Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-10-06 - Osiris Café; Ansonia, CT  (Read 6394 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2007-10-06 - Osiris Café; Ansonia, CT
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »
Yep definitely a fun night out.

The sound issues seemed to plague most of the show though. In particular Tim seemed distracted by it all, but apparently took several moments to repeatedly find that Zen place. I think the show suffered because of it musically, but the crowd singing the end of See The Light showed how , shit happens, but we\'re still gonna have a great time!

GBFBITS.... ohh , it could have been soooo much more, but alas this was the height of sound-related distraction.

I felt like the show totally made a comeback to SERness by the time Mayfly came around. But then WTF, that was the last song?? I was ready for another set.... and that cake was just starting to kick in hard lol

Well I\'m looking forward to Iron Horse because I know at least they have solid sound equipment that won\'t crap out.

The HIGHLIGHT of the night for me was Preston totally ripping that double-bass.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 05:36:52 pm »
The HLH->See The Light was really really goo, with ALOT of textured layering.  Obviously the aforementioned reggae-ish breakdown was a higpoint of the show.  It is too bad about the problems, because it really did lose alot of people when it was realized that the problems were serious and prob wouldn\'t be fixed all that quick..It was great to see the guys soldier on like true professionals, but at the same time it started to get a little painful to watch.  You just feel so bad for the guys when there is just nothing working.  

Nothing really peaked my interest until Ad\'s solo, he really brought the heat.  The MayFly saw the return to the level of improv/playing that the HLH->STL had achieved, nice way to close the night.  I had a great time and that cake was GOOD!  

Def not enjoying the fact that I stoppped and got a Big Mac extra value meal LARGE size AND a 10 pc nugget at 3am...eeewwww!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 06:06:37 pm »
Jesus how big was this cake? Maybe the speakers got into it and couldn\'t hang...
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 06:06:49 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;162906
Def not enjoying the fact that I stoppped and got a Big Mac extra value meal LARGE size AND a 10 pc nugget at 3am...eeewwww!

...and you wonder why you\'re too fat for a tandem bike. ;)

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 07:21:59 pm »
HAHAHAHa...pfffft!!!

I felt very bad about myself the second i took the last bite, but it tasted SO GOOD, damn Cake!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 10:37:35 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;162910
Jesus how big was this cake? Maybe the speakers got into it and couldn\'t hang...

There were like 4 batches. We threw a nice little party last night...thanks for the huge turnout again. PB = Ownage. Maddog Murphy = greatest bassist I\'ve ever seen.

Rock.
One way or another this darkness got to give...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 11:48:06 pm »
Am I the only one who did not eat cake?

WTF?

I don\'t even think I was at the same show.

Can anyone confirm I was there?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:48:06 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

peaches626

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 01:17:43 am »
The energy level in Osiris cafe was electric as the Breakfast got on stage. It was like everyone KNEW it was gonna be a big night.  Hardluck was amaaaazing, and jamming into See The Light made me believe with all my heart that I was gonna finish the night with drool on my shirt and feces in my pants.

Unfortunately, a pooped out system saved my wardrobe.

If the crowd singing the words to STL was the only sound problem of the night it would have been a classic moment in an amazing show... but having to watch Tim fuddle with all his pedals to figure out what the hell was goin on at the beginning of GBFBITS was frustrating for both peformer and audience alike.  Fortunately, it probably will not sound as bad on disk as it felt for me standing there, realizing the band was frustrated and tryin to figure out their shit, and not being able to just play how they wanted to play.  Get ready for a unique opening jam to Fiery ball, first time listeners.

Personally, I was hoping they would just say, "Fuck it, no vocals for the rest of the night, we\'re just gonna rage through all the instrumentals we know...."  and then pounce through eppy 1, spunk, coma, and a monster scheme... but apparently the band didn\'t feel the same way.  Cut me some slack was cool, but not mind blowing, superfly was cooler and, tho rough around the edges, had a sweet jam that got the crowd movin.  And Mayfly was wacky and bad ass at different times...

All in all, a good night - a little frustration band-aided by some sweet jams (highlighted by hardluck, imo) and some heady cake.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:58 am »
Quote from: Spacey;162942
Am I the only one who did not eat cake?

WTF?

I don\'t even think I was at the same show.

Can anyone confirm I was there?

I think I saw you there.

jefmcc

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 10:46:29 am »
Awesome show guys.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 11:41:34 am »
Incredible night of music.

GLB=Wow!! Ser beyond belief!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 02:20:05 pm »
were all the sets taped?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 03:15:17 pm »
By Ken, yes.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

jefmcc

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 10:26:14 am »
Quote from: Spacey;163019
were all the sets taped?

Yeah, he had the discs last night.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »
Quote from: jefmcc;163149
Quote from: Spacey;163019
were all the sets taped?

Yeah, he had the discs last night.

anice.