Author Topic: RC: Project/Object @ The Webster Theatre - This Wed. 10/10  (Read 2224 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
RC: Project/Object @ The Webster Theatre - This Wed. 10/10
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 01:19:29 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;162991
i read the letter the Pony recieved friday night when i was there.

i see the SP site doesn\'t have them listed, and has another band instead.

PO\'s website still has all dates.

webster/rev hall/lion\'s den sites still have them listed...

hum..

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 01:24:30 pm »
fuck gail zappa.
caress me, aunt jemima

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 01:39:18 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;162987
make suer this show is still on.  they are cancelling shows all over.  venues are recieving letters from Zappa Inc. that they will be sued if they allow P/O to perform on thier stage.  i read the letter.  

Zappa Inc.  says P/O is not an authorized band and is nnot supposed to be playing.(but didnt Murphy Brock just do shows with Zappa Plays Zappa?)

Quote from: wiredchicken;162991
i read the letter the Pony recieved friday night when i was there.

Wow, Gail Zappa is a greedy whore. Apparantly she is more concerned about getting richer (off of FZ\'s art) than she is concerned with the world hearing Frank\'s great musical masterpieces.

she should not be allowed to get away with this type of shit.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 01:39:18 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 01:51:28 pm »
from eric slick\'s mom:

Hi, Dave (is this Dave D?):

Well, as far as I know, the only venue in question was the Stone Pony because they are a Live Nation venue...all of the others have ASCAP rights and sorry, no lawsuit can hurt them.

This is really fucked up and mean spirited, you know? I take it personally because I\'m going to be honest here...I was a total British blues/rock person who grew up in the seventies hating Frank Zappa cos\' the only song they played even on underground radio was "that one about dental floss". When Eric and Julie came home from Rock School and said they were doing a Zappa show, I said "Ewww...what has Paul Green done, lost his mind?" But then Eric started playing Frank\'s music for me...songs like City of Tiny Lights and Andie and Zomby Woof and I went out of my mind...I never heard such wonderful compositions in my life and became a diehard fan ten years after Frank\'s death.

It was via bands like Project Object that I got to experience what I\'d missed...and they are passing the torch to a whole younger generation.

I feel sorry for Gail. She obviously has way too much time on her hands. She should out protesting the war or something really important...not the pennies that she might be losing on a P/O tour.

Anyway, I will check with Eric and Andre and let you know the status ASAP.

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 02:02:16 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;162987
make suer this show is still on.  they are cancelling shows all over.  venues are recieving letters from Zappa Inc. that they will be sued if they allow P/O to perform on thier stage.  i read the letter.  

Zappa Inc.  says P/O is not an authorized band and is nnot supposed to be playing.(but didnt Murphy Brock just do shows with Zappa Plays Zappa?)

yeah, I heard shit about this in the past...Gail Zappa gettin\' her panties all in a bunch, probably especially due her son\'s "Zappa Plays Zappa" tour (which is also in-fuckin-credible, saw it 2x).

Gfunk

• Papa^
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 02:11:15 pm »
She acts like she is the one who worte the music, but the fact is she doesn\'t know shit about music she is just a groupie that managed to get Frank to marry her, so now she thinks she is entitled to every penny that is made off of FZ.

http://tinyurl.com/22n3ny
Frank Zappa\'s Wife Threatens Musicians\' Collective; Fan Club Responds
July 25, 2007

This Saturday, the city of Berlin will dedicate a street to the memory of Frank Zappa. But Gail Zappa, wife of the late rock iconoclast, has threatened to sue the musicians\' collective behind the naming unless Germany\'s formally-chartered Zappa fan club withdraws from the event.

A letter from a Dusseldorf law firm accuses Arf-Society e.V. (the fan club) of exploiting the street dedication for its own purposes, and of copyright violations and other rights infringements. The letter also contends that Gail Zappa did not know about the street-naming, and that she should have been contacted for approval.

In response, Thomas Dippel, Arf-Society chairperson, released the following statement:
"With great dismay and surprise, Arf-Society – organizer of biggest known Zappa festival in the world for the last 18 years – must take note of Gail Zappa\'s effort to prevent our participation in the inauguration of Frank-Zappa-Street in Berlin.

"How this all came about: Acting on a proposal by the ORWOhaus musicians\' collective, the Marzahn-Hellersdorf district board approved renaming \'Road 13\' as \'Frank-Zappa-Strasse\', the first street in Germany named for a rock musician. This major recognition of Frank pleased us greatly, of course. We immediately contacted ORWOhaus to assure them of our help in any way we could.

