Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-10-27 - 9th Fonghoulish Freakout:Higher Ground; So. Burlington, VT  (Read 37515 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2007-10-27 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 07:05:30 pm »
also, I made a big mistake by forgetting to snag one of those posters after the show. I\'m almost positive they didn\'t sell out and was wondering if I could still buy one and have it mailed?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 07:55:19 pm »
wow..................wow.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 08:45:35 pm »
wow. :wah:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

MoeDown6Ownage

• IaintNOnewbie
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 08:54:05 pm »
Unbelievable show!!  This was my first freakout and The BreAkfast took me on a psychadelic adventure.  Hope i didn\'t freak anyone out too much with my sailor mask. anyway, lawn boy was epic.  I was really feelin the bouncin around the room.  That was better than any i have seen phish play (and i have seen phish play.)  Gladys was also out of control.  You know its a sick show when you sit around all next day listening to old bfast shows to ride out the post-show high. Thank you gentlemen.  This was also the first show i\'ve seen wit the new keys player. Welcome to the family.  As is my new custom, i brought two newbies to the show last night.  obviously they got owned.  they thanked me multiple times and my buddy ed said, "i havent seen a show like that in a long time." I realy love seeing a newbie get their breakfast cherry popped....i guess im sick like that.  Good to see you all who were there. good times, good times.

ps: sicky posters. props to whom it may concern.

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 09:00:29 pm »
Ooh I almost forgot...the harmonies during SOAM were ree-effing-diculous.  SO well done.
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 09:27:58 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:01:46 pm by Klout »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 09:36:21 pm »
did it sell out?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 09:50:55 pm »
holy shat, i shouldve called in siick for work. im officially kicking my ass right now
break it down, simplify

Caitlindrums

• www.caitlindrums.com
    • http://www.caitlindrums.com
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 10:07:15 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;166249
holy shat, i shouldve called in siick for work. im officially kicking my ass right now

:asskicked

Sounds like I missed a major EVENT!!!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 10:12:19 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;166248
did it sell out?

absolutely not.

Quote from: Klout;166247

HAhahaha! what a pic.

Quote from: deevahgrl;166245
Ooh I almost forgot...the harmonies during SOAM were ree-effing-diculous.  SO well done.

no doubt. also, the end of Squirming Coil was euphoric.. Adrian belted that high note and I forgot it was The Breakfast.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:12:19 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 10:22:58 pm »
monumental show last night. i\'m literally still in shock and trying to make sense of everything that happened.

the buquebus opener was a pretty ballsy statement, but basically hinted that the show was going to be absolutely ridiculous. i don\'t think that i have actually seen the breakfast open with buquebus before.. buquebus>stl>buquebus>sos got the crowd going real quick.. i\'m glad that son of simpleton made it into the setlist of at least one of the shows this weekend.

as nervous as i was about the band covering lawnboy, i gotta say that they fucking nailed it. each song was played so amazingly.. reba+soam were obvious highlights. i didn\'t really see the point at first, but i guess splitting the album over 2 sets guaranteed that there would still be a pretty packed crowd after set break. shit got pretty crazy during bathtub>antelope. i definitely lost my shit but wasn\'t too embarrassed as i realized that everyone around me had pretty much lost their minds as well.

fft was alright..gladys was HUGE.
the tony clifton/mike gordon encore was fantastic.

not that i have ever really thought about it, but i never imagined that i would have a conversation with mike gordon while dressed like blanche from the golden girls. that was something special.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:29:28 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

cheezenug

Yes!
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 10:26:08 pm »
without going into great detail i would like to say that, that was awesome.  Defiantly the most fun i\'ve had at a show in a loooong time.  I do have about 70 pictures that i will put somewhere on the net and will let you all know where they are when i finally regain some of the energy that was sucked outa\' me this weekend.  Fluffhead man... i have a good picture of you and chances are, if you were at the show, i have one of you too.  Thanks to all of you who showed up and made this such a fun experience and certainly, thank you Breakfast and Mike.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 11:04:25 pm »
i love blanche!
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 11:04:51 pm »
looks and sounds like it was epic and cant wait to hear it and see more pics so i can regret not going even more..serves me right.   glad ya had fun people, and welcome aboard here Cheezenug
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

cheezenug

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 11:21:15 pm »
nice pic heavs better than any pic i got of the B