Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 13604 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 01:40:44 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168365
\'Charlie\' (RHCP) tease just spotted in tunage..

I hope you are listening to these teases as you upload it also.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 01:53:22 pm »
uploading hasn\'t started yet. listening as i work on it though. twas a late night, so there\'s a delay.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 02:00:11 pm »
lots of fun last night. i had a great time seeing all of you fine people..

as tiny as sully\'s is, i really do love the packed in breakfast shows there. there is something special about the place for me since one of my first and most memorable shows involved jumping over the fence to get inside because i wasn\'t 21 (turkey tour \'04).

first set was alright. may fly was definitely the highlight early on in the evening. second set was killer. inverted rufus was unexpected between tlatg and oe, but it worked. things definitely got pretty crazy during wild pack. i enjoy a good breakfast show mosh pit every once in a while.

this wasn\'t the best show that i have seen, but it was a fun one and i am definitely feeling it today.

so glad to see so many people out last night..any word on the crowd size?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 02:49:26 pm »
Holy shit they played their instruments well last night!!!

I really thought Tim was showin\' off mad new moves on the guitar last night... and Adrian... shit, it was like the grand finale of a fourth of july fireworks . Can\'t forget Ron and Matt everybody really stepped it up , that was totally sick.

Best part of the night... after the 2nd set, Ash is beat, I can see her second wind just dropped off and she\'s giving me this look... "Don\'t they ever stop??" ..
So of course they are gonna come out for an encore, so I tell her, one more song baby hang in there!

And they come out and I hear the opening chord to Buquebus. HA! "Sorrrrrrry! We\'re gonna be here for a while! ahahaha!"

Johnny Be Goode wasn\'t really nescessary.. but after a show like that, why the hell not :shrug:

sick sick sick show
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 02:53:20 pm »
wow. wow. wow. wow. wow. what a great time.

opening jam (dubbed the "collar up" jam!) started things off right, getting the crowd into the groove. sorry to disagree w/ you mama, but i actually wasn\'t feeling the may fly as much as i usually do. nevertheless, i thought the show jumped to another level with taboo, a great song to really get down to. i agree with other posters that the first go-around of taboo was too light in the heavy section, but all the segues that followed were absolutely amazing. i was too distracted during GBFBITS by the lesbians who were trying to pull me into their little love fest (thanks for saving me, wolfy), which pissed me off b/c i love the GBFBITS jam. coming back into taboo made me so damn happy. and tunage may be my most-improved song. good stuff. how did i miss the charlie tease? i love that damn song.

second set really was completely off the hook. i warned my buddy that i tend to get a little out of control during second sets, and last night was a case in point. i started off head banging like a lunatic in front of the stage to a hot HLH>IG. although i really was looking forward to OE when they started TLATG, i was happy to hear an awesome Rufus variation in between. it was a surprising and enjoyable twist. OE, by the way, let\'s just say PM... well put wolfy about the energy of TLATG. The mosh pit during OE was so fun, although you guys really are kinda wimpy... ;) I thought Wild Pack was a perfect fit for the night. the Wild Pack surely was in full affect last night and it was incredible to be a part of it.

my heartfelt thanks go out to the princess for finding my eye glasses, which fell off at some point in the pit and i didn\'t realize i had lost them until the song was over. bfam\'s always looking out for each other!

and dave, i disagree w/ your johnny b. critique. it left me dancing like i haven\'t danced in ages (looking like a fool, i\'m sure) and capped off the night on a really fun and upbeat note. i should add, however, that i\'m speaking purely from an energy point of view here. i was having so much fun dancing like a lunatic that i really wasn\'t being picky about the quality of the music. i was just feeling the energy... and loving it!

all in all, obviously, it was an amazing night. bfam is no doubt the best around. let\'s keep the energy high!!!! love you all.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 03:57:58 pm »
there was tons of funk there tonight.. great setlist and just fun balls to the wall jams.. so happy we werent at the Webster and so glad i was there. that inverted Rufus after Late and Great was just a continuous smile for me... and a Buquebus encore did me in . and mosh pits taboot!!

