Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-12-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY  (Read 15205 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-12-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:13 pm »
I: Space City Affair > jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Beef Barley* > Psygn** > Space City Affair > jam > Rust^ > Doughboy, Band On The Run > Rufus

II: Drum Solo, Space City Affair > jam > Auld Lang Syne > Gravity, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2), jam^^, Fresh Cut > jam > Episode 3 (Awakening)

III: Space City Affair > Keyboard Solo > The Chase, Lit# > jam > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me**## > Hardcore Jollies > The Grand Scheme Of Things%

E: Bass Solo > Pea%% > jam > Over Exposure

* unfinished.
** with \'Rhapsody In Blue\' (George Gershwin) teases.
 ^ with \'Beef Barley\' teases.
^^ with \'The Twilight Zone\' theme teases.
 # Johnny Upstate on lightar (jamming lights on stage); Matt moshing.
## with \'On Broadway\' (The Drifters) teases.
 % with Drum Solo; with \'For He\'s A Jolly Good Fellow\' teases.
%% Red Hot Chili Peppers cover; first time played.

Rainbow performed God Bless America prior to Set II.

A wheel of songs was spun to determine what was played in Set II.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:57:40 pm »
already looking ridiculous.... wish i were there.... best wishes to you all tonight and through out the new year.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:18:38 am »
Happy New Year Breakfast Nation!!!

I love this band.

Eppy Threeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 01:25:34 am »
Hey this is Wolfman reporting live from the green room with the first ever setbreak review!  Happy New Year everyone!  The show has been great so far.  Eppy III was massive.  We just wished Ron good luck as he heads out for his last set.  Hard to believe it\'s really happening.  2007 was awesome for The Breakfast, let\'s make it just as good in 2008!  See you after the show!

"Lets-go-Ron-ny (clap clap clapclapclap)" chant now going strong as they take the stage for Set III...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:25:34 am by Wolfman »

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 01:48:32 am »
dear the breakfast,

i am wholeheartedly sorry for missing the epicness that is this evening. at first i thought we\'d be okay apart this new years, but i have to admit, i\'ve been thinking about you all night. hope you can forgive me.

much love,
princess
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 06:58:07 am »
I really can\'t wait to hear this show!!!!!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bigmtskier

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 09:03:51 am »
its probablly just so so

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 09:57:02 am »
Excellent Ron finished his tenure with an OE - and a Doughboy too. Good luck with the teaching, Ron!

And as for the rest of you - whata way to usher in the New Year - VERY nice setlist.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 11:03:46 am »
freakin\' A man...I would of drove down to florida to see this epic freakin mof*ckin shit
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 12:40:28 pm »
What a send off for Ronnie. This show picked up right where Toad\'s left off. The second set wheel came through in a huge way! Episode 3 (Awakening) was a monster and def the highlight of the night for me. We will miss you Ronnie. :(

[edit] Tunage was on the setlist to close out the third set but it wasn\'t played, unfortunately. [/edit]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 12:43:42 pm by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 04:43:41 pm »
Quote from: bigmtskier;175030
its probablly just so so

you cant be ser

driving back solo from utica through the cold grey snowy upstate ny, it really sunk in that Ron is no longer going to be on stage with these guys and it is upsetting. great show and a great send off.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 05:18:57 pm »
Quote from: boombox;175033
Excellent Ron finished his tenure with an OE - and a Doughboy too.

with matt on doughboy vocals!!!!!!!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 05:29:37 pm »
many tears shed this evening, it was one of the most amazing Breakfast shows I\'ve ever seeen.  NYE really got hidden amongst the music and serness of the night, this night was not about NYE it was about Ron Spears.  I can\'t even begin to put the emotion and overall rediculousness of this night into words.  

We\'ll miss you Ron.

SAVE SIDE FO\' LIFE!!

Johnny Upstate jamming lights on stage; Matt moshing.

I believe Ellis called it a "lightar"  or something to that effect, very cool.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 05:32:58 pm »
Wow.... what a show. Every song was outstanding. These last two shows were absolutely phenomenal and blew my mind to bits.

So many highlights. I\'ll leave the full review for Ren, since he\'s good at that.... but anyway my highlights were Beef Barley > Psygn, Rufus, Eschers 1 and 2, Lit (nice job Ellis), Gladys > Scheme, and the final Ronnie encore. I can\'t believe they played friggen Pea! "Fuck you asshole, you homophobic redneck dick." Never thought I\'d say that in Utica, NY on New Year\'s Day! OE was a nice ender....

Last Doughboy was 10/28/06 right? Been a while....

Thanks to the band for an amazing year and all of the b-fam for creating such a fun, friendly, positive vibe at all these shows. It\'s a pleasure to be around. And thanks to Ken for the DVDs... those should keep me occupied for a while!

I hear there was a party at the Red Roof Inn last night :) Sorry I couldn\'t stick around, I was completely exhausted and couldn\'t move by the end of the night! I raged my bed hard at the Days Inn at 3 AM, then woke up at 8! After midnight I let it all hang down... haha

What else can I say about Ron that hasn\'t been said before. Ron, you are the man, thank you for 50 amazing bass-thumping nights.  You rock, my friend. Best of luck with everything, and THANKS for everything.

Here\'s to a great 08, see ya at Sully\'s....Cheers

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 06:13:22 pm »
The first set was marked by noticable restraint by the band, clearly not wanting to peak too early. It went on several songs longer than I expected it to though and the rufus was a good version.

The second set was much looser, and the wheel was actually fun and entertaining and added to the experience. As mentioned the whole fact that it was NYE was really lost in the shuffle.

The thrid set they let it all hang out and held nothing back.

Matthew Oestreicher was possessed by the spirit of Jim Morrison on peyote during lit and put on the best show of stage antics ever seen at a breakfast show. I saw him get up and leave his keys and start playing with an amp and I asked someone, what is he doing? Next thing I know he is jumping up and down like a baboon in the middle of stage>breakdancing>rolling around on the stage>gathering all beer bottles and pouring remnants into a pile>crawling off stage into the crowd on his hands and knees>disapearing>reapearing>raging front row klout style>grabbing the mic and letting us all scream into it.....all while ellis was rippin it up on the lightar....r ...u ...lit up rightnow?

Scheme was epic.

whole third set was the absolute fire.

OE was the super throwdown dance party for all those still conscious and on their feet.

Tim seemed be holding back a lot of the show, maybe not wanting to take the spot light too much with it being ronnie\'s last show. save held it down. striker ripped it. But ANIMAL threw it down extremely hard all night. Really dropped my jaw a few times. If you don;t think there is such thing as "an adrian show" your dead wrong.  

The lack of tunage was sad but seeing ronnie go was 1000x sadder.

Overall the night was very bittersweet.  As is life.

All the thanks and love in the world to the band and all the fans.

Best of luck in 2008. Hope to see everyone again very soon.

-klout

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 06:16:30 pm by Klout »