Author Topic: Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways  (Read 48919 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 12:53:55 pm »
I would think that if there was a replacement, it might be the guy that Tim wrote Spunk with.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2007, 12:56:47 pm »
as long as the replacement can develop a nice thick pocket, who cares who it is?!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 01:00:27 pm »
Ron-we all love you and Lisa, and it will not be the same without you up there. Anyone who has the WTF attitude just doesn\'t have a clue. The sacrifices you made to accomplish what you have are enormous, and we thank you for it. I think of what PB and the Breakfast have meant to me, and it is hard to put into words. Yes the music is epic, but it is so much more. Like Freddie has said: you guys have no idea how really important you are in the lives of so many.

I\'m glad you and Lisa will still be around, and I sincerely wish you and your soon to be bigger family the best. I know it will all be good.

That being said, all will be forgiven if you could just bang out the following one last time at Toads:

Attraction
The Chase  
Dimension 5---Not leaving the building till played!
Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2)  
Garcian Fishbowl  
Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me  
Gypsy Girl  
Hard Luck Harry  
Intension  
LDZ  
Love Lake  
Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)  
No Regret  
Psygn  
Spunk
Superfly Phaddy Fat  
Tunage  

So stop reading and get practicing!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:17:42 pm by Mark »
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2007, 01:04:24 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;171532

This band to me will always be Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan.  I think that Matt is great, but I have never seen that incarnation on the band live.  I can live with the band continuing without Jordan, but Ron is a more important part of the band than just a bass player.  Those of you that think that he is just a bass player and can be easily replaced are showing a lack of respect for Ron and all of his contributions to the band\'s music.

Ridiculous. It has been proven Jordan was a HUGE part of the band with his instrument. So much so they HAD to get another keyboard player as the music demands it.

Just because the trio was so tight with each other does not mean Jordan was any less significant.  If the Trio was so damn great and Adrian,Tim AND Ron are truly the band why did they bother getting another keyboard player? Why not keep on with the Trio?

Ron is a great Bass Player but you cannot convince me that he has the same natural talent that Adrian, Tim and Matt have. He does not. I commend Ron for all the extremely hard work he put into his instrument to keep up with Adrian and Tim but it was just that. HARD WORK!
When I first saw this band I thought Ron was not even that great( and this has been agreed upon by others here) but could hold his own. I never thought that about the other 3 in the band.

Ron over the years has proven to me and anyone else listening that he deserves to be on the same stage as Tim and Adrian but he can be replaced without a really drastic change and that is not disrespectful just honest.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2007, 01:10:25 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;171468
KindMs pull it together bro...... like Tim and Adrian aren\'t the heart of the band anyway. Absolutely no way they should disband as long as these two are still playing.

I mean, this sucks, but lets be honest. The band can find another great bass player to fill Ron\'s shoes and maybe even do better.

As long as these virtuoso talents on guitar and drums are with us , long live The Breakfast!

I agree about the not disbanding part, but you gota be nuts to think a bass players can just fill his shoes. Personally and musically, Ron adds a lot to the band and the stage. the same character this band has that you said in another post seperates these guys from bands like Raq. Filling the shoes, in my opinion, is impossible, yet i think someone can carry the torch and do well at it, but never as naturally. The heart has three coronary arteries that supply it  blood and Ron is just as important part of the heart as Tim and Adrian.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;171561
Ron you were the foundation of this band, it\'s never going to be the same without you.  Best of luck with the teaching and the impending fatherhood.  If you\'re half as good at those jobs as you were at your last one, you\'re in great shape.

Now....

So many folks already know this that I can\'t sit back and watch the rest of you suffer.  Tim has been pseudo-secretly working with a replacement bassist for some time.  The reason Jeff moved in with Tim was not to escape the comforts of his parents basement.  It was to learn the ways of the force.  Ladies and gentlemen, your new Breakfast bassist is none other than our very own Spacey.

:lol: I can\'t see Spacey giving up his current job to go on the road with the band... :duck:

:( I do hope there\'s a replacement soon - have they held any auditions for the spot yet?
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2007, 01:17:44 pm »
Quote from: leith;171570

This band to me will always be Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan.  I think that Matt is great, but I have never seen that incarnation on the band live.  I can live with the band continuing without Jordan, but Ron is a more important part of the band than just a bass player.  Those of you that think that he is just a bass player and can be easily replaced are showing a lack of respect for Ron and all of his contributions to the band\'s music.

Ridiculous. It has been proven Jordan was a HUGE part of the band with his instrument. So much so they HAD to get another keyboard player as the music demands it.

