Author Topic: The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread  (Read 25857 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2008, 09:22:02 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;192383
Drew M. Kingsley: a Connecticut native and Red Sox, Eagles, Knicks and casual Maple Leafs fan

Drew, I\'m a Knicks fan too.  But I don\'t know how proudly we should wave that flag ;)  I am still stinging from the John Starks era...and its been a decade or more now.  Maybe one day we\'ll have a season like the Celts.

That was a hell of a game last night.  I can\'t believe the Celts lost that 20 point lead they had.  Their defense was amazing up until the 4th quarter.  An almost phenomenal comeback by the Lakers.  I really thought with that minute and a half left, they may have had a chance.  I forgot how much i love the NBA Finals.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:40 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;192392
Drew, I\'m a Knicks fan too.  But I don\'t know how proudly we should wave that flag ;)  I am still stinging from the John Starks era...and its been a decade or more now.  Maybe one day we\'ll have a season like the Celts.

Breath = Not Held :drew:

And, as far as "waving that flag", you of all people should know that I handle the Knicks like I handle my Timmy Tour... very seriously.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2008, 02:02:04 pm »
Surprising finish last night. I thought the first half featured some of the worst refereeing I\'ve seen in a final. It was fairly level in the 2nd. It will definitely be tough for LA to take this series now, but they could definitely run 3 straight at home. I\'m expecting a sound victory for LA in Game 3, tight games 4 & 5.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2008, 11:49:59 pm »
had to leave the bar tonight because the thunder/lightening storm was almost taking the place out.  didnt look good first half for boston, but i am hoping it will work out the next 24 min.  looking for a tv/radio link for second half, can anyone help me ??

well im watching espn.go.com gamecast.  hag as shit, but at least it tells who what where and when a basket was scored

enjoy your victory tonight la fans.  rondo needed the money
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:49:59 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2008, 11:52:01 pm »
Ridiculous how many illegal screens not called but other than missing those the refs let them play and what a game it was.
 Lakers finally broke through and it looks like if the Lakers can just figure out how to stop the damn celts in the 3rd quarter they will have this handled.
 Pierce had a shitty game but so did Gasol so that\'s a wash.
Just real happy the Lakers actually got some damn calls. Thursday is gonna be a battle like tonight.

Oh and Gabo. Lose my number. ;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2008, 11:57:10 pm »
what a great game...kobe had an awesome night!! Go Lakers!!!
lisa
:mickey:

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2008, 12:11:41 am »
Game 3: Lakers win, Celtics do not win.

At least I don\'t root for a team where the cool thing to do as a fan is show up halfway through the second quarter and leave early to beat traffic.  The people I know who are fans of the Lakers would DESPISE that from any other team yet they support the franchise most notorious for this behavior and lump themselves in with their lowly fans.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2008, 12:29:57 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;192627
Game 3: Lakers win, Celtics do not win.

At least I don\'t root for a team where the cool thing to do as a fan is show up halfway through the second quarter and leave early to beat traffic.  The people I know who are fans of the Lakers would DESPISE that from any other team yet they support the franchise most notorious for this behavior and lump themselves in with their lowly fans.

Well Seth seeing as there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to do in L.A. than boston and the traffic is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than in boston since most sporting events out here start right during rush hour(which btw in L.A. is every hour except for 3am-5am) it makes sense.
It\'s not a "cool" thing to do it\'s just reality. Every team in every sport suffers from it in L.A. it is what it is and that\'s that. Cry yourself to sleep now and I\'ll read your funny post on Thursday night.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2008, 07:45:05 am »

No, you root for a team where the cool thing for (many, not all) fans to do is show up in 2008 after a 20 year (or so) hiatus.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

sahdeditty

• http://
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2008, 08:05:12 am »
Celtics played like shit. Kobe had a game everyone knew he would have. The Calls went the way it was expected early on. They still missed some calls both ways. If The Lakers play like they did last night on Thursday and both Pierce and KG show up it will be 3-1.
With the way the C\'s played last night and only losing by 6 I feel pretty confident they\'ll be ok.

Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;192638

No, you root for a team where the cool thing for (many, not all) fans to do is show up in 2008 after a 20 year (or so) hiatus.

Unfortunately. It was the same way with the Sox after 2003 and The Pats now we have all these douchebag bandwagon fans who give most of us Boston Sports fans a bad name. At least it hasn\'t become the cool thing to do yet following the Bruins.

I was actually pretty surprised at the crowd at the game last night. They had there moments. I don\'t understand why are they loud when Kobe is at the line but pretty much dead silent when one of the Celtics are at the line.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:07:10 am by sahdeditty »
"When The Fuck did we get Ice Cream?"
" I went to the store to buy a candle holder, they didn\'t have any so I bought a Cake!"

davepeck

• Administrator
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2008, 10:02:09 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;192638

this.

wasn\'t pretty, but we\'ll certainly take it. one of the most stressful games i\'ve ever watched. back and forth. gasol and odom were absolutely miserable. HUGE game for my boy Vujacic, and obviously Kobe. some clutch free throws from Fish as well. the lakers definitely need to step it up on thursday though, and they need to have a good 3rd quarter for once. let\'s go 2-2!

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2008, 05:51:08 pm »
A choppy game? Yes. An essential win? Obviously.

An all-time performance from Kobe--who took matters into his own hands right from the start, as an MVP does--and it was imperative that Sasha hit his shots considering the average performances by Gasol and Fisher, plus the second-straight virtual no-show from Odom.

Certainly, there\'s still tons of work to be done, but the bottom line is that the series is not 3-0 Celtics. They had a chance to put the Lakers on life support and squandered it.

Los Angeles dominates at home. The Celtics are pathetic on the road. The momentum of this series has turned.

Go Lakers!!!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2008, 06:01:15 pm »
Boston had the best road record in the NBA this season.. but yes they\'ve been brutal in the playoffs.

Go LA.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2008, 03:05:18 pm »
I hope both teams bring on a good game tonight, with no meltdowns on either side.  

How is Devo gonna perform while the Lakers are playing:

-have GTB jam out songs so he can jump off the stage to catch bits of the game?

-TV on stage?  Projector streaming the game in the place of a light show?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

SkyePrizm

• separator
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:18 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;192862
I hope both teams bring on a good game tonight, with no meltdowns on either side.  

How is Devo gonna perform while the Lakers are playing:

-have GTB jam out songs so he can jump off the stage to catch bits of the game?

-TV on stage?  Projector streaming the game in the place of a light show?

Lauren and i are going to have a wipeboard and hold up the score.