\'s all there is to it.

ryan,your a hoo haa who will look for any excuse to not show your face.
i dont blame you.
you got a kid.congrads.great.you=not the only one.
u post on here and supposedly are a fanof the band,however,theyre basically in your backyard and your not showin.
whatever man.
u=the gay,imo
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 10:22:57 am »
bailing tonight may be understandable depending on whether the roads clear up ---> but then everyone should try extra hard to get out to nyc tomorrow night!!

(btw... why the fuck am i at work right now instead of skiing? motherfuckers...)

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 10:28:04 am »
plenty of time for this storm to stop and major roads to clear.  its all mojor roads to the venue. easy shit.  i hope and pray this doesnt get cancelled.  but with my luck it will. just like the River Street show in dec.  when the roads were fine.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 10:34:21 am »
Quote from: wiredchicken;180932
plenty of time for this storm to stop and major roads to clear.  its all mojor roads to the venue. easy shit.  i hope and pray this doesnt get cancelled.  but with my luck it will. just like the River Street show in dec.  when the roads were fine.

i have news for you, colin - the roads were certainly NOT fine that day. all highways in CT were completely jammed, and there were countless people on the news saying that it took them 5 hours to go 45 miles. the band had no way of making it to that show.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 10:45:58 am »
Quote from: davepeck;180935
Quote from: wiredchicken;180932

i have news for you, colin - the roads were certainly NOT fine that day. all highways in CT were completely jammed, and there were countless people on the news saying that it took them 5 hours to go 45 miles. the band had no way of making it to that show.

:wave:

6 and half hours where it normally would have taken me 20mins tops. i surprised we even had work today. mad accident this morning but then again i live in RI where people are just given licenses.....
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

wiredchicken

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:40 am »
sorry pec.  figured 60miles away was the same. in ny, nj, and pa all the roads i encountered on the way to the poconos were fine.  but on the news today, all the major highways look clear already this is a vbery light snow.  not packing snow. i have 5inches on the ground down here already and its not that bad out. already been to the supermarket today.

and i was just pissed about that poconos show being cancelled cause i was alre4ady up there for it.  :)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 11:03:06 am »
im going to XC ski to the show from albany
DS Newbers

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 11:12:48 am »
They way some of you whine, you would think you were driving a bus in Brooklyn today.:lol:
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:41 am »
hey, don\'t look at me. i\'m driving 5 hours to maine later on.

wiredchicken

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 11:21:58 am »
drive to maine today?  that will take longer than 5 hours, no?  seems like the snow would be worse up above beantown and shit.