Just because the trio was so tight with each other does not mean Jordan was any less significant.  If the Trio was so damn great and Adrian,Tim AND Ron are truly the band why did they bother getting another keyboard player? Why not keep on with the Trio?

Ron is a great Bass Player but you cannot convince me that he has the same natural talent that Adrian, Tim and Matt have. He does not. I commend Ron for all the extremely hard work he put into his instrument to keep up with Adrian and Tim but it was just that. HARD WORK!
When I first saw this band I thought Ron was not even that great( and this has been agreed upon by others here) but could hold his own. I never thought that about the other 3 in the band.

Ron over the years has proven to me and anyone else listening that he deserves to be on the same stage as Tim and Adrian but he can be replaced without a really drastic change and that is not disrespectful just honest.

i agree 100 %. very well said.

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2007, 01:24:28 pm »
Quote from: OMS;171575

i agree 100 %. very well said.

I don\'t. I think the change will be HUGE. Who knows untill it happens I guess.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2007, 01:25:42 pm »
What\'s a diorama?
Postcount +1.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;171571
Quote from: bdfreetuna;171468
KindMs pull it together bro...... like Tim and Adrian aren\'t the heart of the band anyway. Absolutely no way they should disband as long as these two are still playing.

I mean, this sucks, but lets be honest. The band can find another great bass player to fill Ron\'s shoes and maybe even do better.

As long as these virtuoso talents on guitar and drums are with us , long live The Breakfast!

I agree about the not disbanding part, but you gota be nuts to think a bass players can just fill his shoes. Personally and musically, Ron adds a lot to the band and the stage. the same character this band has that you said in another post seperates these guys from bands like Raq. Filling the shoes, in my opinion, is impossible, yet i think someone can carry the torch and do well at it, but never as naturally. The heart has three coronary arteries that supply it  blood and Ron is just as important part of the heart as Tim and Adrian.

Amen Broseph.^ I also believe that Tim, Ron, and Adrian have a telepathic connection that Jordo may or may not have been in touch with. At times he defanitely was but not 100% of the time. Anyways, the point is it\'s not as easy as some peolpe are making it sound to just replace that 1/4 of the band that has been there from the beginning. It will take a long time to develop that  telepathic connection with any replacement bassist. The fact that Matt fit in so well and so fast is only cause he is a freak of nature. Here\'s hoping they can find another freak of nature sometime soon.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

leith

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2007, 01:32:34 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;171572
[
:( I do hope there\'s a replacement soon - have they held any auditions for the spot yet?

Rumor is yes and that\'s all I\'m saying.

Quote from: Gfunk;171579
The fact that Matt fit in so well and so fast is only cause he is a freak of nature. Here\'s hoping they can find another freak of nature sometime soon.

No George the reason Matt has fit in so fast is because he DOES have the natural talent that Adrian and Tim have.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:34:11 pm by leith »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2007, 01:35:07 pm »

His musical ability isn\'t the only thing he brought to the table.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2007, 01:40:34 pm »
Quote from: leith;171580
Quote from: FreeSpirit;171572
[

Rumor is yes and that\'s all I\'m saying.

Quote from: Gfunk;171579
The fact that Matt fit in so well and so fast is only cause he is a freak of nature. Here\'s hoping they can find another freak of nature sometime soon.

No George the reason Matt has fit in so fast is because he DOES have the natural talent that Adrian and Tim have.

Yeah he has the natural talent to the point where he is a freak of nature.
I believe Ron has the natural talent as well. And learning from Tim and Adrian/ playing with them for all these years has brought out that natural talent. You don\'t have to go to college for music if you learn with those cats.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:44 pm »
Best of luck Ron.  Thanks for the music! (especially Intension)
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

leith

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2007, 01:49:07 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;171583

His musical ability isn\'t the only thing he brought to the table.

I understand that but the problem again lies in people confusing friendships and band business.
I consider Ron an acquaintance and I am not as friendly with him as I am with Tim, Adrian or even Matt. This has nothing to do with anything other than I have never had the chance to hang out with him as I have the others. On the road he was always doing his own thing and was never part of any late nite fun I was at with the other guys.

SO my perspective is coming from a strictly musical sense. He will be missed but his stage presence just began to grow in my mind so I will miss nothing there and musically I listen to Tim and Matt more so...

Do not think I am not devastated by this news. It sucks on many levels but from what I can tell the band will be just fine. Dobs would not post he is back and not going anywhere for awhile if the band did not have things well in hand.