Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-11-30 - Lion\'s Den; New York, NY  (Read 10816 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-11-30 - Lion\'s Den; New York, NY
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:49:09 am »
I: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Space City Affair > See The Light* > keyboard solo > The Chase, jam** > Tunage > Food For Thought^ > Tunage, Touch Me^^, Dig > Rufus > Intension

E: Vortex 3 (Matt\'s Journey)# > Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* inverted.
** with \'Andy\' (Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention) teases/jam.
^ Thought: "Three questions: Who is your best friend in the world? Who do you trust the most? Who do you want to hug right now?"
^^ with Matt Rosenthal (Lucy Vincent) on flute; with \'The Soft Parade\' (The Doors) tease.
 # with \'Wild Pack Of Asscracks\' teases.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:17:37 am by ChrisPitch »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:01:26 am »
ill wait to hear what people say who were there
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:35:39 am »
what is Vortex 3 (Matt\'s Journey)?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:46:57 am »
Quote from: Gordo;170830

Either a song or another named experimental jam.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 03:07:24 am »
Debut of Striker\'s song-writing skills and contributions to The Breakfast? Perhaps an ode to him from another band member? Collective from all four? Ha! I\'ll find out tomorrow.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 05:22:20 am »
Quote from: Gordo;170830

sounded like a space city affair meets a spacy tweezer jam. Out there but with structure. There was a bass tease of wpoac in it, I think ron tried to segway out but they went away from that back to spacey before finally building back into it a few minutes later. Name came from Stephengencs who said "I kid you not, this is a song and that\'s it\'s name"

sic show. A lot of fans for the opening act and many of them stayed around for the band, so really good size crowd, especially for new york. Also the reason for so many dance songs such as the taboo opener.

tunage pause before drums matt and tim froze remenicent of phish doing divided sky. Stayed that way through whole (very short) drum solo, then came back when they started playing again. Greg did an awesome job on lights in this song, especially considering he didn\'t have time to set up his stuff and could only use the house rig.

Ron spears comment overheard as I was walking out: "I don\'t care what they think, I\'ll \'sorry chip\' everyone in this place if I want to." Add that one right behind "save said no" :lol:

great show, glad I made it. kudos to greg for hopping in the van after ri and making both shows. Nice quick drive down and back. Glad you went alli!

k, I need sleep now. see some of you at jakes.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 07:10:01 am »
COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON NOW TOUCH ME BABE!!!

I loved when Phish used to play this with the GCH. Who sang it? Did Adrian sing it wearing the donuts dress? Looks like a sweet setlist. Can\'t wait till Asbury.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 09:59:33 am »
Didn\'t they play touch me  back in \'00 at The Lion\'s Den.  That was a good show.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 10:45:22 am »
wow you people get up early for a saturday! i don\'t know what the fuck i\'m doing up right now considering i didn\'t get home until just a few hours ago, but hey, that\'s rock and roll, right?

anyways, good times last night for sure. i swear i think i need a breakfast anonymous group b/c the second the show was over (or, i should say, the second i got kicked out of the show b/c my brother and his friend were being assholes...) my immediate thought was, "ahhh! when can i see them next?!"

i really enjoyed touch me, the dude on flute was great. have the breakfast ever played with a floutist before? also really liked the Vortex 3 song - very spacey, which i love (if it\'s done well, which in this case it was). i would definitely like to see this song incorporated into sets to help balance out the feel of the performances. overall felt the show last night was very hard-hitting. while not one of the most jaw-dropping shows, people dug it and generally were getting down. good turnout for nyc, i thought.

as always, great to see the bfam. btw, is there a brandon on this board that i met last night?

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 10:47:11 am »
igz hijack:

man.  wish i went.  too bad the Wheelhouse was my last Bfast show EVAH!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 11:31:29 am »
looks real good, nice to hear there was a good turnout...cant wait to hear what the "vortex" sounds like
DS Newbers

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 11:45:50 am »
SER bustout of the night:  BLACKIESHAMPS.  Welcome back to the DARKSIDE.

peaches626

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 01:04:54 pm »
blackie- isn\'t he the nyc hero of bfam?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 01:27:48 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;170858

he\'s the king of the shady acres motel blumpkin.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 01:29:51 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;170858

blackie shamps= my hero
glad he\'s still getting to get down
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.