Author Topic: Movie Suggestions  (Read 107810 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2008, 02:39:07 pm »
So...ummm...movies?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2008, 04:30:09 pm »
Next up in my queue is Lars and the Real Girl.  Actually, it arrived yesterday, so I\'ll probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2008, 05:51:17 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;189182
Quote from: lilblondie;189178

just wait until i see you on saturday night...you better watch out for my boney lil elbow that might come your way :)

Can\'t we have a GTB show that doesn\'t result in violence?  Sheesh.

maybe when its not at the corner pocket...

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2008, 05:58:38 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;189210
Next up in my queue is Lars and the Real Girl.  Actually, it arrived yesterday, so I\'ll probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

I can\'t bear to part from season one of "Jericho" on my NetFlix account right now, and by the time I\'m done season three of "****s" will be available. But Lars and the Real Girl" is buried in my queue somewhere. Looks interesting.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

ulee

• Psygned in
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2008, 07:13:59 pm »
< back to:  Forgetting Sarah Marshall >

Quote from: Vassillios;188236
Yes that movie was hilarious. Def worth checking out in the theater.

The english dude was the best character.

Alvus Snow was great.  Saw this last night and loved it.  So many classic lines!
 Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Knocked Up which got very few laughs from me.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2008, 07:56:51 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;189223

I can\'t bear to part from season one of "Jericho" on my NetFlix account right now, and by the time I\'m done season three of "****s" will be available. But Lars and the Real Girl" is buried in my queue somewhere. Looks interesting.

Lars and the Real Girl was great.  I really enjoyed it.

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2008, 10:45:04 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;189222
Quote from: wildcoyote;189182
Quote from: lilblondie;189178

just wait until i see you on saturday night...you better watch out for my boney lil elbow that might come your way :)

Can\'t we have a GTB show that doesn\'t result in violence?  Sheesh.

maybe when its not at the corner pocket...

nope we all escaped unharmed this time...it was nothing short of a miracle....

Quote from: SlimPickens;189363
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;189223

Lars and the Real Girl was great.  I really enjoyed it.

it was good to see you Saturday!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to watch this movie...have you ever seen him in Half Nelson? He should have won the Academy Award for it...but i think it went to Leo that year...i cant remember but it was awesome and you would totally dig it! Happy Monday!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:45:04 am by lilblondie »
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;189383

it was good to see you Saturday!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to watch this movie...have you ever seen him in Half Nelson? He should have won the Academy Award for it...but i think it went to Leo that year...i cant remember but it was awesome and you would totally dig it! Happy Monday!

It was good to see you too lil\'b.  I came close to renting 1/2 Nelson a few months back, but didn\'t.  I\'ll add it to the queue based on your recommendation.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2008, 01:15:42 am »
Super High Me.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2008, 08:42:53 am »
Quote from: leith;189494
Super High Me.

Ha!  Looks great.  Added to the queue.  But I have to wait until June.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2008, 09:31:01 am »
Just saw a chick flick with my mom yesterday. Pretty decent.  Slight black comedy.  It\'s called "Then she found me".  Directed by Helen Hunt.  I think its only playing in small theaters like Criterion.

tyzack

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2008, 10:05:49 am »
Over The Top

Harry Bosco: My whole body is an engine. This is a fireplug
[makes a fist]
Harry Bosco: ... and I\'m gonna light him up.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2008, 10:59:46 am »
Has anyone watched \'Five Days\'? It was a mini-series (5 episodes) put on by HBO in the UK. We watched the first episode a couple nights ago. I think it\'s too early to form an opinion on it yet but it seems like its going to be really good once I watch them all. Here is a brief description of the story:

While buying flowers at a roadside stand, a mother disappears, leaving her two young children waiting in her car. Soon, the kids set off to find their mother, but they go missing as well, and an epic police investigation ensues. HBO and BBC team up for this gripping miniseries, which depicts the saga on five separate days throughout the search. The cast includes David Oyelowo as the distraught husband and Hugh Bonneville as the chief detective.

I feel as if the story is going to have more to do with the characters dealing with the situation than how/why she disappeared.

The other two movies on their way are \'La Commare Secca\' (I\'m guessing this is similar to \'Rashomon\', which was really good)

Bernardo Bertolucci\'s debut film centers on the murder investigation of a Roman prostitute in a riverside park. One by one, the police interrogate the individuals who were in the park at the time of the murder, hoping the killer is among them. The film focuses on each suspect\'s version of the night of the murder, intercut with scenes from the prostitute\'s last day alive. Giancarlo de Rosa, Vincenzo Ciccora, Alvaro D\'Ercola and Romano Labate star.

and \'The Tunnel\'

Set in the 1960s, decades before the fall of the infamous Berlin Wall, The Tunnel chronicles one of the most daring escapes to freedom. East German championship swimmer Harry Melchior\'s (Heino Ferch) defection entailed willpower and a forged passport. But to get his sister Lotte and others out, he has to team up with a motley crew to dig a 145-yard tunnel to East Berlin -- and, of course, ferry everyone back to safety.
Smell my mule.

tyzack

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:36 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;189520

and \'The Tunnel\'

Set in the 1960s, decades before the fall of the infamous Berlin Wall, The Tunnel chronicles one of the most daring escapes to freedom. East German championship swimmer Harry Melchior\'s (Heino Ferch) defection entailed willpower and a forged passport. But to get his sister Lotte and others out, he has to team up with a motley crew to dig a 145-yard tunnel to East Berlin -- and, of course, ferry everyone back to safety.

I want to watch that.

Other movies I heard about in the future, both actually, start Leonardo DiCapripo

1.) They did filming for a movie about him after he returns home from WWII and goes crazy; flashing back to concentration camps and the war, etc (the concentration camp and war scenes were shot in Tauton, MA in april).  I don\'t know the name of it or when it will come out.

2.) A 2-part live action version of Akira.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:53 am »
We plan on watching the Tunnel tonight so I\'ll let you know how it is.

Quote from: tyzack;189823
2.) A 2-part live action version of Akira.

I just added Akira to my Netflix queue over the weekend. I remember watching it a bunch as a kid when they would play it early Saturday mornings. It\'s def been too long since I\'ve seen it.
Smell my mule.