Author Topic: Anyone here a soccer fan?  (Read 7452 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Anyone here a soccer fan?
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:38:33 pm »
Alright, I\'ve been a baseball/basketball/football americano man my whole life, but within the past year or so I have really gotten into international football (or soccer). I can\'t get enough actually. I don\'t know if it\'s because I\'m just infatuated with the new-ness, or if it\'s because I feel like a kid with excitement for a game or match that I haven\'t felt in a long time, perhaps the fact that I learn about a new top-shelf player daily and am intrigued? Whatever the case, who else here is into it?  I\'m in love with the English Premier League, but the UEFA Champions League is where the beef is at. Man U Baby.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:25:54 am »
I have been a fan of Lazio for years for the simple fact that my friend Federico made me a fan (his hometown)when he was going to College here in the States.
I have followed them ever since I think Soccer is a great sport but MLS level soccer sux! I don\'t watch much English Premier but UEFA I watch every year.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:37:29 am »
soccer sucks in general. all the pussies in my high school played soccer.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 01:54:29 am »
Well then I wish I would\'ve been a hoo haa in high school. I regret not being a hoo haa in high school. It would have been more enjoyable then putting up with cocksucking football coaches and all the beef-tits trying to hump each other in the locker room while calling soccer players pussies.

Yes leith, the MLS is garbage. I like the Italian and Spanish leagues a lot too, the EPL is televised much more here so I think that\'s why I latched on. I also met a group of ex-houligans from Newcastle/London at a bar near my house who are obsessed with Man U and they took me in as their young Yank. It\'s a riot.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:14:06 am »
I think I hate Man U because they are the NY Yankees of Soccer.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 08:49:10 am »
New England Revolution!!!!!!! yet another new england team that took home a Championship. thats all i have to say about that

i watch English Premier League all the time. i record them on dvr and sit with a beer and catch up. Sadly enough i\'m a Bolton Wanderers fan, i don\'t care that they are second to last.

I played soccer all my life. my father used to be a goalie on a pro team in Poland. so i pretty much grew up with a soccer ball at my feet. High school was pretty funny. i pick up on the cute girls watching the soccer players but would hangout and party with the football players. they thought they knew how to drink........ HA. best of both worlds
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 09:11:36 am »

Pretty amazing they only let up an own goal (U.S.) and a penalty kick (France) the entire tournament.
Smell my mule.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:26 am »
Quote from: leith;170649
I think I hate FC Barcelona because they are the NY Yankees of Soccer.

fixed. poor ignorant yanks. :sigh:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:37:13 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;170678
Quote from: leith;170649
I think I hate FC Barcelona because they are the NY Yankees of Soccer.

fixed. poor ignorant yanks. :sigh:

Barclays Premier League

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:38:46 am »
yea, it\'s a different league than uefa but this is a futbol conversation in general, so it\'s still valid.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Whathefunk

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 10:39:20 am »
since i\'ve been living in spain for the last 3 months the game has seriously grown on me.  i caught my first professional football game about a week ago (FC Barcelona vs. Recreativo Huelvo) at Camp Nou.  it was fucking incredible.  i heard the place holds 114k.   anyway, i like FC barcelona even though i\'m a sox fan. hah

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 11:43:27 am »
Quote from: Whathefunk;170684
since i\'ve been living in spain for the last 3 months the game has seriously grown on me.  i caught my first professional football game about a week ago (FC Barcelona vs. Recreativo Huelvo) at Camp Nou.  it was fucking incredible.  i heard the place holds 114k.   anyway, i like FC barcelona even though i\'m a sox fan. hah

NICE!!!!

i\'m going to Ireland>London>Poland next spring and hope to catch a game while i\'m there. there is no other sporting event like soccer. plus how can you complain about watching a sport that doesn\'t stop every 2 minutes to sell some more Chunky Soup.........

hey i just noticed this is my 5000 post!!!!!!!!! yay me

i\'m gonna celebrate with a beer for lunch

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:18 pm »
I\'m not really into soccer, just bc I don\'t see it on TV that much...but the soccer guys are definitely cuter than anyone in American sports :awwyeah::thumbsup:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Whathefunk

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 02:37:13 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;170715
I\'m not really into soccer, just bc I don\'t see it on TV that much...but the soccer guys are definitely cuter than anyone in American sports :awwyeah::thumbsup:

its def the only sport i\'ve seen guys put gel in their hair before a game...lol

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk;170738
Quote from: FreeSpirit;170715

its def the only sport i\'ve seen guys put gel in their hair before a game...lol

come on, what about Baseball............. what else do those pretty boys do besides sit there till it\'s there turn to stand in the spot light for 5 swings.......