Author Topic: Anyone see "The Darjeeling Limited"?  (Read 2188 times)

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
Anyone see "The Darjeeling Limited"?
« on: September 29, 2007, 02:07:42 pm »
I think I\'m going to see it tomorrow...I love Wes Anderson flicks! ( Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums, The Life Aquatic).

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:34:09 pm »
saw it...great!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 05:08:34 pm »
Get a room!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:00:49 am »
Very much looking forward to seeing this. Wes Anderson is probably my favorite film crafter right now.

Everyone ought to watch \'Hotel Chevalier\' on iTunes, it\'s free. It\'s Part I of the Darjeeling Limited. Only 12 minutes but it\'s very good.

Sleeper -- I noticed you didn\'t mention Bottle Rocket. If you haven\'t seen it you should asap. It\'s Wes Anderson\'s first of the great bunch. Tenenbaums might still be the best though, that movie is in a class of its own.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:17 am »
Quote from: Gordo;163759
Very much looking forward to seeing this. Wes Anderson is probably my favorite film crafter right now.

Everyone ought to watch \'Hotel Chevalier\' on iTunes, it\'s free. It\'s Part I of the Darjeeling Limited. Only 12 minutes but it\'s very good.

Sleeper -- I noticed you didn\'t mention Bottle Rocket. If you haven\'t seen it you should asap. It\'s Wes Anderson\'s first of the great bunch. Tenenbaums might still be the best though, that movie is in a class of its own.

Amazing film. Go see it (Royal Tenenbaums is in my top 2 films of all time).
One way or another this darkness got to give...

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 07:19:12 am »
The Royal Fuzebaums (Halloween 2006)

we played an entire Spin Doctors album \'Homebelly Groove\'.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 04:44:18 pm »
That\'s pretty awesome.
Masturbation in the MFA

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 12:00:03 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;164020
That\'s pretty awesome.

worked out, \'specially since Richie Tennenbaum (me) was a drummer. PLUS, once Mark said he\'d be Margot, the executive decision was made right then and there.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 01:10:55 pm »
this movie is amazing, do you guys think bill murray was the father?  i guess it\'s left up to the audience, but how about the fucking slow-mo strangers shot when they are at the funeral, man oh man, scenes like that are the reasons film was made, the whole fucking movie is that one goddamn tracking shot! n it\'s so fucking sick, also obviously the slow-mo shot of them losing thier "baggage" was also pretty sweet, oh man do i ever love wes anderson, i\'m so glad he made this before fantastic mr. fox

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:10:51 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138;164192
this movie is amazing, do you guys think bill murray was the father?  i guess it\'s left up to the audience, but how about the fucking slow-mo strangers shot when they are at the funeral, man oh man, scenes like that are the reasons film was made, the whole fucking movie is that one goddamn tracking shot! n it\'s so fucking sick, also obviously the slow-mo shot of them losing thier "baggage" was also pretty sweet, oh man do i ever love wes anderson, i\'m so glad he made this before fantastic mr. fox

shit man, I never thought of that. I\'ll have to see it again (and again) like all of Anderson\'s flicks. I thought it was super-odd that a high profile dude like Bill Murray would have such a small role with no lines and only on film for like 1 minute- tops.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:33:43 pm »
but he missed the train which i think was very symbolic of "life" and as he\'s missing life, dying he is bringing his three sons together, as the train "life" does, also in the montage later on with all the train cars, which also contains portman, it\'s obvious this isnt a train, but more the characters thoughts, or the world, or whates going on around them

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 03:31:46 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138;164211
but he missed the train which i think was very symbolic of "life" and as he\'s missing life, dying he is bringing his three sons together, as the train "life" does, also in the montage later on with all the train cars, which also contains portman, it\'s obvious this isnt a train, but more the characters thoughts, or the world, or whates going on around them

Oh man.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:08:19 pm »
also i am going to see movie again, tomorrow, and will have better thoughts on the matter

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:19:01 pm »
Word to the bird, I am seeing this shit saturday
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 03:34:22 pm »
get ready for the best film of the year!