Author Topic: Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways  (Read 48580 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Ron Spears and The Breakfast to Part Ways
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2007, 10:50:31 pm »
Quote from: leith;171489
Thanks for the personal post Ron.
Good to know you\'re not disappearing.
Trio and GTB fans have something to look forward to at least.

Yeah thanks Ron. It has been amazing going to see you guys for the almost 6 years i\'ve been seeing you. Defanitely some big shoes to fill. I wish you and your family all the best, I\'m sure you\'ll make a great dad and probably a badass teacher. You won\'t find too many teachers out there who used to be in a psychedelic rock band.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2007, 10:55:59 pm »
Save: you are going to be missed!  

What are you planning on teaching?  I can\'t remember what you said you were studying last time we spoke.  Writing?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2007, 11:00:18 pm »
Ron, thanks for the heartfelt post.  You will be missed.  Best of luck to you and your family.
You Lucky Bastards!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:09 pm »
Sad news indeed. Ron, I have an enormous amount of respect you as a musician and more importantly, aperson. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors, there is no doubt in my mind you will succeed at both your career and family. My best wishes to you and Lisa. You may no longer play bass in The Breakfast after NYE, but that spot on stage will always be Save Side fo\' Life, no matter who is up there.

Unfortunately I am only able to attend the Toad\'s show on the 29th, but if everyone who owns one of the Save shirts we had made way-back-when could wear it that night and NYE, I think that would be an awesome way to say thank you to Ron for all he has done for the band and us as fans.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:24 pm »
I really may cry on NYE.

I will def be wearing my Save Side fo\' Life shirt to every show, I go to until NYE, and I encourage others to do the same.

Ron you are a great person.  Sometimes life happens.  Love ya like a brotha.  Things just won\'t ever be the same.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Ren

• what?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 11:27:18 pm »
me too, ya friut.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

peaches626

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:43 pm »
Ron spears, you can try and teach all you want, but you\'ll always be a rock star in my eyes.

Good luck
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007, 11:53:05 pm »
Quote from: Me!;171505
 Things just won\'t ever be the same.

Who knows what that will end up meaning, but it\'s the truth.

I feel deflated right now. Just really sad about this.

I absolutely respect your decision and hope your life takes a turn for the better, which it will no doubt in so many ways, but this all seems unfair. You\'re an incredible musician in an incredible band. Unfortunately the money isn\'t there to support a family. I\'m having irrational thoughts about all the wanks out there coughing up there dime to some half-ass modulated pop-star, rich with dollars and broke with passion.

No more Ronny thump. No more Ronny voice.

This blows.

Thanks for giving me the greatest concert and night of my life this one time.

I feel like I just got older in a depressing way. (Sorry for the negativity folks :killself: )
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 12:42:45 am »
damn.
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Lerherbles

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 03:38:56 am »
I am in absolute shock right now!!  There is so much I want to say, but I can\'t find the words.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 07:08:34 am »

say bye to a good guy
caress me, aunt jemima

tyzack

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 07:30:24 am »
Well, firstly, like the 329048759238749832745908234098 previous posts, I\'d like to wish Ron and family the best of luck.

Secondly, I was rather crestfallen when I read this.

Thirdly, crestfallen is a great word that more people should use.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

psychjosh

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:24 am »
Save -  Best of luck! You know you have everyones full support. You\'ll be a GREAT father and teacher. I\'m looking forward to play dates with our lil tikes!! The 6 years we were able to work together were truley 6 of the best of years of my life! Thanks for the memories.

The band has their work cut out in finding anyone who fill your shoes.. or at least stand in them for a few sets. Hopefully they will find the right guy to do the job.

Obviously the jamband masses have never fully grabbed a hold and embraced this project or they\'d probably generate enogh dough to keep everyone together. Maybe this change will force the band to to do some re arranging and lots of new song writing and just maybe it will give a chance for a new beginning.

This is where everyones fandom comes in. They need your support more than ever. The songs and the music are still being played by the guy who wrote them and I\'m sure who ever theey hire to play bass will THUMP fo sho!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2007, 08:00:18 am »
Big ups to Darth Maul/John Elway/the bus driver/the Save/the SEREST cat to every touch a b\'fast stage.  you are the glue that held this Wild Pack of Asscracks together.  Without you, I can only expect madness.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2007, 08:53:10 am »
First off - Ron, best of luck with your teaching career and congratulation to you and Lisa on your upcoming bundle of joy.

Secondy - Tim, Adrian and Ron were the heart of the band.  How can you say that Ron was not part of that heart?  They have been together molding their band through multiple incarnations: Psychedelic Breakfast, The Breakfast, Mokijam, Tribal Funk Afflication and many more.  The three of the them were what made this music special.  

Do I think that the remaining members should disband, no, but do I think that they should continue on as The Breakfast, I\'m not so sure that would be the right move.  If they continue on as The Breakfast, it would be as wrong as Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend touring as The Who.

This band to me will always be Tim, Ron, Adrian and Jordan.  I think that Matt is great, but I have never seen that incarnation on the band live.  I can live with the band continuing without Jordan, but Ron is a more important part of the band than just a bass player.  Those of you that think that he is just a bass player and can be easily replaced are showing a lack of respect for Ron and all of his contributions to the band\'s music.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;171468
KindMs pull it together bro...... like Tim and Adrian aren\'t the heart of the band anyway. Absolutely no way they should disband as long as these two are still playing.

I mean, this sucks, but lets be honest. The band can find another great bass player to fill Ron\'s shoes and maybe even do better.

As long as these virtuoso talents on guitar and drums are with us , long live The Breakfast!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:55:37 am by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen