Author Topic: The 2007-08 College Basketball Thread  (Read 5895 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
The 2007-08 College Basketball Thread
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:38 am »
So, hopefully there are some UConn or BC fans on this board to counter all my Syracuse talk.

I have some pretty high expectations for Syracuse this year. Some really talented Freshman (Jonny Flynn and Donte Green) who are going to see a lot of playing time. I know it\'s early but both of them logged 36 minutes last night. Flynn was 6-7 from 3pt., 5 Rebounds, 9 Assists and 28pts, which is a Syracuse Freshman debut record. The team is really young with one senior who won\'t play much and two juniors who will start. The rest of the upper class just rides the pine. I couldn\'t afford season tix this year but I will be scalping a bunch of games. I\'ll also be at the Syracuse/Villanova game in Philly Superbowl weekend. Unfortunately Syracuse doesn\'t play at UConn this year.

I\'ve been seeing games since 1982 when I was about 1 years old. I just wrote this story on another board so I may as well copy it here too. In 1982 at one of the first games my parents took me to I was in one of those baby carts that they can carry around since a stroller would be a pain in the ass at the Dome. It was right around my first birthday (February) so I am sure it was an important big east game. While in the baby seat in the stands I was just wearing an orange Syracuse shirt and a diaper. All of a sudden I take a monster shit, only it\'s all liquid and full of fury. It goes out the sides of my diapers and all over the couple in front of us. My parents were so embarrassed but honestly what can you do? The couple got up and just walked out of the dome. They said I was laughing a little after it happened. Poor people. Hopefully Cuse won that night.

Now that\'s how you start a thread!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:22:37 am by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:59:43 pm »
I really wanted to catch a Syracuse basketball game when I was out there for last February\'s Breakfast run.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 05:11:06 pm »
That a pretty old video above - ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:18:35 pm »
ORANGE!! All the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:02:35 pm »
I believe the Syracuse game is nationally televised on ESPN at 7pm (EST) tonight. They play St Joe\'s.
Smell my mule.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:07:34 pm »
Umm... remember when UVM beat Syracuse in round 1 a few years back?

Yeah....

go Catamounts
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:47 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;168823

Yeah....

go Catamounts

Bastard! I went to that game with two of my friends. Worcester is only 4 or so hours from Syracuse. We (the two of us not driving) drank a bottle of scotch on the car ride along with a couple beers since we would be arriving just before tip off. Most of the crowd was UVM fans and the orange representation was very thin. That didn\'t matter to us. We were pumped to be there and see them play. Unfortunately they played like shit that night. My dad said he would pay for our hotel room for two nights if they won the first game. Doh! We drove back to Syracuse after that game in one of the most silent car rides I\'ve ever been apart of. I\'ve seen them play in Worcester, NYC, DC and Philly and they\'ve NEVER won when I\'ve attended a road game. Talk about shitty luck. I figure I\'ve well over due for a win this February in Philly.
Smell my mule.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:58:48 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;168823

Yeah....

go Catamounts

remember when UAlbany beat vermont 2 years in a row the past 2 years to get into the NCAA tourney?

go danes
DS Newbers

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:38 pm »
get outta here

has albany ever won a game in the tournament?
dont think so
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:45:19 pm by Vassillios »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:49:07 pm »
we almost pulled the first ever 1-16 upset against uconn 2 years ago
DS Newbers

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 04:48:31 pm »
Remember when UVM won the National Championship?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 12:07:02 pm »
I\'m heading down to Philly this afternoon for the Syracuse/Villanova game which is tomorrow at 12. Hopefully I finally get to see them win on the road. If they lose again that would put me at 0-4 for Syracuse road games and my parents might disown me. If you\'re actually going to watch it, I\'ll be wearing a orange ski mask and the brightest orange fleece jacket you\'ll ever see. I\'m sitting behind one of the hoops in the second tier so maybe they\'ll pan up there for some free throws.

GO CUSE!
Smell my mule.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 10:17:39 am »
Cuse Ninja strikes again...

Finally got that road win! Up next, UConn @ the dome on Wednesday. Should be a great game, as they always are. I got a PBR tall can at River St. to bet against any UConn takers.
Smell my mule.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 12:02:07 pm »
I don\'t know how you could think that \'Cuse has any chance vs. UCONN.  I was just looking through Syracuse\'s win/loss record just now...wow!  They suck!  Losses against UMass and Rhode Island at  home? You think you\'re going to beat UCONN?  Really Booztravlr?  Really?  The biggest win you have is your last game against Villanova (who has now lost 4 straight).  I mean, right now if I am looking at their record, \'Cuse looks like they are going to be sitting out of the NCAA tournament for a second str8 year if something doesn\'t change quickly.  Where are you quality wins?  Where is your rationale for thinking this game is even going to be close?

So my point is that you stand no chance vs. UCONN.  I\'m not going to River St. Jazz, but i\'m sure anyone who is going would be happy to take you up on that bet.  Pretty much money in the bank.

UCONN!  HUSKIES!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:09:52 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 12:02:47 pm »
The Huskies are gonna beat up on Cuse.  If I was going to River St. I would take that bet in a heartbeat!