Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 13318 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-11-10 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:26:55 am »
I: jam > May Fly Disarray, jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot > Wake Up In A Coma > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky* > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Tunage**

II: Hard Luck Harry^ > Inner Glimpse, Space City Affair > The Late And The Great > Rufus^^ > Over Exposure, Wild Pack Of Asscracks

E: Buquebus, Johnny B. Goode#

* with extended guitar intro.
** with \'Funky Town\' (Lipps, Inc.), \'Sunshine Of Your Love\' (Cream),  \'Charlie\' (Red Hot Chili Peppers), \'Smurfs theme\', and \'Doogie Howser, M.D. theme\' teases.
 ^ with \'Rhapsody In Blue\' (George Gershwin) and \'Scarlet Begonias\' (Grateful Dead) teases.
^^ inverted.
# Chuck Berry cover; first time played.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:41:33 am »
All sorts of heavy hitters and an inverted Rufus?
 Is the place still standing?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:25:00 am »
Slammin show.  Hot trenches.  Monster setlist.  If you gave every setlist a rating based on that year\'s Tournament of Tunes seedings, you couldn\'t create a more highly rated setlist than this.  And believe it or not, looking at all those huge tunes, would you believe that the song of the night was The Late and Great?  Best version I\'ve ever seen for sure.  I didn\'t think that song could bring out the energy that it did.  The ceiling just got raised for TLAG by several floors.  Everything else was butter too.  Especially second set, boy, they didn\'t waste any time when they came back.  Not 3 minutes into Hard Luck Harry they were commanding full control of the entire place.  Now you\'re playing with power.  Breakfast power.    

The low ceiling theory continues to hold true.  They always just kill these rooms with low ceilings.  

When three not-hot lesbians make out together, it\'s like the Kansas City Royals hitting back to back to back home runs; At the end of the day you\'re still not that great, but for that one shining moment there you were pretty cool.

When Link was enabled with the downthrust move in Zelda II, it was the coolest move you could do in a video game.  Then came the Tanooki Suit.  Then came fatalities.

I LOVED getting down with everyone tonight!  Sweet dreams all!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:42:19 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;168333

When Link was enabled with the downthrust move in Zelda II, it was the coolest move you could do in a video game.  Then came the Tanooki Suit.  Then came fatalities.

Wow Wolf.  I\'m simply blown away by this reference.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:31:15 am »
Dave, was Coma inverted? I guess this has always confused me. This one was similar to the Mezzanotte 9/22 version that opened the show I believe, but different from the 8/5/06 version for example, where Adrian started the familiar drum beat, then Tim went into the chords, not that soloing...

Also, Rufus was technically 2nd "section" through the end > beginning, does an inversion have to be middle through the end, then beginning played through where the middle starts (like See The Light inversions)? I have no idea how this wacky stuff works and would love an explanation!

Other than that.....show was INSANE and I don\'t even have words to explain how tight they were tonight. I love that room. HLH > Glimpse was a redonkulous segue, as was TLAG > Rufus > OE. I loved the way they broke up Taboo too. Sick stuff, can\'t wait to hear it again.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:49:05 am »
incredible show. i definitely have a love/hate relationship with sully\'s, but there\'s certainly no better feeling than seeing the breakfast in a packed room, and knowing that you know about 90% of the people there. bfam was most definitely in full effect!

i had a feeling things were gonna get crazy last night during the soundcheck, which started with an \'Ants Marching\' jam, and then headed towards an acid-jazz version of Radiohead\'s \'Creep\'. adrian was playing silly good during the soundcheck, and afterwards said to me, "i\'m gonna have a good night tonight". exactly what i was thinking.

great setlist and execution. i was a little upset in taboo\'s first go-round, as tim was really holding back in the heavy section (the BEST part, imo). i was stoked that they left it and came back. i do love to hate GBFBITS, but another excellent version was played last night. tunage was insane - those are all the teases i recognized at the show, but i have to listen back to see if there were more. wouldn\'t surprise me if there were.

second set was damn near perfect. i *really* wanted OE right after TLATG, but what they did with rufus was great. wild pack?? pfffft! glad it\'s back, it was nuts.

and in the "WHY??" moment of the night - buquebus encore. awesome. great version. you can\'t ask for anything more, you shouldn\'t ask for anything more, and you shouldn\'t get anything more. a perfect end to a perfect night, right? *sigh* i\'m sorry, but everything about Johnny B. Goode made me cringe. it was almost like the show was too good, and something shitty just HAD to happen... oh well.

bill - the inverted coma thing is a weird subject, as it is a song that has had a few makeovers through the years. the slow part with the chords was a later addition to the song. i suppose if you wanted to, you could take the "zone 1" version of the song and say that it\'s the official "published" version, and note your differences based on that one, but like i said, with the changes it\'s gone through, i just chalked it up to being one of the different versions.

as for the rufus inversion, i don\'t know what else to call it. rufus, i guess has 3 sections total, right? but regardless, like you said, it started "mid-song" (read: not at the beginning), went to the end, and back to the beginning, so.....:shrug:

fantastic to see everyone.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:57:26 am »
great googly moogly what a setlist!!!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 11:03:17 am »
the > after hardluck was phenomenal, OE destroyed that place. great energy, so good ellis had to bust out on the house lights. taboo definitely left me hanging at the ser throwdown part, but after a perfect segue into coma i was satisfied. wow. listen to second set, for the love of god, listen to second set
caress me, aunt jemima

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:43:48 am »
i cant believe i didnt go, im such an idiot...this setlist is amazing, i knew i would regret it, fuck.   ill never do that again.

glad everyone had a good time
DS Newbers

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:51 pm »
sounds like an amazing show.   Dave, I really do enjoy your reviews.

Wolfman

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 12:55:51 pm »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 12:58:31 pm »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 01:02:57 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;168361

HAHAHA
DS Newbers

Wolfman

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 01:04:33 pm »
OMG OMG LMFAO

Someone write another show review, quick!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 01:19:56 pm »
\'Charlie\' (RHCP) tease just spotted in tunage..