Author Topic: the official I\'m not letting Ron leave....  (Read 3753 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
the official I\'m not letting Ron leave....
« on: December 25, 2007, 11:03:45 am »
until they play D5 thread.

[BANANA]BRING IT![/BANANA]

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:10:23 am »
i\'m sure you\'ll get one at Toad\'s broseph.  I was screaming for that shit on friday, right before timmy talked about LDZ being written in his kitchen years back
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:25:47 am »
D5 and Life\'s Been Good!

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:34:32 am »
that Joe Walsh song was prolly a one-time thing on the island, but it totally makes sense
    <<<<<<< saveside 4 lyf3
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 12:06:33 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus;174390
that Joe Walsh song was prolly a one-time thing on the island, but it totally makes sense
    <<<<<<< saveside 4 lyf3

they played it before in Utica and Philly.

and I wonder if they are gonna put ronnie on the 18+ side at Toad\'s.  that should make shit interesting to see who really is saveside for life.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 12:06:33 pm by Igziabeher »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:35:05 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;174391
...and I wonder if they are gonna put ronnie on the 18+ side at Toad\'s.  that should make shit interesting to see who really is saveside for life.

Toad\'s splits the floor up based on age? I\'ve never seen a concert broken up like that before.
Smell my mule.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:02:05 am »
yeah 18 plus on the roomy side, 21 plus on the packed, beer drenched side, sometimes you gotta bounce back and forth to get the desired atmosphere.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 12:32:42 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;174414
Quote from: Igziabeher;174391
...and I wonder if they are gonna put ronnie on the 18+ side at Toad\'s.  that should make shit interesting to see who really is saveside for life.

Toad\'s splits the floor up based on age? I\'ve never seen a concert broken up like that before.

There\'s a 10-foot high chain link fence right down the middle of the floor.  It wasn\'t there when the Breakfast started playing Toad\'s but it\'s been there 4 or 5 years now.  It\'s probably the #1 reason why Toad\'s shows as a whole have never been on the elite tier of Breakfast shows.  There have been some elite shows at Toad\'s and this Saturday should be one of them.  However, when you take the full package of shows, the average Toad\'s show is below, say, the average Stone Church or Porter\'s show as well as other similar venues.  But Toad\'s is their hometown venue, their most prestigious venue, and their venue with the best lights.  And yet the average show there is below these other places.  Why?  The fence is a huge, huge factor.  Picture the Middle East show last week.  Now picture it with a fence down the middle and everyone 21+ jammed way too tight into one side and tumble**** blowing across the floor on the 18+ side.  Same crowd vibe?  No way.

Anyways, I just looked up and realized that this isn\'t the Toad\'s thread, so to get back on topic, I would like to hear Karn Evil 9 before Ron hangs it up.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 12:43:20 pm »
That may be the dumbest idea I\'ve ever heard for a bar. Whatever happened to using bracelets and hand stamps?
Smell my mule.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 12:54:50 pm »
the band should just all set up on the 21+ side of the venue, so in essence, it will be like one smaller room, rather than 2 split up rooms.

either that, or (since we will have a massive crowd), we should just knock the fence down.
DS Newbers

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 01:22:43 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;174440
That may be the dumbest idea I\'ve ever heard for a bar. Whatever happened to using bracelets and hand stamps?

Toad\'s Place is useless against underagers.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 01:39:11 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;174439
There\'s a 10-foot high chain link fence right down the middle of the floor.  It wasn\'t there when the Breakfast started playing Toad\'s but it\'s been there 4 or 5 years now. .

They got rid of the 10ft. chain link fence a few years ago.  Now they have Berlin style wall dividing the sides.  Complete w/ guard turrets and motion sensors.  It\'s much lower, but way too wide.  If they got rid of it, they could probably fit another hundred or so people in the place.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 01:40:43 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;174460
Quote from: Wolfman;174439
There\'s a 10-foot high chain link fence right down the middle of the floor.  It wasn\'t there when the Breakfast started playing Toad\'s but it\'s been there 4 or 5 years now. .

They got rid of the 10ft. chain link fence a few years ago.  Now they have Berlin style wall dividing the sides.  Complete w/ guard turrets and motion sensors.  It\'s much lower, but way too wide.  If they got rid of it, they could probably fit another hundred or so people in the place.

now i picture this place looking like Alcatraz
DS Newbers

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 03:30:51 pm »
the fence was horrendous, thank god they got rid of that thing...but yeah, this isnt what this thread is about so...ummm....

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;174415
yeah 18 plus on the roomy side, 21 plus on the packed, beer drenched side, sometimes you gotta bounce back and forth to get the desired atmosphere.

do they let you go back and forth once youve gotten into the 21+ side?

sorry for getting this thread off topic, but i cant get over the fact that they actually have a division in the middle of a music venue.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:36:15 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers