Author Topic: Jambands abroad??? What about us Brits?!!!!  (Read 6056 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Jambands abroad??? What about us Brits?!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2003, 09:56:32 am »
hey paul,have you ever heard the lemon song?id say thats pretty funny..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2003, 10:52:06 am »
freddie, you and I have 2 COMPLETELY different ideas of humor.

You must die laughting every time you hear the wanton song and whole lotta love.

"she squeezed me so hard, I swear I fell right outa\' bed!"
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2003, 03:27:41 pm »
Ahhh this is my type of thread!!!!  Hey welcome to PBFANS.com!!!!  Yes radiohead is weak and wolfman if you want psychedelic please PM me and I\'ll hook you up big time!!!

BoomBox, seriously I wish I could just hang around in Canterbury!!   How is the music scene there?  

I\'ll say it again, if you want to hear why Radiohead are rip off artists go buy some Can cds!!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2003, 03:51:56 pm »
Finally someone who knows of Can !! Joe u rock. Can is THE MOST underated of the "krautrock" bands. These guys were experimental to the fullest. They went on stage and just started playing. No setlist of what to play just start and see what happens. If u want intricate writing and pure mayhem mixed perfectly it\'s all in the CAN.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2003, 04:05:47 pm »
This is great, I love when people get all fired up over my ridiculous comments.  I love to stir the pot.  Keep it comin!

Did I mention that the Beatles are nothing more than an overrated 60\'s version of N*Sync?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2003, 04:28:52 pm »
Yes Leith I\'m a huuuuge Krautrock fan... Can, Faust, Nektar, Passport etc etc.... As far as I\'m concerned the Cantenbury scene and the Krautrock scene were the two most innovated rock scenes of all time....  If only I could go back in time.....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2003, 04:41:11 pm »
Wolf u tread towards blasphemy :(

Joe since we can not travel physically in time, the recorded work of these artists is important. Even those bisco tapes should be preserved just so others can compare good to bad. Think, if America was truly as open-minded as we like to believe we are, all of those "scenes" in Europe may have had more of an effect on our music and the jamscene would be Mainsteam. Food 4 Thought Cheeew oooon that :)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003, 05:12:55 pm »
Well, I seem to have opened a real can of worms here. I agree, bands do not always have to be fun and comic, but I\'ve seen a few bands and met a few well known musicians who do seem to have forgotten why they got into music in the first place.

Just my tuppence ha\'peny worth.

As for Can and Gong/Canterbury scene, you guys need to check out Sharing the Groove - been some great Can and Gong shows recently offered.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2003, 05:14:33 pm »
Joe, what do you mean? You\'ll hook wolfamn up with some psychedlia big time? What you got??? Interested in a trade with someone "across the pond"?
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

psychjosh

supply and demand
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 03:31:48 pm »
We would LOVE to come abroad and get freaky with you guys!

Right now it\'s a matter of supply and demand!

If you can help rally fans abroad and help us get into the ears of all those Psychedelic Brits perhaps a buyer would be into sending the band across the Atlantic.

Unfortunately we can\'t afford to send ourselves on "European Vactation" so we need to increase the awareness in that market before we can get over there!

peace!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2003, 09:53:30 am »
psy·che·del·ic [ skə déllik ]

adjective  

1. relating to hallucinogenic drugs: used to describe, or relating to or caused by, drugs that generate hallucinations, abnormal psychic states, or states that resemble psychiatric disorders

2. overloading the senses: weird, distorted, wildly colorful, or otherwise resembling images or sounds experienced by somebody under the influence of a psychedelic drug

noun  (plural psychedelics)