Author Topic: Today is the day to celebrate John Lennon  (Read 449 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Today is the day to celebrate John Lennon
« on: December 08, 2007, 07:05:41 pm »
RIP

i was celebrating his life last night, joing in on his 31st birthday festivities...

On the occasion of John Lennon\'s 31st birthday on October 9, 1971, he and Yoko had a group of their closest friends over to their apartment for a party, including Alan Ginsberg Eric Clapton,  Phil Specter, Ringo Star, among others.  According to historical yore, after various *substances* were imbibed, everyone decided to get out their instruments and have a nice wasted sing along.  Basically, you are at the party, invited to join in and sing along with some of the greatest rock stars of the time in the privacy of their own home, singing just for fun, and having a blast.  It\'s a party!

You don\'t get this boot because you want to hear the definitive version of *Yesterday,* for instance, you get this boot because you want to hear such a varied and inebriated group singing some fantastic songs, speaking intimately to each other--you\'re on the inside of a party that you would most likely never have been invited to.  The cover of the official boot release warns: The songs were all recorded live at a house party in the early 1970s and amateur equipment was used.  The sound is just fine, but don\'t expect audiophile quality by ANY means.

So come join the party and sing along at the top of your lungs (everyone else is!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We miss you!

to say some substances were imbibed is like saying the ocean is kind of damp... i don\'t know WHAT i would have done without this CD.

John Lennon & Friends
Let\'s Have a Party
Syracuse, NY
October 9, 1971

John Lennon
Yoko Ono
Ringo Starr
Phil Spector
Eric Clapton
Klaus Voorman
Allen Ginsberg
Jim Keltner