Author Topic: UFC 78: Validation  (Read 1552 times)

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
UFC 78: Validation
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:02:42 pm »
Not sure how many of you guys are fans of UFC, but the fight tonight in Jersey looks pretty interesting. Just wondering if any of you will be ordering the PPV? Anyways here is who I think will win.

Evans over Bisping knockout 2nd round

Alexander over Silva TKO 1st

Herman over Doerksen submission in 3rd round

Chonan over Parisyan split decision
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 03:22:49 am »
just got home. one of the weakest UFC PPV\'s in recent history. the undercard fights were MUCH better than the main fights. did any of them make it onto the PPV?

the prudential center is *amazing*. newark, on the other hand, not so much. parking and getting out (and onto the highway) really sucked. pretty sure i\'ll be avoiding that place in the future.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:06:59 pm »
Weak night.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

tyzack

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:29:01 pm »
Agreeded, there were two good fights in the middle and the rest pretty much sucked.

I don\'t know the names of the fighters, or anything. My roomate really digs this shit, so I happily sit and drink.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:18:44 pm »
well, i am not to sure on the names of the fighters either. but overall i thought the card was pretty weak overall, even compared to their free ppv on spike a few months back.

as you can see i didn\'t do quite good on the fights. (2-2) i won evans and herman. just like everyone else i fell into the alexander hype. alexander didn\'t really impress me as much as i thought he would. it sounded like he was the crowd favorite, but he\'s got no ground game. the main event ended up being alot better than i had expected it to be, but in general the fight did not impress me and the entire card could have been better in general. i think the december ppv will be HUGE compared to this one. In my opinion anyways.
As for the fights afterwards, they showd the joe lauzen (sp) fight? joe choke him out in the first round and by far the most exciting fight of the night. maybe the best?

for those of us who watch the ppv, did anyone catch joe rogan\'s watch? holy shit! we could see that shit for the entire ppv, but once the swing fight came out, he hid it. i found that quite amusing.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 11:21:18 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

tyzack

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 07:29:11 am »
Quote from: Rujah;169567

for those of us who watch the ppv, did anyone catch joe rogan\'s watch? holy shit! we could see that shit for the entire ppv, but once the swing fight came out, he hid it. i found that quite amusing.

The plugs were endless.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.