Author Topic: Anyone here a soccer fan?  (Read 6261 times)

skalnbyc

  • Taqueria Overexposure
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5691
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 03:25:11 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;171020

you know us islanders can\'t stand the mainland folks?

or as they say in Southeastern Mass, "continent"

Igz, are you kicking back with a case of Sagres today?  (or a barrel of porto do madeira?)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:39:05 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Igziabeher

  • ser gravel eater
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5149
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 03:27:56 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;171021
Not much I can do about that... :)

What is the name of the island?


Faial.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;171024
Quote from: Igziabeher;171020


you know us islanders can\'t stand the mainland folks?


or as they say in Southeastern Mass, "continent"

Igz, are you kicking back with a case of Sagres today?


fuck Sagres, its all about the Superboc.

speaking of which, they got beer machines, like soda machines in Portugal, you\'re gonna love it J.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:27:56 pm by Igziabeher »

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 03:28:50 pm »
Sounds like my kind of place.
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

  • Taqueria Overexposure
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5691
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 03:29:26 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;171026
Quote from: jocelyn;171021
Not much I can do about that... :)

What is the name of the island?


Faial.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;171024
Quote from: Igziabeher;171020


you know us islanders can\'t stand the mainland folks?


or as they say in Southeastern Mass, "continent"

Igz, are you kicking back with a case of Sagres today?


fuck Sagres, its all about the Superboc.

speaking of which, they got beer machines, like soda machines in Portugal, you\'re gonna love it J.


Sagres is the only Portuguese beer I know by name. Cheap beer, isn\'t it?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 03:35:48 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;171024


Igz, are you kicking back with a case of Sagres today?  (or a barrel of porto do madiera?)


Geek.
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

  • the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7666
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 04:28:02 pm »
maybe gencs can let you borrow his "don\'t bother me, I\'m local" or whatever it says shirt joc. It should only be about 4 sizes too big for you. And in the wrong language. Perfect.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

  • Not in charge.
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6294
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 06:24:14 pm »
:lol:
Masturbation in the MFA

derickw

  • Drunken Garbage Can
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6658
    • http://
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 09:11:29 am »
get a room. this thread is for talking about soccer

nOObS!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

  • ser gravel eater
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5149
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 09:19:58 am »
ok.  \'92 World Cup.  Roberto Baggio, stupid Italian.  misses a sure PK to lose to Brazil.

derickw

  • Drunken Garbage Can
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6658
    • http://
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:41 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;171082
ok.  \'92 World Cup.  Roberto Baggio, stupid Italian.  misses a sure PK to lose to Brazil.


ummm you mean 94\'


he\'s lucky he not dead
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

WALSH

  • Mahoney
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1716
    • http://
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:06 am »
CHELSEA....CHELSEA....CHELSEA....CHELSEA!!!

The BLUES are taking the EPL this year, believe DAT!

Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Mikel, Cech, do I need to go on?
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

FrankZappa

  • the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7666
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:15 am »
1994 FIFA World Cup
Baggio was the cornerstone of the Italy team during the 1994 FIFA World Cup, leading them to the final after a disappointing start. He scored five goals, all in the knockout phase, and he started every match from the beginning: two in the round of 16 to beat Nigeria (scoring with 2 minutes left of the game sending it into extra time, and then another goal in extra time), one in the quarter-finals to top Spain (the game winner with 3 minutes remaining) and two to beat Bulgaria in the semi-finals. Baggio was not fully fit for the final against Brazil, which ended 0-0 after extra time; he took Italy\'s last penalty in the resulting shoot-out, but his kick went over the cross-bar and the Brazilians won the title. Two other Italians, Franco Baresi and Daniele Massaro, had already missed penalties; had Baggio scored, Brazil would have still had a penalty to win the Cup nevertheless. Baggio has since been blamed for costing Italy that World Cup despite the fact that he singlehandedly carried a weak and aging Italian team to the final.

Baggio finished tied for second in the tournament in goals scored and was named one of the top three players.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Igziabeher

  • ser gravel eater
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5149
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 11:23:09 am »
Bautistutaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 03:08:02 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;171099
CHELSEA....CHELSEA....CHELSEA....CHELSEA!!!

The BLUES are taking the EPL this year, believe DAT!

Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Mikel, Cech, do I need to go on?


Not a chance.

Arsenal or Utd. No doubt. Chelsea 3rd or 4th.

Quote from: FrankZappa;171101
1994 FIFA World Cup
Baggio was the cornerstone of the Italy team during the 1994 FIFA World Cup, leading them to the final after a disappointing start. He scored five goals, all in the knockout phase, and he started every match from the beginning: two in the round of 16 to beat Nigeria (scoring with 2 minutes left of the game sending it into extra time, and then another goal in extra time), one in the quarter-finals to top Spain (the game winner with 3 minutes remaining) and two to beat Bulgaria in the semi-finals. Baggio was not fully fit for the final against Brazil, which ended 0-0 after extra time; he took Italy\'s last penalty in the resulting shoot-out, but his kick went over the cross-bar and the Brazilians won the title. Two other Italians, Franco Baresi and Daniele Massaro, had already missed penalties; had Baggio scored, Brazil would have still had a penalty to win the Cup nevertheless. Baggio has since been blamed for costing Italy that World Cup despite the fact that he singlehandedly carried a weak and aging Italian team to the final.

Baggio finished tied for second in the tournament in goals scored and was named one of the top three players.


exactly. I remember watching this Italian restaurant owner (actually a close family friend) cry his eyes out after that missed PK. I was 10 and on the verge of tears just watching him. 2006 = redemption for good ol\' Nick Lombardi.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 03:08:02 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

zero

  • created 1985
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 29
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 06:01:03 pm »
Im a Tottenham fan.  No way spurs wiil finish for europe this year, but they wont be relegated either.  Chelsea dont have a shot either unless they use their cash in the january transfer window.  Drogba is hurt and they have too many key african players leaving for the african cup of nations in january.  It\'s a three horse race and they all wear red.  Unfortunate but true.  Oh and the bolton fan, say goodbye to anelka come january