Author Topic: Movie Suggestions  (Read 107874 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;220208
Quote from: FrankZappa;220204
anyone who questions the academies abilities just consider that I already have 2 emmies and I\'m up for a 3rd and possibly 4th this year.

obviously they know talent when they see it. :lol:

?????????????????????????????????????????????

2 for sportscenter already um, 04 and 05, or 05 and 06, something like that. I\'m also up for one on a jim mckay piece I worked on this year and there might be another one... I think that was just internal to work though.

doesn\'t matter though, the statues are expensive. no point in buying one.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

peaches626

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #466 on: February 20, 2009, 12:45:14 am »
can\'t remember if anyone\'s mentioned Michael Clayton....

i\'m sure somebody has, but i just watched it again and , wow!  just really well done all around i thought- had my heart pumpin for a minute
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #467 on: March 04, 2009, 02:24:18 am »
In Bruges

In Martin McDonagh\'s dark comedy, after accidentally killing an innocent boy in London, hit men Ray (Colin Farrell, in a Golden Globe-winning role) and Ken (Brendan Gleeson) are sent by their boss, Harry (Ralph Fiennes), to lay low in Bruges, Belgium. Uncomfortable in this foreign city, the two professional killers meet ecletic characters (including a drug-dealing beauty, a little person actor and a pregnant hotel owner) and soon get into trouble.

I liked this movie more than I thought I would.  The ads made it looks more like a straight forward comedy, but it\'s more than that.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #468 on: March 04, 2009, 08:32:42 am »
^^^ sounds interesting.

Might be the next Netflix.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2009, 11:27:56 pm »
Watchmen

Very long (just shy of 3hrs) but a great movie.  Very entertaining lots of action, some brutal violence, even a love story.  I def enjoyed it.  Just pee before you go in the theater.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:35:44 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

peaches626

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #470 on: March 09, 2009, 11:38:49 pm »
Quote from: Me!;222438
Watchmen

Very long (just shy of 3hrs) but a great movie.  Very entertaining lots of action, some brutal violence, even a love story.  I def enjoyed it.  Just pee before you go in the theater.

interesting.

i\'ve heard from two different people ( who i may or may not trust their opinions on films) that i shouldn\'t even bother seeing this movie...

may give it a go on your recommendation mr. me!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #471 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:16 pm »
My roommate won\'t give it a rest. He read the entire comic recently and became obsessed with Watchmen basically overnight. Needless to say, he has grown my interest. I can\'t believe that\'s not Robert Downey Jr. in those ads I see everywhere?!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #472 on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:51 am »
And from what I hear there is some nice Malin Ackerman nudity....?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #473 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:19 am »
Quote from: peaches626;222439
Quote from: Me!;222438
Watchmen

interesting.

i\'ve heard from two different people ( who i may or may not trust their opinions on films) that i shouldn\'t even bother seeing this movie...

may give it a go on your recommendation mr. me!

Very long movie.  It wasn\'t a bad movie, but it didn\'t really do it for me either.  I have a feeling that if I had read the book I would have enjoyed the movie much more.  Too much hopping around and backstory.  Great character development, but the plot left something to be desired.

Quote from: Vassillios;222473
And from what I hear there is some nice Malin Ackerman nudity....?

YES SIR!  Took me forever to realize who she was

http://api.ning.com/files/W13YKuB9DvEJ-GVpySU8k7ckY8JShXR*4JsQ5484FvU_/MalinAkerman.bmp
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:01:52 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #474 on: March 10, 2009, 12:09:56 pm »
i can\'t remember the last time i sat through a movie that long. i enjoyed it, i just wish that i had read the book. i\'ve still kind of had the film in mind for the last few days and can\'t really come to a final decision on whether or not i thought it just had too much going on. the cast was excellent and malin ackerman = beautiful.

also, i really thought that danny bonaduce was in this movie lol.

tyzack

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #475 on: March 10, 2009, 01:08:32 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;222490
i can\'t remember the last time i sat through a movie that long. i enjoyed it, i just wish that i had read the book. i\'ve still kind of had the film in mind for the last few days and can\'t really come to a final decision on whether or not i thought it just had too much going on. the cast was excellent and malin ackerman = beautiful.

also, i really thought that danny bonaduce was in this movie lol.

lord of the rings?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Mamalakabubadaya

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2009, 01:25:40 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;222502

lord of the rings?

never saw it :P

tyzack

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #477 on: March 10, 2009, 01:34:08 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;222505
Quote from: tyzack;222502

lord of the rings?

never saw it :P

gettysburg is the only other uber long movie that comes to mind...

oh, yeah, actually, has anyone seen Che or know if it is still playing?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #478 on: March 10, 2009, 04:10:25 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;222507
oh, yeah, actually, has anyone seen Che or know if it is still playing?

I\'m skeptical about this movie.  Any isight from someone that\'s seen it would be great.  Is this a true biography or is it slanted to put Che in a good light.  His early years (as chronicled in The Motorcycle Diaries) were tollerable, but he really wasn\'t a good person towards the later part of his life.  I\'ll probably see this, but I get frustrated because I see the younger generations wearing Che shirts without knowing what he was all about.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Me!

• life got in the way
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2009, 11:00:22 pm »
oh and btw: the music in watchmen is def great.  Loved the way they paired it with the on screen visuals.  esp during the love scene.

Quote from: NickNels;222488
YES SIR!  Took me forever to realize who she was

tell me about it, it was irritating me throughout the movie "where the hell do I know her from?" A friend had to tell me after the fact.  Her mom was also Vince\'s agent on Entourage after they fired Ari.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:03:20 pm by Me! »