"When Ahmet Zappa [Zappa\'s second son] was in Berlin on November 6, 2006, publicizing his first book, members of ORWOhaus invited him to take part in the preparations and the event itself. By making contact with the Zappa family, ORWOhaus hoped to spark a dialog about plans for the event. The family never responded to these overtures.

"So, Arf-Society began to help by contacting Zappa tribute band \'Sheik Yerbouti\', and by arranging the participation of Napoleon Murphy Brock, revered Zappa band member and star of last year\'s Zappa Plays Zappa tour. In fact, Arf-Society is paying half of Mr. Brock\'s travel expenses, which enables ORWOhaus to put a serious representation of Zappa\'s music on stage for the celebration, despite a very limited budget.

"But then ORWOhaus received a letter from Thomas Schmitz, of the Dusseldorf law firm Reiman Osterreith Kohler Haft, dated July 10, 2007, saying that they were retained to represent the legal interests of Gail Zappa and her children after press releases saying that Arf-Society would be involved in the street-naming. Gail Zappa would sue because Arf-Society \'is constantly violating her trademark rights and copyrights, and exploiting the artistic heritage of Frank Zappa. Our client will under no circumstances put up with that Society taking publicity from the street renaming for their own purpose.\'

"These groundless accusations hurt us deeply, as we have strived for almost two decades to honor and preserve Frank Zappa\'s musical heritage. Long before 2004, we repeatedly invited Gail Zappa and her family to work together with us, especially since they would profit from our work promoting Frank\'s legacy. Yet, Gail Zappa\'s only answer reads:  \'If you want to play with me, you have to play it by my rules!\' She has also threatened other Zappa tribute bands and artists with restraining orders for quite some time."

"Mrs Zappa, we protest explicitly against the unwarrented claims you raised. As Frank would have asked, are you \'only in it for the money?\'"

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 03:22:04 pm »
Sickening.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 05:43:26 pm »
at least gail constantly releases widely sought after rare epic performances of Zappa/MOI remastered with great liner notes several times a year....
caress me, aunt jemima

Gfunk

• Papa^
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:17 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;163060
at least gail constantly releases widely sought after rare epic performances of Zappa/MOI remastered with great liner notes several times a year....

Yeah that is a good point. It just seems like she could give two shits about the music. Esp if someone other then her might be making money off of it. I just think (some of) the ex band members  get the shaft from gail
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:49:44 pm by Gfunk »

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 05:52:38 pm »
she could totally bank by starting a live phish or dicks picks zappa equivalent
caress me, aunt jemima

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 09:20:27 pm »
Ike Willis deserves to play the music and he is like the longest running member of zappas band and was told to continue playing the music by mr Frank himself.

as he said at the Rams Head in Baltimore during \'Titties and Beer\'...  \'youre not the Devil..ive seen the Devil and i worked for her husband a few yers ago\'.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 09:27:04 pm »
so its gonna be ike and napoleon? yikes!
caress me, aunt jemima

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:09 am »
Quote from: davepeck;162982
Quote from: Mark;162980
I have a handful of free tix if anyone wants them. I won\'t be there.

mark - i\'ll definitely take you up on that, if.......

the yankees lose tonight. if they win, i am OUT for this show, and will most likely head up to troy on thursday night..

just realized that..
7 tix available. Sorry about the Yanks. I knew when Wang was starting-3 days rest, never been done before, it was desperation and it was over.  Moose would have got it done. I also heard it was the front office that overruled Torre, and now they are hanging him out to dry. Sad.

Let me know if you still want them.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
Quote from: Mark;163141
Quote from: davepeck;162982
Quote from: Mark;162980
I have a handful of free tix if anyone wants them. I won\'t be there.

mark - i\'ll definitely take you up on that, if.......

the yankees lose tonight. if they win, i am OUT for this show, and will most likely head up to troy on thursday night..

just realized that..
7 tix available. Sorry about the Yanks. I knew when Wang was starting-3 days rest, never been done before, it was desperation and it was over.  Moose would have got it done. I also heard it was the front office that overruled Torre, and now they are hanging him out to dry. Sad.

Let me know if you still want them.

count me in for 2. let me know how/when i can get them from you. thanks!

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 11:17:41 am »
pissed the only venue not having the show isd the Pony.  fucking figures.