I  got my Wild Pack, Elisa got her Mayfly. Thanks Kroop for the ride. thats about it.. so Dave, i guess after your relistening you cant really call what they did a LA Woman tease?..was probably too short and not enough to make it a tease anyway, just sounded like that part of the song..
I dont care if they play Johnny B Goode..good song to rock to make the most of the 5 min they had left, but Tim singing \'Go Timmy GO\'  made me cringe a little.

Oh, and Ellis tryin to put Tims guitar strap back on during Tuneage was pretty entertaining,as well as flipping the lights on and off, and Save tellin the sound guy to not touch his shit (his rig) was pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 04:01:06 pm by DocEllis70 »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;168389
there was tons of funk there tonight.. great setlist and just fun balls to the wall jams.. so happy we werent at the Webster and so glad i was there. that inverted Rufus after Late and Great was just a continuous smile for me... and a Buquebus encore did me in . and mosh pits taboot!!

I  got my Wild Pack, Elisa got her Mayfly. Thanks Kroop for the ride. thats about it..
so Dave, i guess after your relistening you cant really call what they did a LA Woman tease?..was probably too short and not enough to make it a tease anyway, just sounded like that part of the song..
I dont care if they play Johnny B Goode..good song to rock to make the most of the 5 min they had left, but Tim singing \'Go Timmy GO\'  made me cringe a little.

it was close, and i definitely heard it last night, but i\'d say it was more of a \'hint\' than a tease..

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 04:01:43 pm »
but Tim singing \'Go Timmy GO\'  made me cringe a little.

Ha I didn\'t notice that. Must have been too busy having a dance-off with Mike.
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 04:03:49 pm »
Oh, and Ellis tryin to put Tims guitar strap back on during Tuneage was pretty entertaining,as well as flipping the lights on and off, and Save tellin the sound guy to not touch his shit (his rig) was pretty cool too.

yeah that, um, escalated a little bit.. almost got ugly.

psychjosh

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 04:04:27 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168347
"WHY??" moment of the night - buquebus encore. awesome. great version. you can\'t ask for anything more, you shouldn\'t ask for anything more, and you shouldn\'t get anything more. a perfect end to a perfect night, right? *sigh* i\'m sorry, but everything about Johnny B. Goode made me cringe. it was almost like the show was too good, and something shitty just HAD to happen... oh well.

Go Timmy go, go, go...

Another howdilly doodilly moment!
Other than that.. GREAT SHOW!!!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 04:40:48 pm »
mind=blown
Tunage=monster
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 04:41:12 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168395

yeah that, um, escalated a little bit.. almost got ugly.

Spears probably missed last night\'s MMA fights and decided to bring the action to Sully\'s?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 05:45:09 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Dave....

Man, you\'re all over the teasage, the only one I noticed was Funkytown.... and I know I\'m listening, so wtf? Haha

What was the Lou Gehrig thing again? During May Fly right? Yeah, not so sure how that one gets noted in the setlist....

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 05:52:50 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;168415
Thanks for the explanation Dave....

Man, you\'re all over the teasage, the only one I noticed was Funkytown.... and I know I\'m listening, so wtf? Haha

What was the Lou Gehrig thing again? During May Fly right? Yeah, not so sure how that one gets noted in the setlist....

charlie was the only one i got afterwards. everything else i got at the show and i was trying to sort it all out in my head and get it into my phone, while at the same time wolfman was asking me how i keep track of them all, talking to me about link\'s downward thrust, tanooki suits, fatalities, royal lesbians, and popped collars. oh, and there was plenty of alcohol involved as well. :)

:lol: i forgot all bout the Lou Gehrig "tease" though.. i *think* it was may fly.. tim said, "today (day, ay)... i consider myself (self, elf)... the luckiest man (man).. on the face of this earth". (though i don\'t think he said it word for word)..

crossing my fingers for a JFK or MLK tease at the next show. ;)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 05:53:27 pm »
oh, and just for the record, if this TLATG doesn\'t bring you to tears, chances are you don\'t have a soul.

just sayin\'.