Author Topic: Movie Suggestions  (Read 107826 times)

StringerBell

• MY NAME IS MY NAME
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:46 pm »
I will suggest Love In The Time of Money.. Great indie with an HBO heavy cast. Trust, if you watched any of the big shows on HBO over the past few years, you will def. see some familiar faces..

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2008, 10:43:48 am »
Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger,Brokeback mountain)is doing a movie in upstate NY called \'Taking Woodstock\' about the people who put the fest on and got the permits and changed American culture, and I went up and got a role as an extra doing a \'prayer circle\' and cant go to the fucking shooting of the scene today because noone can switch hours with me at work. Bullshit. And the casting called last night and said its the peak and biggest scene in the movie  and that it is really important i try to make it. Meanwhile last Friday, my friend Zach who many of you know, also got an extra part (its being filmed by his house) and they chose him out of like 500 people to be experiencing a bad acid trip while the two main actors (Emile Hirsch from Into the Wild and Liev Schreiber) dialogue over him.. Ang Lee (who was rockin a Mets hat) sprayed his face with water to make him look sweaty. Im really pissed i cant get up there today to do the shoot, get paid, and be a part of something this cool. My luck it wins an Oscar. Anyway, I suggest the movie, it comes out in 09.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:48:05 am by DocEllis70 »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:39 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;202878
Ang Lee is doing a movie in upstate NY called \'Taking Woodstock\' and I went up and got a role as an extra doing a \'prayer circle\' and cant go to the fucking shooting of the scene today because noone can switch hours with me at work. Bullshit. And the casting called last night and said its the peak and biggest scene in the movie  and that it is really important i try to make it. Meanwhile last Friday, my friend Zach who many of you know, also got an extra part (its being filmed by his house) and they chose him out of like 500 people to be experiencing a bad acid trip while the two main actors (Emile Hirsch from Into the Wild and Liev Schreiber) dialogue over him.. Ang Lee (who was rockin a Mets hat) sprayed his face with water to make him look sweaty. Im really pissed i cant get up there today to do the shoot, get paid, and be a part of something this cool. My luck it wins an Oscar. Anyway, I suggest the movie, it comes out in 09.

Man that stinks!  You should be punchin\' your co-workers in their stupid faces.

inthewhitelodge

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2008, 10:48:37 am »
Quote from: Whathefunk;165324
classics:
easy rider
deer hunter
clockwork orange
apocolypse now
blue velvet

recent favorites:
i heart huckabees
life aquatic with steve zissou (or anything from Wes Anderson i.e. Rushmore, the Royal Tenembaums)
science of sleep
mulholland drive
stranger than fiction
closer
finding neverland

*Applause*

I see a David Lynch fan admist..hooooooray
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2008, 10:54:40 am »
Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger,Brokeback mountain)is doing a movie in upstate NY called \'Taking Woodstock\' about the people who put the fest on and got the permits and changed American culture, and I went up and got a role as an extra doing a \'prayer circle\' and cant go to the fucking shooting of the scene today because noone can switch hours with me at work. Bullshit. And the casting called last night and said its the peak and biggest scene in the movie  and that it is really important i try to make it. Meanwhile last Friday, my friend Zach who many of you know, also got an extra part (its being filmed by his house) and they chose him out of like 500 people to be experiencing a bad acid trip while the two main actors (Emile Hirsch from Into the Wild and Liev Schreiber) dialogue over him.. Ang Lee (who was rockin a Mets hat) sprayed his face with water to make him look sweaty. Im really pissed i cant get up there today to do the shoot, get paid, and be a part of something this cool. My luck it wins an Oscar. Anyway, I suggest the movie, it comes out in 09.

I actually met the guy who wrote the book at BookExpo in NYC last year before know what the book was about.  It\'s a good book.  Basically the final 3rd of it is about Woodstock and the first 2/3rds is basically about him coming to grips with his homosexuality and his affairs in the 60s with various men.  Not sure with angle Lee is going to take with it, but if Brokeback is any indication, I\'m sure that it will have a heavy dose of both stories.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2008, 11:21:49 am »

Awesome opportunity, shit outcome. Great for your friend though. What was the auditioning process like to book a bad trip?? That\'s hilarious.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SlimPickens

• just the tip
My buddy, My buddy, wherever I go he brutally kills people
« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2008, 12:44:21 pm »

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/11/chucky-cloned-takes-manhattan-misses-old-new-york-et-al/
To celebrate the 20th anniversary DVD of Child’s Play, a gang of Chuckys brandishing butcher knives and axes were unleashed in Times Square. Did any of our readers karate kick one? Do tell below. On a previous /Filmcast, we joked that the planned Child’s Play remake would feature Chucky as a real boy instead of a dated My Buddy doll, but this is twice creepy. Shades of David Cronenberg’s The Brood. And maybe it’s me, but in a few of the photos from the London Paper, one of the Chuckys is kinda hefty. Missing yuppies?

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2008, 02:42:21 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;202899

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/11/chucky-cloned-takes-manhattan-misses-old-new-york-et-al/
To celebrate the 20th anniversary DVD of Child’s Play, a gang of Chuckys brandishing butcher knives and axes were unleashed in Times Square. Did any of our readers karate kick one? Do tell below. On a previous /Filmcast, we joked that the planned Child’s Play remake would feature Chucky as a real boy instead of a dated My Buddy doll, but this is twice creepy. Shades of David Cronenberg’s The Brood. And maybe it’s me, but in a few of the photos from the London Paper, one of the Chuckys is kinda hefty. Missing yuppies?

That\'s not right.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2008, 02:58:33 pm »
Quote from: phirehead;202916
That\'s not right.

Hmmmm, short axe weilding red heads.  Relatives of yours?

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2008, 03:02:43 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;202920
Quote from: phirehead;202916
That\'s not right.

Hmmmm, short axe weilding red heads.  Relatives of yours?

Axes are for pussies. We use machetes.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:32 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;202899

is that dsnumbers?

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2008, 04:33:56 pm »

aww...bum deal jon. That would have been really cool.   I have always wanted to be an extra in a movie, but i think im too short
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2008, 04:45:01 pm »
c\'mon alli, not w/ that attitude, there\'s always:

or

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:45:01 pm by Igziabeher »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2008, 05:39:25 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli;202946
I have always wanted to be an extra in a movie, but i think im too short
You\'d be surprised just how short most celebrities are. 5 to 5-8 is the average from people I\'ve seen in person.

except for basketball players. They are freaking huge.

Also, go see burn after reading. :lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2008, 07:16:04 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;202952
Quote from: sallyalli;202946
I have always wanted to be an extra in a movie, but i think im too short

You\'d be surprised just how short most celebrities are. 5 to 5-8 is the average from people I\'ve seen in person.

except for basketball players. They are freaking huge.

Also, go see burn after reading. :lol:

My friends and I sat around trying to guess actor\'s heights one night and were way off a lot of the time. Hollywood is fucking short! I think Will Ferrel (6\'3") and Vince Vaughn (6\'5") were the tallest of the bunch.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash