Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-29 - The Terrace @ University of Wisconsin; Madison, WI  (Read 9781 times)

melanie

• http://
Setlist: 2007-09-29 - The Terrace @ University of Wisconsin; Madison, WI
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 03:35:15 pm »
this venue was really amazing with the lake complete with sailboats, as the backdrop.  

next time i beg to use someone\'s laptop at 4:22am please say NO :)

and jump was fun!  especially for all the *older* folks (parents?  people helping out for the show?) sitting in the back - everyone was UP.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 06:12:14 pm »
Again, I have no words for this show, just like the Kinetic Playground show.  Just ridiculous.  Amazing energy and chemistry.  Jams were sick (again).  It was nice to see the midwest support.  Thanks to Gregg and Jenny for the hospitality.  Need to hear this one again.
You Lucky Bastards!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 09:13:44 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;161141
I: Wake Up In A Coma, Honey Butter, The Chase, Beef Barley, Tom Sawyer, May Fly Disarray

II: jam > Over Exposure, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Tunage > Jump > Tunage

E: The Vermont Song*

* Tim on drums; Adrian on keys; Matt on guitar.

OUTSTANDING show. 1st set owned by Honey Butter and May Fly. Seriously, wait until you hear this Honey Butter, shocked at how good it was. May Fly must\'ve been 25 minutes. I think every tune other than Tom Sawyer (which was a treat) and HB had a jam intro. Incredible 1st set. Obvious from the start everyone was feeling real good.

2nd set was just sick straight through. I can\'t say any song was better than the next, just throw it all in a blender and out comes a delicious smoothie. My highlight had to be Tunage though, first time hearing it live and I think it\'s my favorite TB song already. Such a sick funky-rock groove, I\'m in love.

The sound quality was great here. The atmosphere was perfect. Overall I\'d have to say there were close to 150-200 people at its peak watching from all over, with about 50-75 heads in front of the stage and everyone else either on the patio right there or above. The crowd absolutely loved the show. They received big lasting ovations all night.

I thought Matt was really good most of the show. I realized that along with the growing pains that should be expected, the band reaches heights beyond anything they\'ve been capable of because of him and his style. He\'s very risky, confident, and attentive, and so, now, is the rest of the band. It\'s a great dynamic to see 3 guys who can anticipate each other\'s moves subconsciosly, react to a new element and just run with it. The whole show was very exciting. And the encore was so impressive. Adrian RIPS the organ. Matt SHREDS the gee-tar. The crowd was in awe and I heard tons of heads talking about it after the show.

Thank you Gencs for the beer, thank you Breakfast for another top-notch show.

*9/10*

btw, Over Exposure was played at a slower pace than I\'ve heard it. It was cool, got a nice steady reggae bounce out of the crowd.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:13:44 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 09:21:02 pm »
can\'t wait to hear this show.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

oscoastierob

• taper
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/coastierob
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 10:08:50 pm »
i should have it posted by tues at some point for sure

jonohull

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 01:26:10 am »
Hey, guys. I was taping there too last night. But when I went back to my apartment, we had some people over, and when they left, my iRiver was gone, as was my iPod and digital camera! I lost the show, and $700 worth of gear. We also think these people stole 3 other iPods and another camera. It sucks. But the show rocked faces.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 02:23:58 am »
Quote from: jonohull;161242
Hey, guys. I was taping there too last night. But when I went back to my apartment, we had some people over, and when they left, my iRiver was gone, as was my iPod and digital camera! I lost the show, and $700 worth of gear. We also think these people stole 3 other iPods and another camera. It sucks. But the show rocked faces.

That\'s a bummer man.

Track them down and throw stones.

At least your face was rocked.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jonohull

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 03:54:05 am »
Quote from: Gordo;161246

That\'s a bummer man.

We called the cops, and they talked to them all, but they obviously denied it. Next we\'re going to look at the security tapes from the hallway to see if they took the stuff out after they left our room. They did seem stupid enough to do that.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 08:35:38 am »

man, that sucks. i hope you get that all sorted out. i\'d be super pissed if my camera and other shit got stolen. hopefully the security tapes tell the rest of the story
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 08:58:03 am »
Quote from: jonohull;161249
Quote from: Gordo;161246

That\'s a bummer man.

We called the cops, and they talked to them all, but they obviously denied it. Next we\'re going to look at the security tapes from the hallway to see if they took the stuff out after they left our room. They did seem stupid enough to do that.

You should kick their doors in and rumage through their shit.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 11:58:54 am »
it was probably steevie.
dudes been wanting an ipod for soo long.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jonohull

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 01:35:20 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;161306
it was probably steevie.

Did he want a 6-year-old first generation 5 gig iPod with the actual mechanical scroll wheel? :D

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 02:36:41 pm »
Quote from: jonohull;161325
it was probably steevie.

Did he want a 6-year-old first generation 5 gig iPod with the actual mechanical scroll wheel? :D

i believe so..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 02:55:11 pm »
Sorry to hear. Things will work out and hopefully they can recover your goods.

You enjoyed the show at least?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 03:16:12 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;161332
Quote from: jonohull;161325
it was probably steevie.

i believe so..

kid\'s currently listening to tapes, anything would be a step up.