Author Topic: The Official Post-Ron Breakfast Era Thread  (Read 11383 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The Official Post-Ron Breakfast Era Thread
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:26:51 pm »
So, whats the next step?  This group will NOT disband.

and neither will the .info community
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:26:51 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

Inner_Score

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:31:04 pm »
Tim needs to give a State of The Breakfast speech.

/end political joke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:34:20 pm »
meh.

we\'re not there yet. let\'s cross that bridge when we come to it and enjoy the shit out of these last 5 shows.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:35:41 pm »
Dude I already told you.

The are gonna get a new guy on Bass and people will compare him to Ron.

The Breakfast are not going anywhere but National!

The reason Ron left is he did not want to tour. The rest of the guys do and still have the desire to bring their music to as many people as possible.

Tim and Adrian are one of the best things to happen to music in so long and their vision deserves to be manifested.
This band has gone through so fucking much in their history and the fact that Tim and Adrian want to soldier on despite the loss of desire from 2 guys they started this thing with makes me more of a fan of them then ever!

The elation I have felt listening to Breakfast music again since Matt joined has been wonderful and I have every faith in Adrian, Tim and Matt to find a Bass Player that not only fits the music but will win our hearts also.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Inner_Score

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:37:31 pm »
I don\'t know if this is any constellation but a keyboardist named Peter Gresisar left the Dave Matthews Band in \'93 right before they hit it big, and look how well they did without him.

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 02:39:52 pm »
now they have butch taylor and he is a monstor

I think they should move out of New Haven and out to somewhere with more of a scene going on to create a buzz...... Boulder/Fort Collins, or Burlington, or Asheville or Madison WI, or Portland OR, or something along those lines, move west, there are more appreciative music fans out here

leith

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 02:43:15 pm »
Quote from: Spunk;171611

I think they should move out of New Haven and out to somewhere with more of a scene going on to create a buzz...... Boulder/Fort Collins, or Burlington, or Asheville or Madison WI, or Portland OR, or something along those lines, move west, there are more appreciative music fans out here

HA I have always said if this band was located out here (Ca. or Colo.) they would be so much bigger and probably a dominant player on the scene.

Inner_Score

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 02:46:33 pm »

Don\'t know if you\'re familiar with http://www.antsmaching.org, but they are the hardcore DMB fans and they hate on him so much for his long ass solos. I feel so bad for him. He\'s awesome though.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 02:49:40 pm »
Quote from: leith;171614

HA I have always said if this band was located out here (Ca. or Colo.) they would be so much bigger and probably a dominant player on the scene.

you try\'n to say we\'re bad fans now.......
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 02:53:03 pm »
Quote from: derickw;171618
Quote from: leith;171614

you try\'n to say we\'re bad fans now.......

Read into it all you want.
What I am saying as Spunk is saying has nothing to do with you fans that actually support music. There is a proven appreciative crowd out West that is not present in podunk New Haven and other than New York or Boston a hell of a lot more people that see this type of music out here than there.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:46 pm »
i disagree, i think the jamband community is very very strong in the northeast/new england area, hence the reason why many jambands tour heavily in the northeast as compared to other regions of the country.
DS Newbers

leith

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 04:22:42 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;171622
i disagree, i think the jamband community is very very strong in the northeast/new england area, hence the reason why many jambands tour heavily in the northeast as compared to other regions of the country.

No. Bands tour heavily in the NE because it is easy to do. You can hit so many different cities within such a small area and it is anchored by Boston and NYC for any "big" shows.

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 04:22:55 pm »
north east jamband scene= overly competitive and practically dead, who really still plays and draws out east...... and in comparison most bands draw 5x the crowd here.... like moe. selling 8500 tickets to Red Rocks as opposed to 2-3k in any NY or new england market (sans new years) Same with Bisco, Franti, String Cheese, Raq, Sound Tribe sold out red rocks, last time i saw tribe in Albany NY and Burlington VT there were 400 and  600 kids there, Umphreys is huge, All the bands do better here. The Jamband scene is not strong in the North East anymore. Mabye in like Ithaca, Burlington but thats it

Colorado jamband scene= With Open Arms and more kickin then anywhere else, much better place to create a buzz, and a central location for touring opportunities

leith

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 04:27:48 pm »
Colorado is where it\'s at to build a fanbase.
Great venues and great fans that know good jam music.
There is a reason bands that concentrate on building this fanbase are doing well now.

I am so glad it seems The Breakfast are starting to think that way also. Even the 3 show jaunt they did earlier this year I bet did wonders for their visibility and Word of Mouth advertising so important to bands their size.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 04:37:32 pm »
i am all about it. if they can go to the west coast and have big shows with little promotion (fall 06 tour, from what i heard/read), then why stay here and have doozie after doozie in their home town?
caress me, aunt jemima